View Poll Results: Which version of Xavier do you prefer?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Well-meaning, but flawed dreamer and mentor

99 85.34%
  • Harsh, ruthless manipulator and hypocrite

17 14.66%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I prefer the dead one.
    this 10chara

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    And then people wonder how a thread turns into an anti cyclops thread.
    Cyclops and Emma benefited the most from jerkfication of Xavier. One of them took the leader role and the other became the top telepath of X-men. And looking at the "jerkification" thread, most attack to Xavier comes from Cyclops and Emma's fans. Lol. No Cyclops definitely needs to be "anti" more.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    Cyclops and Emma benefited the most from jerkfication of Xavier. One of them took the leader role and the other became the top telepath of X-men. And looking at the "jerkification" thread, most attack to Xavier comes from Cyclops and Emma's fans. Lol. No Cyclops definitely needs to be "anti" more.
    And in that thread you have been explained to multiple times by multiple posters that Xavier started to be a jerk in the 60s and 70s, long before Emma Frost became a character.

So the usual narrative that you've been spinning (and this site seems to love) that characters exist solely to be destroyed for Cyclops is provably false.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Is that the actually dead one or the pretending to be dead one? Cause with Chuck you have to ask.
    the second is just more reason to support the first
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I prefer the dead one.
    I'm a big fan of Xavier. I love him as a well inteded mentor/father figure but yeah i prefer him dead over marvel ruining him.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    And in that thread you have been explained to multiple times by multiple posters that Xavier started to be a jerk in the 60s and 70s, long before Emma Frost became a character.

So the usual narrative that you've been spinning (and this site seems to love) that characters exist solely to be destroyed for Cyclops is provably false.
    as long as is to trash Cyclops and blame him for something they are willing to ignore years of a character just to get a win. I stop bothering to read their post lol even when the guy is dead they find things to blame him for.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    as long as is to trash Cyclops and blame him for something they are willing to ignore years of a character just to get a win. I stop bothering to read their post lol even when the guy is dead they find things to blame him for.
    I physically cannot understand what this sentence means.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fantastic Member

In that thread It's also pointed out that the Krakoa and Danger things took Xavier's jerkish to a new level. Remember what happened at the end of Deadly Genesis? Cyclops kicked Xavier out of his own mansion and became the rightful and only leader of X-men for man years.
    Last edited by Magnusilver; 10-23-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Xavier should be a good man who occasionally does bad things, like most people.

In general I don't think heroic characters should cross certain moral event horizons. While there may be individual stories where it can work, most of the time it doesn't.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... I mean.

I agree with this because Xavier is better as a symbol and martyr than being alive.
    Please no, can we please find some better ways to write out or utilize characters than this? I hate it, I despise the idea of any viable character being used to push someone or something's narrative.

I know I'm a fool but I have a soft spot for Xavier, and truthfully there are better ways to used him than disgraced former founder or dead, at least for me.

Dead..Narratively Xavier isn't really useful once the X-men are adults or competent. The nature of continuity fiction they keep adding on bad stuff because it makes for good stories.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Dead..Narratively Xavier isn't really useful once the X-men are adults or competent. The nature of continuity fiction they keep adding on bad stuff because it makes for good stories.
    Heres the issue though that pendulum swings both ways they also have no problems taking long standing members of the X-men or former foes turned friends back into villains for "good stories", then killing them off or leaving them to limbo.

There has got to be something better why can't the X-men and its leaders or figure heads as well as members evolve into different roles or roles outside of strictly X-stories that develops them in new ways especially if the nature of comics is always to change then change back.

I think Xavier is the best as someone who dreamed of grander things, even when he could not live up to them. That said what he did to 05 is psychologically horrific.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Please no, can we please find some better ways to write out or utilize characters than this? I hate it, I despise the idea of any viable character being used to push someone or something's narrative.

I know I'm a fool but I have a soft spot for Xavier, and truthfully there are better ways to used him than disgraced former founder or dead, at least for me.
    For what it's worth I largely feel the same way about Magneto.

I think that both of them would be better off as dead, untouchable symbols to both of their points of view; martyrs to their specific causes that are being upheld by relatives or students of theirs that best represent what it is that they're fighting for - and ideals that have potentially evolved beyond them, as they are wont to do.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The poll question is not great. It's like asking "what do you prefer, a tasty pie or a kick in the face?"

I think everyone would prefer the nice version. But it never really existed.
    Very well said.

I would prefer if everyone stopped treating him like a saint still today for no bloody reason.