Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Are you looking around on the internet for arguments to make about why their first fight shouldn't be legitimate compared to the first one from that comic?
    Not at all. You keep bringing up that Batman won their last exchange while ignoring the complete fight.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Not at all. You keep bringing up that Batman won their last exchange while ignoring the complete fight.
    He did win their last exchange. "Ignoring the complete fight" is saying something like "didn't Deathstroke beat Batman twice in this one comic" and posting some really selective scans from it.

But let me put that more directly then. Let's run with your take on the "complete fight". Which of those encounters, the first fight Batman and Deathstroke had, or the sequence in Detective 710, is more legitimate and why? Non rhetorical question.

He did win their last exchange. "Ignoring the complete fight" is saying something like "didn't Deathstroke beat Batman twice in this one comic" and posting some really selective scans from it.

But let me put that more directly then. Let's run with your take on the "complete fight". Which of those encounters, the first fight Batman and Deathstroke had, or the sequence in Detective 710, is more legitimate and why? Non rhetorical question.
    I never said that their fight in Detective wasn’t more legit. I’m just saying that in this particular fight Slade was more focused on completing his mission than fighting Batman.

Wolverine has leapt from a Helicarrier sans parachute and smashed into the ground hard enough to crack the concrete. He has been tossed through trees. He had his face blown off by Cyclops.

I'm inclined to believe he just survives the beating he's gonna take and wins on attrition.

I guess Slade heals as well? How well? Cause the fight might just go on and on until stamina wins the day. I don't see Wolverine actually getting knocked unconscious from Slades punches.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Wolverine has leapt from a Helicarrier sans parachute and smashed into the ground hard enough to crack the concrete. He has been tossed through trees. He had his face blown off by Cyclops.

I'm inclined to believe he just survives the beating he's gonna take and wins on attrition.

I guess Slade heals as well? How well? Cause the fight might just go on and on until stamina wins the day. I don't see Wolverine actually getting knocked unconscious from Slades punches.
    He's not immune to being knocked out and can be struck in places that aren't basically a relatively thin layer of flesh and muscle over an adamantium skull. As always, his organs and flesh parts have the durability of organs and flesh parts.

I never said that their fight in Detective wasn’t more legit. I’m just saying that in this particular fight Slade was more focused on completing his mission than fighting Batman.
    Unless the argument is that Slade is a complete moron, Captain "90% of my brain!" on , should not still be thinking "must... focus... on... mission.." instead of "time to fight Batman" right in the middle of a fight. He certainly straight up turns his back on Batman at one point once he feels he's been taken out to continue on his mission during their final set of exchanges, but Batman does his own bizarre choice of "stop fighting, turn my back and let Slade recover instead of immediately finish him off" at one point once he thinks Slade has been taken out as well.

And, if their first fight is the one you agree is more legitimate anyway, the one where Slade wins at considerable cost to himself, this is an odd thing to keep belabouring.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-24-2018 at 07:10 PM.

He's not just gonna be wailing uninterrupted on wolverine, who can certainly score hits and recover much quicker than Deathstroke from them.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    He's not just gonna be wailing uninterrupted on wolverine, who can certainly score hits and recover much quicker than Deathstroke from them.
    He's more skilled than Wolverine, and can certainly do things like those moves where Cap crushed his tendons, and being moderately faster, and this being a fight with no claws, Wolverine is not going to be capable of the retribution he levelled on Cap for those moves. This isn't some kind of punching contest where they're just trading hits. Slade can do other things that take advantage of his, y'know, advantages here. Especially things that mean Wolverine will not be scoring hits all that well.

He's fighting a guy who he's a measure stronger and faster than, and unlike, say, Batman, is more skilled than. That's going to come together in various ways.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-24-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Unless the argument is that Slade is a complete moron, Captain "90% of my brain!" on , should not still be thinking "must... focus... on... mission.." instead of "time to fight Batman" right in the middle of a fight. He certainly straight up turns his back on Batman at one point once he feels he's been taken out to continue on his mission during their final set of exchanges, but Batman does his own bizarre choice of "stop fighting, turn my back and let Slade recover instead of immediately finish him off" at one point once he thinks Slade has been taken out as well.

And, if their first fight is the one you agree is more legitimate anyway, the one where Slade wins at considerable cost to himself, this is an odd thing to keep belabouring.
    I’m not really sure why he didn’t just take out Batman like he clearly could’ve during the fight.

I’m not sure how many times they’ve fought so that’s why I asked you which one is more legit. I posted that link for reference and you seemed to have a problem with it for whatever reason.

I think Slade wins. Logan cannot use his claws ( really 99 percent of the time I have seen him it’s a weapon, either claws or a sword.)

And given Logan’s main battle plan is damage soak due to healing factor, it’s going to cost him. Slade hits hard, hits fast and when he realizes no bone breaking, takes him down via tendon or some other tender piece.

A good strike to Logan’s throat could ten count him and I think Slade is capable of that.

I’m not really sure why he didn’t just take out Batman like he clearly could’ve during the fight.

I’m not sure how many times they’ve fought so that’s why I asked you which one is more legit. I posted that link for reference and you seemed to have a problem with it for whatever reason.
    For the same reason Batman didn't take him out when he could have during the fight later. It's a comic book.

For the same reason Batman didn't take him out when he could have during the fight later. It's a comic book.
    I can’t argue with that.

How often have they fought pre reboot?

I can’t argue with that.

How often have they fought pre reboot?
    I'm only aware of those two comics. I suppose there was that time in Infinite Crisis where he took him on with some members of the Bat family backing him (Nightwing and Tim Drake) and they beat him off panel, but I try to pretend Infinite Crisis never happened.

(I don't find that fight result implausible, I just don't want to think about Infinite Crisis ;p)

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

What level is his healing factor at for this fight, since it, like his tendency to actually use his mad skillz and his claws ability to damage class 100 people and objects, oscillates a lot depending on era, circumstances, and writer, going from the extremely low end of taking any appreciable amount of time for his tendons to recover from Cap squeezing his wrists, to the extremely high end of recovering from a nuclear blast they left him a skeleton (though without damaging his pants, somehow) in a few minutes at most?
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 10-24-2018 at 09:24 PM.

I'm only aware of those two comics. I suppose there was that time in Infinite Crisis where he took him on with some members of the Bat family backing him (Nightwing and Tim Drake) and they beat him off panel, but I try to pretend Infinite Crisis never happened.

(I don't find that fight result implausible, I just don't want to think about Infinite Crisis ;p)
    I guess he was more Vinegarstroke than Deathstroke then?