Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

We are producing our special "Smart Girls" variant for Old Moon Crone number zero. Special photo cover of Katherine Johnson to whom this series is dedicated.

OldMoonCrone0Var.jpg

Very nice, CG! Looking forward to the book.

And as mentioned earlier... I'm now going to reveal the promo images for the Defenders and the Enforcers ongoing titles...

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Very nice, CG! Looking forward to the book.
    There are people here [I blame you, by the way ] who are creating stuff that challenges us to try and match their artistic talent and creativity. Your work has been incredible and inspiring to see. Thanks for the effort and for posting it.

Honestly my favorite part of this whole thing so far is seeing Lee's art. Incredible and inspiring really are the right words to describe it. I like yours too, CaptCleghorn! I can't wait to see what all three of these titles have to offer.

Thanks to both of you!

I began doing these back when I joined the DC version of Age of Marvels with my Golden Age/Pulp Noir Secret Six and JLI Superfriends books.
    And it's been kind of an addiction since then. Lol.

I'm honored to be part of the relaunch here and I'm excited to see what everyone has planned.
    Lots of great books and ideas so far.

Great work on the promos Lee! Keep 'em coming!

Also a big shout out to Global for getting the ball rolling again on AoM. Some new and familiar faces are on board and it feels exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Great work on the promos Lee! Keep 'em coming!

Also a big shout out to Global for getting the ball rolling again on AoM. Some new and familiar faces are on board and it feels exciting.
    Indeed, Global's a huge motivator and his work in setting up structure and support has been awesome.

Here's the cover to the new Fantastic Four. I hope no one is disturbed by the "world's greatest comci magazine" quote, but I wanted a mix of classic and new here.

FF0issueCover.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Here's the cover to the new Fantastic Four. I hope no one is disturbed by the "world's greatest comci magazine" quote, but I wanted a mix of classic and new here.

FF0issueCover.jpg
    It's not the FF without that quote. Classic!
    Looks... 'fantastic'!

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

I aim to get an intro written up and posted this week.

Remember that Zero Issues will be solicited on Nov. 15th so be sure to PM them to me before then.

The general format is

TITLE NAME #
    Written by WRITER
    Plot by PLOTTER
    Art by ARTIST
    “Name of this Issue”
    Solicit Body
    32 PGs./ Rated ?...$3.99

I think we capped the zero issues at 20 PGs unless you are doing a double issue and they are FREE

Then get your #1 issues in by end of the month so we can hopefully have a full line of #1s solicited on Dec 1st

How long should these be? I have enough to get an idea of what the story is, but not really going into any detail like a real solicit. Can I put more detail into them or should they be realistic?
    Last edited by VGCinema; 10-31-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VGCinema View Post
    How long should these be? I have enough to get an idea of what the story is, but not really going into any detail like a real solicit. Can I put more detail into them or should they be realistic?
    You can add more detail than a regular “real world” solicit.
    Sometimes that is needed. Sometimes succinct is sweeter.
    Check out some past solicits to get an idea and play around with it to figure out what works best for you.

The first page of this thread has links to AOM solicits that came before.

Personally I am guilty of being wordier than needed at times. I struggle to keep it contained. Kill your darlings as they say. Never been good at that.

Speaking of which, I just finished my Hawkeye zero Issue solicit that will introduce our favorite purple clad hero to his new stomping grounds.

And I have already received other #0s from Marv, Bane and Exciter. Looking good gang!
    Remember to PM me your #0s before Nov 15th if you want to be included in zero month. It isn’t mandatory, but still should be a fun pre-entry to the New Universe.

While our January 2019 solicits of #1 issues need to be turned in before December 1st.
    When they are ready, simply PM them to yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    You can add more detail than a regular “real world” solicit.
    Sometimes that is needed. Sometimes succinct is sweeter.
    Check out some past solicits to get an idea and play around with it to figure out what works best for you.

The first page of this thread has links to AOM solicits that came before.
    Okay, awesome. Thanks.

My zero issue solicits are going to be longer and more detailed than future issues in order to properly set the tone and ID differences between AOM:NU and other interpretations. I may go to the trouble of using complete sentences and spelling words correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    My zero issue solicits are going to be longer and more detailed than future issues in order to properly set the tone and ID differences between AOM:NU and other interpretations. I may go to the trouble of using complete sentences and spelling words correctly.
    What!? What!? What!?

Makes sense to me CC, looking forward to seeing the new set up....and those crazy complete sentences.