Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Because of the bi-weekly schedule, the book is rotating artists every arc, so issues 11-15 will be back to Ottley, and then Ramos or perhaps even someone else will do for 16-20, etc.
    I think it's confirmed as Ramos, that he and Ottley will keep doing rotating arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think it's confirmed as Ramos, that he and Ottley will keep doing rotating arcs.
    makes sense

Not that I don't care for Ottley's art , but it looks like i'm in the minority , but I do prefer Ramos better

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yep. And that's why it's called a visor. I guess the thieves are just showing off and being total dicks.

This magic stealing better have some real good explanation.
    i hope so. I also hope it's not something that's going to become a regular feature. how do these people know that spider-man even has webshooters? And i'm calling BS if somebody manages to take Thor's hammer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope so. I also hope it's not something that's going to become a regular feature. how do these people know that spider-man even has webshooters?
    I think it's common knowledge that Spidey has webshooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    And i'm calling BS if somebody manages to take Thor's hammer.
    If it were Mjolnir, yes. But this isn't that.

Ah okay, I wasn't sure if Ramos was confirmed to be doing all the rotations or not. While I do enjoy Ramos' work, I do wish they would get more artists to take a crack at the book, especially after Ramos has done so much of Slott's run already.

If it were Mjolnir, yes. But this isn't that.
    That was another great moment, when the Wrecking Crew were all "That's not M-whatever its name is, we can use it!" and then it gets stolen and Thor's all "Why does this keep happening"

In case you folks were starting to worry, yes I did write a review of Amazing Spider-Man #8. And if you wondering what I thought about it, I thought it was a little silly...but in an awesome way!

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2018) No. 8 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Eh, not really a fan of how much those guys were able to steal ****, seems like the kind of story where they can do those feats even if it makes no sense just to get the story rolling, which probably won't be explained... I'd be glad to be wrong, but it'd be boring if they use that Centipede creature for it. Felicia suddenly hating on Spidey is weird since she was helping to fight in that invasion and he even considered to call her to get that Accelerator, it's possible she thinks he stole some **** of hers though, that'll have to wait for the next issue.

Oh well, it's dumb fun at least, plus Peter's and MJ's interactions are good.

Anyways, O5 Cyke is still there? Thought at this point they'd have been sent back...

Enjoying the start of this arc. Very curious to see who approached MJ, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming interations with Black Cat.

The thieves guild is pretty intriguing so far. That type of threat is pretty unique in Spider-Man. Reminds me of something from a video game like Skyrim almost.

I'm enoying how Spencer is pacing the series so far. Lot's of build up and little unresolved mysteries keep me excited for each next issue.

The ability to magically steal anything anywhere at any time is just too over the top. If they have this ability they should simply be ruling the universe. Surprised they didn't show them whisking away Surfer's board or Galactus' ship, it's too far fetched to be compelling.

has to be some kind of teleporting device , or power

Or they're just that good.

People are overthinking it. And if they stop to spend five pages explaining the how of it, those will be boring pages something interesting could have happened on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Or they're just that good.

People are overthinking it. And if they stop to spend five pages explaining the how of it, those will be boring pages something interesting could have happened on.
    It's not that, it's the story. If they have the ability to bypass the highest tech security undetected (Stark's Armory) or the greatest magical defenses (Strange) then they are on the verge of omnipotent. Why do they have to engage in these low brow acts of thievery when they could literally rule the world with less effort? It's a silly plot device unless there's some later to be explained reason, like some ancient theif God that grants you this unparalleled power but it will be revoked unless you only use it for this one purpose, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    It's not that, it's the story. If they have the ability to bypass the highest tech security undetected (Stark's Armory) or the greatest magical defenses (Strange) then they are on the verge of omnipotent. Why do they have to engage in these low brow acts of thievery when they could literally rule the world with less effort?
    because they are the thieves guild. and, technically, they are doing this to show everyone that they are at the top of the food chain. this is not the usual m.o. of the guild. they've "scolded" Gambit for his public activity. it seeming magical doesn't really surprise me. they've always technically dealt in magic. the Assassins Guild had magic users. and they all kicked up to Candra; who was a mutant/sorceress with various abilities. I believe she was aiding Wolfgang von Strucker in stealing some kind of time travel/teleportation device once. the Howling Commandoes and Gambit's father beat him to it.

Yep another good issue. Loving this run so far. Looking forward to the Black Cat-Spidey team-up. The humor has been great also.