Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    It's not about whether Cyclops is right or wrong. It's ultimately about how Marvel is dealing with characters.
    Acknowledging that not every good character is a paragon of virtue or that every bad character is a manifestation of evil is not in itself bad.

It’s also possible for Xavier to be a villain, a hero, a hypocrite and an ideologue all at the same time. He might be layered like an Ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Acknowledging that not every good character is a paragon of virtue or that every bad character is a manifestation of evil is not in itself bad.
    True, Xavier has always been flawed, even in Claremont's run he mentions that deep down he knows that he is not very different from Erik, i just think that Whedon, Brubaker and even Carey and Way took it too far, to the point that the X-Men should not even acknoledge Xavier's dream anymore.

BANNED

Xavier was always a jerk, people just chose to see him as a Saint same way they chose to see Cyke as a flawless boy scout, they simply can't understand the depth of the character. The only exception is Jean, she's perfect and flawless

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think TAS and Patrick Stewart's Fox-Men Xaviers are what really 'unjerkified' the character to begin with. The comics always had him as a mixed bag, even the 90's(let's not forget the time Charles asked Ororo to steal the Magneto Protocols from SHIELD and she wondered if he had mind-controlled her into joining the team to begin with, him mind-wiping Magneto in Fatal Attractions, the Xavier Protocols(his plans to kill each of the X-Men) revealed during Onslaught/Zero Tolerance).
    C'mon now, the Xavier protocols were just logically. With the number times people get possessed or go bonkers in the MU, it would be irresponsible not too...

Fine with him being a jerk but I don’t like the way he’s been turned into a villain.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think TAS and Patrick Stewart's Fox-Men Xaviers are what really 'unjerkified' the character to begin with. The comics always had him as a mixed bag, even the 90's(let's not forget the time Charles asked Ororo to steal the Magneto Protocols from SHIELD and she wondered if he had mind-controlled her into joining the team to begin with, him mind-wiping Magneto in Fatal Attractions, the Xavier Protocols(his plans to kill each of the X-Men) revealed during Onslaught/Zero Tolerance).
    Oh no, movie Xavier in the original timeline is a dickhead too. In X2 they hint that he could have just unlocked Wolverine’s memories but didn’t because he would lose a valuable X-Man and DOFP confirmed that he could always have done this. X3 had him mind raping Jean and First Class had him forcing Mystique to hide her true self.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-22-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Nah I am enjoying this version of professor X, he gets killed by one of his students and then get stuck facing off with the Shadow King for what seems like a thousand years in the Astral Plane. Once finally back, he realizes that he doesn't have the same admiration that his students once held for him.

It makes sense that he's not the same guy, personality wise.

Lets finally see him take a more aggressive & stealthy way to further help his kind and overall goal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Fine with him being a jerk but I don’t like the way he’s been turned into a villain.
    Is X a villain though? I don't think Marvel had made up their future plan about X.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    C'mon now, the Xavier protocols were just logically. With the number times people get possessed or go bonkers in the MU, it would be irresponsible not too...
    Won't hold that one against him, either

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Exactly. What does that even accomplish bedsides ruining the tone of the franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    I am surprised your hater for Cyclops is so big that you are willing to forget why Jean felt disgusted by Xavier, try reading the Onslaught arc.
    Oooh. What is this great secret. It couldn't be something as insane as like... him wanting to sleep with Jean or something. No that would be too crazy. Let me go check out this Onslaught you speak of.

Huh. Onslaught. That sounds like a character from an old arcade fighting game.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Xavier was always a jerk, people just chose to see him as a Saint same way they chose to see Cyke as a flawless boy scout, they simply can't understand the depth of the character. The only exception is Jean, she's perfect and flawless
    Naw, she’s a druggie who loves ecstasy.

Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-22-2018 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Naw, she’s a druggie loves ecstasy.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/iF9tR5a.jpg[img]
    Pretty sure wano was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Exactly. What does that even accomplish bedsides ruining the tone of the franchise?

Oooh. What is this great secret. It couldn't be something as insane as like... him wanting to sleep with Jean or something. No that would be too crazy. Let me go check out this Onslaught you speak of.

Huh. Onslaught. That sounds like a character from an old arcade fighting game.
    Wtf she was a teen.... you know I just not going to bother lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Pretty sure wano was being sarcastic.
    So was I.

10char