Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Re:Immorta

I think those are all available

You can double check here:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3987115
    This is a mostly accurate list of characters that have been taken already. If they are not on the list then they’d be available. Note: CRaymond bowed out so any characters attached to CRaymond will also be available to use.

We can definitely use some more cosmic energy in this new AOM

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Pazuzu would be proud.
    Pazuzu isn't allowed in the house of Lamashtu!

But then again, it is Christmas.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Pazuzu isn't allowed in the house of Lamashtu!

But then again, it is Christmas.
    Should I feel less intelligent if I need to google these names? At least I think they're names.

On a more serious note, are we free to use an unused (minor, up until the time I turn them into then next Harleypoolverine) character we didn't call in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Should I feel less intelligent if I need to google these names? At least I think they're names.
    Hehe, no. They're Mesopotamian demons frequently used in newer media as evil entities. Lamashtu, and Pazuzu don't particularly like one another.

Truthfully I know them largely from playing the "Pathfinder" RPG as a Cleric. You're probably better off not googling them however. Lamashtu can be pretty gross.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-10-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Hehe, no. They're Mesopotamian demons frequently used in newer media as evil entities. Lamashtu, and Pazuzu don't particularly like one another.
    Truthfully I know them largely from playing the "Pathfinder" RPG as a Cleric. You're probably better off not googling them however. Lamashtu can be pretty gross.
    Pazuzu is also the demon from The Exorcist.
    And I'm playing a void-soul sorcerer in Pathfinder's Strange Aeons!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Pazuzu is also the demon from The Exorcist.
    And I'm playing a void-soul sorcerer in Pathfinder's Strange Aeons!
    I haven't been able to play as a character in years. Once you fall into the pit of being a Game Master, you're trapped. Luckily as much as I love Pathfinder, DnD 5e makes things way easier for running a game.

Yo, GH! Would it be alright if I incorporate Lamashtu into one of my titles later? They're totally public domain.

I haven't been able to play as a character in years. Once you fall into the pit of being a Game Master, you're trapped. Luckily as much as I love Pathfinder, DnD 5e makes things way easier for running a game.
    I DM 5e in RL and online, actually, and that trap is quite real but I've escaped it recently since a former DM has relapsed into trying to kill us again. I'm quite happy about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I DM 5e in RL and online, actually, and that trap is quite real but I've escaped it recently since a former DM has relapsed into trying to kill us again. I'm quite happy about that.
    I was running Two weekly sessions for a while at the office I used to work in. Most of us have been laid off so I'm trying to run a campaign finale tonight while we're all still in the city. The only reason they even started was because all of the other campaigns ran after hours in the office were full up on players. I hope that come Spring time I can get another regular group together, gameshop pick up sessions, and online has never really worked well for me.

Have been wanting to run Starfinder as well, but it's hard to get the 5e crowd to adopt 3.5/PF game design again. With PF2e coming out I hope that'll help things.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-11-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

On a more serious note, are we free to use an unused (minor, up until the time I turn them into then next Harleypoolverine) character we didn't call in the draft?
    Unfortunately no. That is the limitations of the concept and also what makes it a bit more challenging on a creative level. Plotters can use any Marvel characters saved to their roster, can “borrow” upon request saved characters of other titles with permission from their plotter/owner, or create new original characters to fill in the spots desired.

We will have opportunities to add in more Marvel characters in near future but for now we should only be using the ones saved in the draft, and any shared type generic characters we agreed upon (generic Skrull for example)

Public Domain characters are ok to use, yep, they are basically free properties to use, equivalent to an originally created character in this case you can give them an AOM spin.

I am happy to catalogue AOM original characters on this thread if anyone is interested.
    If so, send me brief details on your creation and what book(s) they are associated with.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Public Domain characters are ok to use, yep, they are basically free properties to use, equivalent to an originally created character in this case you can give them an AOM spin.
    Must have missed this, happy as a clam. I don't know how I'll work Lamashtu into things, but having permission to do so fills me with delight.

Hey Bullpen,

Just an early reminder to do your best to get your second issue solicits in by the end of month, also end of year in this case. This is a super busy time with finishing up work or school projects and the holidays and vacations and “breaks” and maybe travel and entertaining and blowing our bank accounts and putting together toys and playing with our new toys and football and Oscar season selections mixed with December blockbusters and Ralphie, Elf and the Griswalds on loop, and eggnog and parties and yadda yadda

But don’t forget your AOM stories so you can be sure to qualify for snazzy rewards....there may be a special one in the stocking this year....hmmmmmm

MARVEL SWIMSUIT SPECIAL, and RUNAWAYS are in for January 2019.

Cap & Thor in as well.

Hopefully you all have a merry Yule and Odin flies to your homes on his eight-legged steed to leave gifts in your boots!
    Last edited by Exciter; 12-19-2018 at 09:02 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Hello Web-Heads! The Web Warriors are reporting for duty!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Cap & Thor in as well.

Hopefully you all have a merry Yule and Odin flies to your homes on his eight-legged steed to leave gifts in your boots!

I looked up eight-legged reindeer and now I won't sleep tonight.