Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    That sounds alright, it will certainly make for a less crowded poll.

Also, I just discovered there's a typography themed Marvel character named Typeface. If I had known that weeks ago my books would be quite different.
    That sounds interesting, one could go some very Morrison-esque ways with that.

Lee, that split would work.

Looking at alternatives, we may be able to brand a quasi-cosmic aka “out of this world” type line between some of these titles:

Old Moon Crone
    Exiles
    Fantastic Four
    Mighty Thor
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Psylocke?
    Defenders?
    ARCANA?

Or possibly a more light hearted selection aka Why So Serious brand...

Another Q:
    I will be using a fictional politician in one of my books but I was wondering for continuity sake, who would you guys like to be AOM New Universe’s in-story President? Or other world leaders for that matter.

Should we go with a Marvel human/mutant character, a meta character, or “real world” options?
    Trump, for better or worse, made it easy to fit in to AOM storylines in the past. While Hank McCoy’s Presidential storyline was a great success as well last go round. Or is this a Universe where Hillary won!?!? While Putin is a ready made comics heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    I agree.

Should we go with a Marvel human/mutant character, a meta character, or “real world” options?
    Trump, for better or worse, made it easy to fit in to AOM storylines in the past. While Hank McCoy’s Presidential storyline was a great success as well last go round. Or is this a Universe where Hillary won!?!? While Putin is a ready made comics heel.
    From experience, I think its easier to go with the real POTUS for continuity's sake (at least initially). It was great fun plotting President McCoy, though sometimes other plotters would forget and have a story with Trump as president. That said, building to 2020 AOM can definitely offer up some of its own candidates (I loved plotting McCoy's campaign).
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Another Q:
    I will be using a fictional politician in one of my books but I was wondering for continuity sake, who would you guys like to be AOM New Universe’s in-story President? Or other world leaders for that matter.

I dislike using real politicians as their reactions will depend on the writer's opinion of them. How would an actual President, Congress, and the Supreme Court act with the Avengers or the Fantastic Four? We can only speculate. I much prefer fictional characters who we can mold into virtuous or villainous figures.

I suspect a 2020 election event may be a distinct possibility.

Default Reward Talk

I have a list of ideas for REWARDS that I will post soon, scouts honor.

But there is one that I want to mention now, see if you guys are on board.
    This should give some incentive, I hope.

I am calling it the “Genesis Reward” or “Reboot Story Reward”

The plotter of the top selling series through 3 issues (so January #1 , February #2 and March #3 solicit cycle) will then get the option to tell the story of how the previous AOM Universe ended, resulting in this NEW UNIVERSE. The winning plotter can tackle this project solo or with a hand picked team and act as plotter and editor for a mini series or crossover that explains how the old U ended and the new U was birthed. Previous AOM Continuity and characters are open to use for this mini-series or x-over.

You guys/gals game with the “Genesis Reward”?

*Note: We’re calling the solicits posted in December the JANUARY issues much like a magazine or comic would solicit books in advance of their newsstand release.

I have my #1 issues ready to be sent. Should I send them to you in the format that they would be published in (with the price, age etc.)?
    Last edited by KC; 11-16-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The plotter of the top selling series through 3 issues (so January #1 , February #2 and March #3 solicit cycle) will then get the option to tell the story of how the previous AOM Universe ended, resulting in this NEW UNIVERSE. The winning plotter can tackle this project solo or with a hand picked team and act as plotter and editor for a mini series or crossover that explains how the old U ended and the new U was birthed. Previous AOM Continuity and characters are open to use for this mini-series or x-over.

*Note: We’re calling the solicits posted in December the JANUARY issues much like a magazine or comic would solicit books in advance of their newsstand release.
    This sounds like a fun reward. I stand in favor of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I have my #1 issues ready to be sent. Should I send them to you in the format that they would be published in (with the price, age etc.)?
    Yep, you got it.
    Looking forward to reading them.

Also be sure to check out the solicitation thread and make your zero month pulls.

Sounds really cool to me. I'm down for it.

As far as Presidents go... I prefer the idea of a 'nameless' President.
    Where it could be anybody.

In action, you could just pick any past President to use (like Washington, Lincoln or Roosevelt), and once the story is written just change all references to him to simply 'Mr. President'. That helps remove any kind of bias, intentional or even subconscious.
    Meanwhile, the President could still be Trump in appearance, or whoever is in office at the time, but they would be written like they were a past President.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Looking at alternatives, we may be able to brand a quasi-cosmic aka “out of this world” type line between some of these titles:

Old Moon Crone
    Exiles
    Fantastic Four
    Mighty Thor
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Psylocke?
    Defenders?
    ARCANA?

Another Q:

Suggestion:
    Senator Kelly becomes President
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I for one will only refer to the Prime Minister of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Howabout:

Avengers
    THE ASTONISHING ANT MAN & WASP
    BLACK PANTHER: KING OF WAKANDA
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    EVERYBODY LOVES HAWK GUY...er, HAWKEYE!
    THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN
    THE MIGHTY THOR
    SENSATIONAL SHE HULK

Knights
    AGENTS OF A.R.C.A.N.A.
    ALIAS INVESTIGATIONS
    BUCKY BARNES: THE LONG, COLD WINTER
    THE DEFENDERS
    THE ENFORCERS
    EXILES
    OLD MOON CRONE

Heroes
    THE FANTASTIC FOUR
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
    MARVEL SWIMSUIT SPECIAL
    THE OTHERWORLDLY PSYLOCKE
    RUNAWAYS
    THE SPECTACULAR WEB WARRIORS
    UNCANNY X-MEN
    That looks pretty solid.

Old Moon Crone
    Exiles
    Fantastic Four
    Mighty Thor
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Psylocke?
    Defenders?
    ARCANA?

Another Q:

I say go start the current president and go from there. We don't have to wait until 2020 if we want to make changes.

That sounds like a good option GH.

Another reward option I want to put out there: The winner gets to have their character(s) as the face of AoM for a month. Promotional posters, their image headlining the next month's solicits, etc.