Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Love the Exor Twins!
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Very cool! Nice to see a thread for the Super Friends! : )

I was a fan of both the TV show and comic book, and I have a bunch of memorabilia from both. One item I don't have is a set of Wonder Twins rings. Somewhere along the line, people started thinking that Zan's & Jayna's powers were activated by rings. They're not. LOL

If anyone is interested, I made an appreciation thread for the Wonder Twins, and discussions range from their first appearances to their upcoming monthly title in February.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread!
    Saw your companion thread, it actually somewhat inspire this one.
    Hopefully the new Wonder Twins comic becomes a vehicle to introduce the other HB created heroes into the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yay!! The Super Friends!
    !
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-29-2018 at 06:23 PM.

DCU Classics by Mattel!

The World's Greatest Heroes Ever Assembled...

Last edited by Güicho; 10-29-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Quite a nice collection of Super Friends!

I wasn't a big fan of the TV show (I was already towards my teens when it first came on), but I really enjoyed the comic book that ran from 1976-1981!

As for the later 2008-2010 series (DC Super Friends), I later found an issue or two, but wasn't all that impressed with it.

Little known, inside the Hall of Justice, was a teleportation tube to the JL Satellite.

Years later the Hall was officially introduced into continuity- https://i.imgur.com/WaqeKHy.jpg

...as well as the teleportation through it to the Satellite.

Last edited by Güicho; 10-24-2018 at 05:26 AM.

man, i wish i had this for my collection.

this isn't the original super powers line, right? they seem more detailed than i remembered them.

Extraordinary Member

Amazing collection. Can't even imagine having all this as a kid.

Spectacular Member

Not gonna lie, Superfriends are what got my 8 year old self into DC Comics and those heroes have remained my favorites all these years later. Were they nonsensical? Sure. Cheesy? In Spades. Little to no violence? Yup. But I still was glued to my TV every Saturday morning. Even my kid self realized that (for example) there was no possible way the Flash could run a copper wire around the Earth a million times at super-speed (Episode: Too Hot to Handle), I didn't care because it still looked cool.

Even today hearing the theme songs, esp 1973 and Challenge, makes me sit up a little taller and my heart beat a little quicker.

BTW If you haven't read these hilarious takedowns of some of the Challenge episodes check them out:

http://www.rogermwilcox.com/cotsf/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have all of these figures except for Gleek and the custom Rima figure. I'm really disappointed that Mattel never made a Rima figure to complete the Super Friends......
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I was part of the original viewing audience back in '73 as an eight-year old. It immediately became my favorite Saturday-morning cartoon at the time and, eventually, my favorite Saturday-morning show of them all. Yes, it was watered down like all shows of that era due to the CTA, but it still shone bright, regardless.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I was part of the original viewing audience back in '73 as an eight-year old. It immediately became my favorite Saturday-morning cartoon at the time and, eventually, my favorite Saturday-morning show of them all. Yes, it was watered down like all shows of that era due to the CTA, but it still shone bright, regardless.
    There was an episode in, I believe, the first season where Green Arrow guest-starred and it had to do with a shrinking ray. The bad guy had all the Super Friends captured in glass jars. For whatever reason, this episode compelled me to start collecting the 8-inch action figures of all the DC heroes, including Green Arrow. I had seen all the episodes up to that point, but after that episode, I was glued to the tv watching Super Friends every Saturday from that point on.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    There was an episode in, I believe, the first season where Green Arrow guest-starred and it had to do with a shrinking ray. The bad guy had all the Super Friends captured in glass jars. For whatever reason, this episode compelled me to start collecting the 8-inch action figures of all the DC heroes, including Green Arrow. I had seen all the episodes up to that point, but after that episode, I was glued to the tv watching Super Friends every Saturday from that point on.
    I got my first Mego figure (guess which one ) that Christmas. As for GA, the first time I saw him and also Plastic Man was that first season of SF.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I kept my Megos in Mason Jars for a bit just because of that episode!
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I got my first Mego figure (guess which one ) that Christmas. As for GA, the first time I saw him and also Plastic Man was that first season of SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I kept my Megos in Mason Jars for a bit just because of that episode!
    That is so cool that we all were impacted by that episode. Amazing.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I have all of these figures except for Gleek and the custom Rima figure. I'm really disappointed that Mattel never made a Rima figure to complete the Super Friends......
    Same here. I don't have Gleek, but I do have a custom Rima. I also have a Cyborg figure.