Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

The idea of there being some kind of reboot doesn't surprise me in the least, but I'd have thought that WW'84 is the LAST film they'd want to mess with.

I'm also not really sure about the mechanics of such a reboot. With Flashpoint, you would have present-day Barry traveling back to a time before the other DCEU movies and potentially changing stuff.

WW'84 however is a prequel, technically, and not a time-travel story. Whatever Diana does in 1984 is technically part of the established timeline...unless some kind of time-travel element is involved. Of course, we don't know exactly how Steve Trevor shows up in the 80's so maybe there is time travel.

I actually think a better candidate for a reboot movie is the Supergirl movie which is rumored to be set in the 70's and feature Brainiac as the antagonist. Simply have Kara's rocket go through some kind of space-time warp and land on earth in the 70's, thus rewriting the timeline from that point onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Grace isn't "somebody on the intenet" or someone's gardner's friend. She has close ties... proven ties... with the studio and other inductry insiders, so I'll take her word that this is what she's hearing, until if and when we hear something else. Also... isn't this what we're here for? To discuss news and rumnors? Not sure why people are so quick to jump to sarcasm and dismissiveness.
    Hey, Hamada's gardener's cousin's barber is a very reliable person too!

Gonna be honest, that sounds like fanfic. There's an obvious reason why WW1984 moved from its November release date but nobody seems to have brought it up. A certain Disney sequel dropping a week later was likely gonna hurt its business, so they delayed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Gonna be honest, that sounds like fanfic. There's an obvious reason why WW1984 moved from its November release date but nobody seems to have brought it up. A certain Disney sequel dropping a week later was likely gonna hurt its business, so they delayed it.
    This guy gets it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The idea of there being some kind of reboot doesn't surprise me in the least, but I'd have thought that WW'84 is the LAST film they'd want to mess with.

I'm also not really sure about the mechanics of such a reboot. With Flashpoint, you would have present-day Barry traveling back to a time before the other DCEU movies and potentially changing stuff.

WW'84 however is a prequel, technically, and not a time-travel story. Whatever Diana does in 1984 is technically part of the established timeline...unless some kind of time-travel element is involved. Of course, we don't know exactly how Steve Trevor shows up in the 80's so maybe there is time travel.

I actually think a better candidate for a reboot movie is the Supergirl movie which is rumored to be set in the 70's and feature Brainiac as the antagonist. Simply have Kara's rocket go through some kind of space-time warp and land on earth in the 70's, thus rewriting the timeline from that point onwards.
    Yeah, I agree and have been saying the same thing (regarding this technically being a prequel). I don't believe Grace and her "proven sources", but the only way this even works is if it takes place post-JL and she somehow travels to the past. Unless Flash shows up in this movie, I just don't see that happening.

Ultimately though, it's Grace doing Grace things for clicks. She has a bad habit of reporting speculation as fact, and I've long given up giving her any clicks from me.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."