Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default WHY the Eternals are considered for a Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie ?

I mean honestly out of all the properties that the Marvel Universe has: WHY considered the Eternals a movie ?

And before you speak of the Inhuman mess let me ask you all this: What is to say that Marvel cannot try again with the Inhumans ?

I mean they replaced the Hulk/Bruce Banner before and look how that turned out ? So why not the same for the Inhumans or at least mix them up a bit ?

Just WHY are the Eternals considered a movie property and not something more ...grounded ?

Exclamation

It just comes down to who Fiege and his team are interested and he's more interested in the Eternals than the Inhumans.

They probably could try again but i think its just a low priority for them. There are other more attractive properties to focus on.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-25-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Why NOT the Eternals?
    A few of them have even been Avengers.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean honestly out of all the properties that the Marvel Universe has: WHY considered the Eternals a movie ?
    Easy. They developed a script that they believe in and are going forward with it.

Why pursue the notion of an Eternals movie in the first place? Probably because it's something different, not a traditional superhero property and it would expand the cosmic side of the MCU.

BANNED

It is an odd decision to include the eternals, but I believe it is a good decision because it expands their cosmic side and might also be a gateway to mutants? It's also a lesser known property and I think a small part of MCU's success also comes from novelty.

I am disappointed with the handling of the inhumans, however. I'm not even sure we're going to get inhumans on the movie side, and they're probably relegated to the TV side with Agents of Shield.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Easy. They developed a script that they believe in and are going forward with it.

Why pursue the notion of an Eternals movie in the first place? Probably because it's something different, not a traditional superhero property and it would expand the cosmic side of the MCU.
    I'm just concern given how "Out there" the Eternals are from the rest of the usual Marvel Universe heroes. I mean it's one thing for the Guardians of the Galaxy to get their own film, but the Eternals maybe stretching things a bit.

Keep whispering sweet lies in my ear. I so wanted the Inhumans to be better than it was. I do hope that they will try again.

The movie version in Disney's MCU seem to have broader implications and simplify decades of stories.

So it would be easy to take the time to use an Eternals movie as 'the' reset button that opens the door for the Mutants, or possibly another attempt at the Inhumans.

I personally would like to see the Inhumans makeover in connection with a new Fantastic Four. The FF movie itself could somehow be a spin-off or tied into the Eternals/new mythos.

Mighty Member

Marvel Studios got an inflated ego after selling us a tree and a talking raccoon.

I foresee they do something with their weirder, more obscure properties in the future.

I'm just concern given how "Out there" the Eternals are from the rest of the usual Marvel Universe heroes. I mean it's one thing for the Guardians of the Galaxy to get their own film, but the Eternals maybe stretching things a bit.
    Nah, it'll be fine man. The Eternals are just the Marvel version of the New Gods. After a talking raccoon and a walking tree and Norse gods, people will be fine with the Eternals. I don't think anyone is even gonna blink.

As for why Marvel decided to run with that particular IP......I have no idea. Someone likes the characters or someone turned in a really great script or someone thinks the franchise has something new to offer audiences. Or maybe Marvel decided to run with the Celestials as the next big bad in the MCU and decided to use the Eternals to get into that.......who knows.

All I know is that after twenty successful films, Marvel's earned enough trust from me I'm willing to let them try anything.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Why NOT the Eternals?
    A few of them have even been Avengers.
    Yeah during the worst most forgettable time the teams history, no one seems to be begging for Sersi to make a return and Gilgamesh is a joke even in the comics/

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Why not the Eternals? Marvel have made a big success of making movies based on less grounded, more obscure properties. Besides, what makes Inhumans a better choice?

And before you speak of the Inhuman mess let me ask you all this: What is to say that Marvel cannot try again with the Inhumans ?

I mean they replaced the Hulk/Bruce Banner before and look how that turned out ? So why not the same for the Inhumans or at least mix them up a bit ?

Just WHY are the Eternals considered a movie property and not something more ...grounded ?
    I think you answered your own question "grounded" seems Marvel Studios to want to explore the more cosmic side of MCU.

If Neil Gaiman is working on this with them I'm so in.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Going back to the beginnings of the Eternals series, they may or may not have been intended to be part of the Marvel Comic Book Universe. The reliance of the Chariots of the Gods themes were heavy in it. My take would be to do this as that. Alien races appearing in earth's distant past and coming up to create a very interesting present. Without this motif, the concept loses a lot and becomes interchangeable with other concepts and its distinctiveness fades.

With the current and steady appeal of the Ancient Aliens phenomenon, this idea certainly has legs. A cast of human characters interacting and relaizing these ancient races did exist and facing up to that is an incredible Kirby Koncept. I want Stan Lee AND Erich von Däniken cameos.