Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The point scoring sounds good to me. I would suggest a different Marvel based naming system, though.
    Oh, but of course! Something like...

*4 points - “Swapper Supreme” - swap a character, dropping a Marvel character you drafted in exchange for picking up a new one from the unused character pool.
    *6 points - “Hope You Survive the Experience” - get an additional roster spot, allowing you to select one additional Marvel character beyond the 13 character limit to be permanently added to your title.
    *12 points - “Minfinity Gauntlet” - plot an additional 4-issue Miniseries using available characters.
    *12 points - “Worlds Collide” - temporarily draft a non-Marvel/DC character for a maximum of 4 issues.
    *18 points - “I am Amalgam Man” - plot an additional 4 issue miniseries crossover between your AoM book or other available Marvel characters and Next Dawn or another universe.
    *20 points - “All New, All Different” - permanently add a complete third title with up to 13 available characters.
    *20 points - “To me, my Plotters!” - create a highly-promoted “line-wide event” book where plotters of other books have the option of tying in. Limit one per month.
    Last edited by Exciter; 07-14-2019 at 05:21 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    You all check out the rewards system implemented in Next Dawn?

What do you think about implementing a similar reward system in AoM?
    I was going to ask about that myself. I'm on-board.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I was going to ask about that myself. I'm on-board.
    Excellent, seems like most are in favor!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I am all for implementing the DC New Dawn reward system for AOM.

I also assume there will not be a cap for the number of times a reward can be used. For example, if I have 6 points and I use the reward that will give me a new roster spot (putting me back down to 0 points), the next time I have 6 points I can use that reward again.
    Last edited by KC; 07-14-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I agree.
    It makes them see more defined, I think.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post

I also assume there will not be a cap for the number of times a reward can be used. For example, if I have 6 points and I use the reward that will give me a new roster spot (putting me back down to 0 points), the next time I have 6 points I can use that reward again.
    Exactly right! You can keep using the same reward as long as you have points.

Okay, let’s make it official! The new AoM reward system:

Rewards

Rewards are based on a point system! Titles accumulate reward points punchcard style through plotter participation and sales victories!

Points will be awarded monthly to the title itself, e.g., Captain America will have X amount of points - not the plotter of Captain America. You can’t mix and match points either (so if you have two books with 8 points, you can’t combine them to make 16 points). If you cancel a title and replace it with a different title, however, your points from the cancelled title will carry over (so you’re not married to a book if it starts to not work for you).

You will get:
    *1 point for turning your monthly solicitation for the title in on time
    *1 point to each title you plot when you make your monthly purchases
    *2 points for being the highest selling title that month.

So any given title could attain a maximum of 4 points per month. I will endeavor to keep a tally of these points in this very thread after the monthly sales totals are done.

A title’s plotter can cash in its points at any time for any of the following rewards:

*4 points - “Swapper Supreme” - swap a character, dropping a Marvel character you drafted in exchange for picking up a new one from the unused character pool.
    *6 points - “Hope You Survive the Experience” - get an additional roster spot, allowing you to select one additional Marvel character beyond the 13 character limit to be permanently added to your title.
    *12 points - “Minfinity Gauntlet” - plot an additional 4-issue Miniseries using available characters.
    *12 points - “Worlds Collide” - temporarily draft a non-Marvel/DC character for a maximum of 4 issues.
    *18 points - “I am Amalgam Man” - plot an additional 4 issue miniseries crossover between your AoM book or other available Marvel characters and Next Dawn or another universe.
    *20 points - “All New, All Different” - permanently add a complete third title with up to 13 available characters.
    *20 points - “To me, my Plotters!” - create a highly-promoted “line-wide event” book where plotters of other books have the option of tying in. Limit one per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post

Exactly. The rewards are meant to go to the plotter's strengths. Each plotter can use their rewards to their best talents.

Black Panther and Iron Man will be returning to AoM in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Black Panther and Iron Man will be returning to AoM in the near future.
    Fantastic! Tony and T’Challa have been missed!

I'm looking for a few guest-stars/cameos to use as security for a Senatorial debate. Anyone wishing to volunteer a character or more please let me know. Big fight scene, but no one dies. At least no characters that aren't mine! TIA!

I'm looking for a few guest-stars/cameos to use as security for a Senatorial debate. Anyone wishing to volunteer a character or more please let me know. Big fight scene, but no one dies. At least no characters that aren't mine! TIA!
    You can use Rhodey and Bethany Cabe but I expect them to return in one piece and of sound mind!

Sounds like a job for Captain America!

Don’t forget, you accumulate reward points now for getting solicitations in on time! If you don’t submit before the end of the month, you’re leaving points on the table!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

MARVEL SWIMSUIT SPECIAL, and RUNAWAYS are in. After much soul-searching, I decided to call the crossover "SWIM AWAY."
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.