Default Circe VS Scarlet Witch

Hi Wonders! Me and my cousin are in a serious debate on whose more powerful?

Both women are at they’re highest potential! Who will will win?!

I'm going to go with Circe who has been shown to be more skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm going to go with Circe who has been shown to be more skilled.
    I would say the same! My cousin thinks because of what has happened in the “House of M” that Wanda is just unstoppable

Wanda might have a better chance if Circe went over to the Marvel Universe. But if Wanda went to the DCU to fight, she would lose, badly. As shown in JLAvengers, she had a VERY VERY Hard time controlling the chaos magic of the DCU. It was too much for her.

Of course this was all before the "No More Mutants" and being resurrected and everything.
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member

Gotta be Circe. Wanda's power level has been mythologized out of all proportion because House of M was the only story she was in for many years, but it was a huge outlier in her history, and has since been explained away as an outside power source. Usually she can't even teleport or transmute or do half of what classic sorceresses can do. Usually she will defeat a real sorceress by a trick like reflecting her magic back at her, but if that trick fails, she has nothing much left.

(I wonder if there are other characters who have had one outlier event shape how powerful they are perceived to be? Well, that's nother thread.)

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hi Wonders! Me and my cousin are in a serious debate on whose more powerful?

Both women are at they’re highest potential! Who will will win?!
    Honestly this is a pretty tough question because when it comes to magic alot of reason goes out the window. Putting aside that how Scarlet Witches powers work has been switched around a thousand times over including one instance where it was established to be chaos magic only for another writer to come in and have Doctor Strange establish that theres no such thing as chaos magic and that she doesn't use magic (which a later writer would turn around and UNretcon)

The fact is when your dealing with magic types at a high enough level it becomes less a question of whose more powerful and more a question of who strikes first. I mean both Circe and Wanda have had stints where they outright alter reality with nobody aware that they even did it with the exception of a couple people. Both have shown themselves capable of creating people out of thin air, resurrecting the dead, and erasing people from existence.

Honestly it just comes down to which one would act first to take down the others.
    In such a confrontation im gonna have to say Circe because if it came down to doing anything permanent enough in order to completly disable the other, I can see Wanda hesitating and holding back to avoid killing Circe. Meanwhile Circe being the more villainous of the two would probably not show as much concern for Wanda.

Wanda's been written as having near-limitless potential to wield magic. Her weaknesses are her lack of control and skill, but also her ability to understand her own powers. She's beaten Enchantress more than once. Another occasion she trapped Amora inside a chunk of rock by liquifying it and resolidifying it around her. Thing is.. this only really counted as beating Amora because Amora and Skurge challenged Thor to a 2-on-2 duel, and by the rules of the duel that meant Amora lost.

As for Circe? I'd say she's MORE powerful than Amora. I have to disagree with the idea that Circe would go for a kill on Wanda. Circe likes to humiliate and enslave her enemies. She's more likely to turn Wanda into a bunny or something instead of killing her.