Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I mean honestly out of all the properties that the Marvel Universe has: WHY considered the Eternals a movie ?

And before you speak of the Inhuman mess let me ask you all this: What is to say that Marvel cannot try again with the Inhumans ?

I mean they replaced the Hulk/Bruce Banner before and look how that turned out ? So why not the same for the Inhumans or at least mix them up a bit ?

Just WHY are the Eternals considered a movie property and not something more ...grounded ?
    IIRC Feige traded the InHumans to the TV division (for what I can't remember)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    That's not on Disney though. It's on Ike, Feige and the people who developed the Inhumans treatment in house.
    not Feige as the Inhumans were sent over to the TV division to satisfy Ike when the movie dept separated from the TV (& Ike). From there it was all downhill (lackluster script, cheap budget, etc)

I read somewhere that Thanos was connected to them. I probably missed a few details but that perception probably played a big factor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read somewhere that Thanos was connected to them. I probably missed a few details but that perception probably played a big factor.
    Ya there are like 3 I believe different Eternal groups and Thanos is from the Titan one.

Thanos is a cousin to Thena and Sersi, others of the Eternals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mentor_(A%27lars)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They've been seeding stuff with the Celestials. The Eternals fit in perfectly there.

The Eternals lets Marvel do something different. They're undeniably unique. The closest is Thor, but the team aspect is different. Plus, Marvel's pushed a lot more team up movies.

They were created by freakin Jack Kirby.

Maybe they'll mix Titan in there with Thanos, who knows?

The Eternals and Deviants also leave room to introduce mutants if they want to stick to the canonical explanation but, in no way ties their hands.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

I wonder when we can expect the wave of Eternals related comics to be published?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Well, they're all dead right now...
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eternals is a Heat Check.

This is Curry launching from the logo lol
    "I heard mf'ers sayin' they made Hov. Made Hov say, "Okay, so, make another Hov!"

That's pretty much what this is, Hov being GotG.

I figure they're going to make Sersi an asian woman and will race bend if not completely revamp the rest to their heart's desire. It'll be interesting to see what the final form of this looks like and how well it goes.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Fundamentally Marvel want to do something different. Feige has said repeatedly that he wants to mix things up to keep these films interesting for audiences which includes making films out of lesser known properties that explore new things in the MCU.

Mighty Member

I think they might also, in addition to doing something less popular, set the stage for the mutants. The Celestials, before the Aaron retcon, came to Earth for experimentation and created the mutants, deviants, and eternals. Feige might actually be setting the stage for the birth of the mutant race.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I wonder when we can expect the wave of Eternals related comics to be published?
    The movie is rumored for 2020 (production start date 2019) and I HOPE Marvel brings back Hickman to write the comic!

Astonishing Member

I remember more the Eternals from old Avengers stories that had Eternals joining the team as Sersi.So to me the importance of the Eternals was not as important as say the Inhumans but i know little to nothing of the Guardians of the Galaxy before the MCU movie and now i concede the point that Guardians of the Galaxy were a overlooked team of characters of Marvel.So i will be giving the benefit of doubt in regards of the new MCU movie with them and i would not be surprised if i changed my opinion about the Eternals as i had in regards of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Incredible Member

because the MCU only takes inspiration from the comics. Feige has a vision of how he wants to tell his MCU universe. If he sees something he likes about the Eternals he’ll adapt a version that fits his vision of the MCU. He hasn’t done a one to one of anything yet I don’t get what the worry is.