Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    I agree. I thought it obvious that everyone in the Batfamily was an Olympic level gymnast, at minimum, so that description doesn't both me. (For that matter, all of them are better than Olympic athletes; have you ever seen an Olympian pull off half the stunts any Robin can do effortlessly?) Dick, Cassandra, Barbara, Damian and basically everyone, are all still above Tim when it comes to gymnastics. At least, Tom King ranked him dead last in hand-to-hand combat.
    Tim was an Olympic level gymnast before he even became Robin in the new 52. Thought it was obvious that this was what I didn’t like. Prefer his previous origin where it took training with Batman to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Tim was an Olympic level gymnast before he even became Robin in the new 52. Thought it was obvious that this was what I didn’t like. Prefer his previous origin where it took training with Batman to achieve that.
    Ok sorry, from context, it looked like you were just disliking it when people called him an Olympic-level athlete, which seemed strange to me. I wasn't aware an attempt to retcon his usual origin had been made during the New 52 (I literally just read Robin War for the first time yesterday, so I literally just found out that Lobdell tried to retcon his name for some inscrutable reason.). I understand your complaint now.

My apologies for the error, clearly I still have a lot of back-issues to catch up on.
    Last edited by Jared S; 12-17-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared S View Post
    Ok sorry, from context, it looked like you were just disliking it when people called him an Olympic-level athlete, which seemed strange to me. I wasn't aware an attempt to retcon his usual origin had been made during the New 52 (I literally just read Robin War for the first time yesterday, so I literally just found out that Lobdell tried to retcon his name for some inscrutable reason.). I understand your complaint now.

My apologies for the error, clearly I still have a lot of back-issues to catch up on.

Yeah, no worries. My retort held more bite than need be, so apologies for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    And its obvious that everyone in the Batfamily is a detective, but anytime Dick or Jason have a thought its how dare they. Tim's the detective. Thats what they get for playing up general traits they all share by default.
    That's not entirely true. Each show their strengths, even their shared ones. For example it was Dick who was the one to uncover Mother's location in B-R Eternal, not Tim. In fact, Dick was the superior detective throughout that entire story, while Tim's strength was more in the tech department. Jason I feel was the one whose strengths didn't get highlighted, and Damian showed up late, so that was understandable we didn't get much out of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    That's not entirely true. Each show their strengths, even their shared ones. For example it was Dick who was the one to uncover Mother's location in B-R Eternal, not Tim. In fact, Dick was the superior detective throughout that entire story, while Tim's strength was more in the tech department. Jason I feel was the one whose strengths didn't get highlighted, and Damian showed up late, so that was understandable we didn't get much out of him.
    The trouble with BR Eternal was that Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian were only side characters and we really didn't get that much of them interacting together. I would have them all be "first among equals". They would ALL be highly intelligent and extreme athletes. I'd go more for subtle differences that didn't detract from the others. Dick has the longest time in grade and the most experience, protective by nature, a charismatic natural leader. Jason is willing to do things the others aren't; he has his own ideas about what Justice means and sometimes he thinks the others are being wussies. Tim is a techie nerd, more the type to be "in the rear with the gear"; Damian is the little kid trying to grow up into some mighty big boots. These are good qualities and make contrasts a little more interesting and pleasantly than absolute black-and-white: "Dick is the Dumb Jock. Jason is the Dumb One Who Kills. Tim the Super-Genius with a Computer Brain. Damian is a Dumb Brat."