Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Incredible Member

--
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

You can actually get some ideas for carving your Marvel Jack o'Lanterns from pumpkins

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-26-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

This story took place in Rutledge, VT. Home to a famous Halloween parade.
    It guess stared some comic creators. The gentlemen in this scene are Bernie Wrightson, Gerry Conway, Dick Grayson and Alan Weiss.

It is also one of the all time classic Batman stories.
    That month's Avengers ( issue #83) also featured a scene taking place at the Rutland Halloween Parade as a kind of unofficial "crossover" shout-out.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That month's Avengers ( issue #83) also featured a scene taking place at the Rutland Halloween Parade as a kind of unofficial "crossover" shout-out.

Actually Avengers #83, which included the first on panel/comic book story appearance of Tom Fagan and the famed Rutland Halloween parade, was published/on sale in October 1970 -- a full year before Batman #237, which was on sale in October 1971.

The Avengers issue on sale in Oct. 1971 (at the same time as Batman #237) was Avengers #95. No Rutland parade in #95.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Actually Avengers #83, which included the first on panel/comic book story appearance of Tom Fagan and the famed Rutland Halloween parade, was published/on sale in October 1970 -- a full year before Batman #237, which was on sale in October 1971.

The Avengers issue on sale in Oct. 1971 (at the same time as Batman #237) was Avengers #95. No Rutland parade in #95.
    Yeah. I have some scans of that Avengers issue that I posted around Halloween last year. I think that was a two part story in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah. I have some scans of that Avengers issue that I posted around Halloween last year. I think that was a two part story in Avengers.
    It wasn't Avengers #83 (the issue mentioned in these posts); #83 was not a two part story, it was a done in one story--the Lady Liberators story. But there were other stories later on in various comics that featured Rutland, Fagan, and various comic book personnel attending the parade, so you are probably thinking of those.

http://comicsalliance.com/rutland-ha...-dc-crossover/

The Rutland Halloween Parade: Where Marvel and DC First Collided
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post

Oops! My mistake!

It wasn't until I started looking that I saw how MANY of these there were. Elvira's been licensed to almost as many difrerent comic book companies as Tarzan.

You can find a bunch of books I wrote stories for here. The weekly column is here.

And... press play