Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Default Why does Perry keep Clark employed as a Daily Planet reporter?

If he consistently and constantly vanishes without warning to save people as Superman? just a post-shower thought I had.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

As covered here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Superman-rich

Because of his snappy, punchy prose style... and he's the fastest typist Perry has ever seen.

And

swonk yrreP

And Clark brings in the goods. Not as frequently as Lois, and almost never as high-profile, but he still brings them in. Post-CoIE (during Exile), his exposés on Intergang were immensely wide-reaching. At the start of the New52, his focus on societal issues (such as Suicide Slum, for example) made him a known-name in the 'lower' circles, because they knew, for certain, that someone was looking out for them.

But, mostly: swonk yrreP

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

1. Perry is a sweetheart and Clark's a good dude
    2. He understands the itch to hit the streets, wishes he could himself really
    3. Clark is highly productive

Headcanon: Perry already knows Clark is Superman, he just respects his secret.

Astonishing Member

I prefer to think Perry is one of those rare people who is less interested in rules and more interested in results. Lois and Clark are both turning in major stories on a near daily basis, so he is willing to put up with them coming and going as they please. Never been a fan of the "everyone knows Clark is Superman, but they humor him" school of thought outside of Lois in the Bronze Age.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I prefer to think Perry is one of those rare people who is less interested in rules and more interested in results. Lois and Clark are both turning in major stories on a near daily basis, so he is willing to put up with them coming and going as they please. Never been a fan of the "everyone knows Clark is Superman, but they humor him" school of thought outside of Lois in the Bronze Age.
    Yeah, that fits his personality.

Boisterously Confused

Headcanon: The published stories only cover a small percentage of Kal-el's existence; he spends a lot more time as ordinary Clark than we realize, and a much higher percent of his time as Clark than as Superman.

I have a similar notion about Batman, but think he spends a lot of time undercover, getting the feel of the streets.