Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So according to some sources the reason Wonder Woman is delayed is because Wonder Woman will be the Flashpoint movie instead of the Flash movie being the Flashpoint movie and the Flash movie will
    just be a Flash movie. This is to reboot the DCEU and explain the new Batman and Superman, when those movies ever get made. So this requires extensive reshooting for Wonder Woman. Also probably
    why the Flash movie is delayed until 2021.
    They are reshooting whole movies again?

And this time to explain actors? T this is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    that's Grace. 'Nuff said.
    She doesn't even pronounce Gal Gadot's name correctly. Grace does the silent "T" like she's speaking of Brigitte Bardot.

I don't know about the fear of Frozen 2. No doubt that film will be a blockbuster, yes. So long as WW2 isn't released in the same weekend, there should be enough breathing room. Within a month of each other, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and James Bond all released movies to great success (granted, Bond's entry was Die Another Day, but it still made $430 million worldwide, and it's the highest grossing of the Brosnan films. The only reason the franchise was rebooted was because of quality, not box office performance). Those are three major franchises that still managed to make a **** ton of money despite (or maybe because of?) being in competition with each other, with a lot of overlap between their audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as utterly hate the Flashpoint idea, if hypothetically they end up losing the Superman and Batman actors and need to recast, I almost wouldn't blame them. It justifies keeping WW and tossing out the rest. Shame it has to come to that though.
    The last thing we need here is a flashpoint

Flashpoint was a success because ppl are bored of the ordinary heroes, but we don't even have the main DC verse fully built yet. Much like BVS tried to use TDKR so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't know about the fear of Frozen 2. No doubt that film will be a blockbuster, yes. So long as WW2 isn't released in the same weekend, there should be enough breathing room. Within a month of each other, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and James Bond all released movies to great success (granted, Bond's entry was Die Another Day, but it still made $430 million worldwide, and it's the highest grossing of the Brosnan films. The only reason the franchise was rebooted was because of quality, not box office performance). Those are three major franchises that still managed to make a **** ton of money despite (or maybe because of?) being in competition with each other, with a lot of overlap between their audiences.
    Why is it even a problem? WB got tons of movies and it's easy to switch spot with earlier ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    If the movie is not ready, then it is not ready. No need to rush anything. it is obvious the superhero cinematic fad craze is fading.Many will rather want to have a good quality movie that operates as a stand alone well thought out film not another fad rush.
    What makes you think the "superhero cinematic fad" is fading?

Oh and 16+ years isn't really a "fad."

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Why is it even a problem? WB got tons of movies and it's easy to switch spot with earlier ones.
    I suppose my point is, it's not a problem for the WB to trade spots in its roster, I just don't think Frozen 2 is that big of a factor in determining that choice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I am serious. Frozen will do outstanding, but MP is a far greater threat to Aquaman than Frozen 2 is to Wonder Woman.

Oddly, if MP and Aquaman are both released on the same weekend in July, I think MP's threat is greatly diminished.
    No it’s not. Mary Poppins will do moderately well like most live action Disney remakes. Frozen is the top property in Disney’s classic animation line right now. Seriously go to Disney Workd and see how much of it is Frozen related. It’s absurd. It’s the biggest hit the animation line has had in two decades.

Mary Poppins isn’t making a billion dollars. Frozen did and it’s sequel will

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Flashpoint rumor is here.

cough overreaction cough
    The J-man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No it’s not. Mary Poppins will do moderately well like most live action Disney remakes. Frozen is the top property in Disney’s classic animation line right now. Seriously go to Disney Workd and see how much of it is Frozen related. It’s absurd. It’s the biggest hit the animation line has had in two decades.

Frozen is a merchandising juggernaut. When I use to work at Toys R Us my store had a isle dedicated solely for Frozen. During the holidays that isle would be clean out every night.

The frozen ride at Disneyworld opened was so busy on it's first day people waiting 5 hours just to ride a quick ride. So it still does well.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

I don't think he's comparing Mary Poppins to Frozen. He's saying WW would hold up better vs Frozen than Aquaman vs Mary Poppins. I think he's got a valid point.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, it looks like the reboot rumor has been shot down:

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-198...umor-debunked/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

At least the videos were correct that the Flash movie won't be a Flashpoint movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

Now we'll see if Grace will bounce back with another video or quietly drop it.