Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Considering Bruce didn't break after Tim's death and had Batwoman to remind him that the group was their for him and that he shouldn't pull away, I would consider that a successful support system. To say that the Tec team didn't or never acted as support for Batman is pushing it. The support system of course didn't last long. It was never going to be permanent, this is comic.
    It’s not pushing it. The Tec’ team blamed Batman, and members even turned on him. It was a terrible support system for Batman if that’s what it was suppose to be.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-07-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    :

It’s not pushing it. The Tec’ team blamed Batman, and members even turned on him. It was a terrible support system for Batman if that’s what it was suppose to be.
    A terrible support system towards the end sure but you can't say that Tec's team never acted as one for Batman. That's all I was trying for you to admit.
    Last edited by Flashback; 12-08-2018 at 12:42 AM.

He was a kid when he thought that (looks to be 11 or 12ish), the whole "it has to be Robin" idea. He grew up and realize that was wrong or limited hence the team. Each member was chosen by both of them, most of them have a history with Batman or Robin.
    Agree he was a kid. He grew up and realised he was wrong and he did it wrong again. Hopefully he has now learnt that Batman had a support system up and working years before he arrived on the scene. On that he trusts and has a LONG history with.

A terrible support system towards the end sure but you can't say that Tec's team never acted as one for Batman. That's all I was trying for you to admit.
    If they were a terrible support system for Batman, because they didn't actually support Batman, and instead would consistently blame him and some members even turned on him. I can say that the Tec' team did not act as a support system for Batman. Regardless if the intent was for them to be a support system for Batman, its not what its members actually did. So therefor the Tec' team did not act as a support system for Batman.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-08-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Wasn't Tec supposed to be Tim's Batman Inc or something? Except way less cohesive despite being only in one city.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Wasn't Tec supposed to be Tim's Batman Inc or something? Except way less cohesive despite being only in one city.
    Detective was essentially a Red Robin solo book. Just with some classier secondary characters such as Batman and Batwoman (which is somewhat more “sanitary” than Ric Grayson’s current cadre of back alley pals. Only The Best for Timmy! The other minor being a support system for Batman, they would be more considered to be logistical rather than emotional support.

BANNED

Dick is outgoing and usually cheerful. Everyone likes Dick, and he has leader qualities, he's the acrobat, best ninja among Robins but not a very good detective. Jason is angry, his anger gets the best of him and he's not the brightest of Robins... lol don't get me wrong, he's not retarded or anything, just awerage intellegence, great fighter but not a very good detective, he has the best muscle strength but not as skillful martial artist as Dick. Tim is the smartest of Robins, computer genious and best detective, good tatician but he's the worst fighter among Robins. Damian has a giant ego, very good ninja, he will be as good as Dick when grows up, he doesn't need any fighting training, just needs to add some meat to the bone and that will happen when he grows up but he still needs some training about being a detective, he has great potential to be good detective when he grows up, smart kid. His ego mostly comes from being a skillful fighter at such a young age, but there is always someone better, life and Batman will teach him these.
    Last edited by Gurz; 12-08-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Detective was essentially a Red Robin solo book. Just with some classier secondary characters such as Batman and Batwoman (which is somewhat more “sanitary” than Ric Grayson’s current cadre of back alley pals. Only The Best for Timmy! The other minor being a support system for Batman, they would be more considered to be logistical rather than emotional support.
    Detective was much more a Batwoman book than a Red Robin one. Tim was written out of the book two arcs in and didn't even return until near the end of Tynion's run. Even the arc Tim "died" in was Batwoman-centric as it was about her and her father.

It makes sense, as they did spin the Batwoman solo from it, but Detective was far from being centered around Tim, much less treating Batwoman as "secondary."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Dick is outgoing and usually cheerful. Everyone likes Dick, and he has leader qualities, he's the acrobat, best ninja among Robins but not a very good detective. Jason is angry, his anger gets the best of him and he's not the brightest of Robins... lol don't get me wrong, he's not retarded or anything, just awerage intellegence, great fighter but not a very good detective, he has the best muscle strength but not as skillful martial artist as Dick. Tim is the smartest of Robins, computer genious and best detective, good tatician but he's the worst fighter among Robins. Damian has a giant ego, very good ninja, he will be as good as Dick when grows up, he doesn't need any fighting training, just needs to add some meat to the bone and that will happen when he grows up but he still needs some training about being a detective, he has great potential to be good detective when he grows up, smart kid. His ego mostly comes from being a skillful fighter at such a young age, but there is always someone better, life and Batman will teach him these.
    I've seen little evidence that Dick is not a good detective--or that Jason is of "average" intelligence. They couldn't survive if they weren't top flight. I've seen them both using computers and doing techie stuff. DC tried to develop Tim's character a bit in his own series, but now there's so little effort at it now that it's become a joke: His IQ--seemingly already well above 50,000 (while Dick and Jason are each about 62)--is jacked up at every opportunity. And this Bat version of a Mary Sue's birthday party hasn't even gotten STARTED yet--just give it a few weeks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Jason is angry, his anger gets the best of him and he's not the brightest of Robins... lol don't get me wrong, he's not retarded or anything, just awerage intellegence, great fighter but not a very good detective, he has the best muscle strength but not as skillful martial artist as Dick.
    I also don't really see much of a proof form not beeing as skill full as a martial artist, Dick is a better acrobat, but when it comes to martial arts I don't think that there is much of a difference.

And while Dick and Jason are both quite intelligent and pretty good detectives, just not as good as Tim. They maybe "average" within the Batfamily, but they are still among the best detectives in the DCU.
    Last edited by Aahz; 12-09-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I also don't really see much of a proof form not beeing as skill full as a martial artist, Dick is a better acrobat, but when it comes to martial arts I don't think that there is much of a difference.

And while Dick and Jason are both quite intelligent and pretty good detectives, just not as good as Tim. They maybe "average" within the Batfamily, but they are still among the best detectives in the DCU.
    I'll never stop repeating that, by how Jason put Bruce in a very hard place in Under the Hood, I would give him and his intelligence, and his skills as strategist and his tactics, at least some deserved respect (and credit), hey. I know you know, Aahz (I'm just quoting you because you0ve been the latest to post about this matter), but some others are too deep into the damn "brute brawn no brains street kid", which he's not. He's even well cultured, damn it. I hate when people go for the typical stereotype with characters so juicy and complex. It's reducing and interesting story with a lot of potential to a one note sheet.

All Robins are smart, all of them (Steph included), and know how to put their brains to good use. They just have different strengths that sometimes are overlapping and some others are complementary.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Spectacular Member

Clearly alot of people on the thread haven't read alot of Tim Drake stuff (That, or they're intentionally/disingenuously painting him to be a one-dimensional bore).

To those of you that gripe, I get it though. Alot of us felt the same way with the introduction of Damian: it really felt like Morrison was derailing Tim's momentum with his pet project at the time. But he's rebounded quite well, and not really at the expense of anyone regardless of what you may think.

Creatively, I don't like everything that's being done with all the Robins. But they're all getting exposure separately from one another, and that's a good thing. If anyone should be complaining, it's fans of Dick (myself included), whose status quo is the perennial punching bag of Didio & Co.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    Clearly alot of people on the thread haven't read alot of Tim Drake stuff (That, or they're intentionally/disingenuously painting him to be a one-dimensional bore).

To those of you that gripe, I get it though. Alot of us felt the same way with the introduction of Damian: it really felt like Morrison was derailing Tim's momentum with his pet project at the time. But he's rebounded quite well, and not really at the expense of anyone regardless of what you may think.

Creatively, I don't like everything that's being done with all the Robins. But they're all getting exposure separately from one another, and that's a good thing. If anyone should be complaining, it's fans of Dick (myself included), whose status quo is the perennial punching bag of Didio & Co.
    Damian is a far more interesting ad compelling character than Timmy Wimmy, IMHO. Unfortunately, he isn't protected by DC's guarantee of eternal glory and neither are Dick and Jason. Publisher's Perennial Punching Bag Dick is getting the worst of it, and it grieves me--I don't think it's even getting started yet; it feels like it's going to go on for a long time to come. Nightwing fans are in for an enduring famine this season, and Darlin' Dan is tossing in a side of the plague because he loves us so much.

Jason has shown his tactical capabilities time and time again. Does his anger sometimes get the better of him? Yeah. But the same can be said of near everyone in the Bat family. Jason can be just as stealthy and ninja-like as anyone else. He just prefers to blow things up. Plus, with his own world training under his belt, Jason can give as good as he gets with a lot of people. He's not as agile or "perky" as Dick. He's not as tech savvy as Tim. And he's not the little snot that Damian can be (not saying its a bad thing, when written properly). But he does have his own niche.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason has shown his tactical capabilities time and time again. Does his anger sometimes get the better of him? Yeah. But the same can be said of near everyone in the Bat family. Jason can be just as stealthy and ninja-like as anyone else. He just prefers to blow things up. Plus, with his own world training under his belt, Jason can give as good as he gets with a lot of people. He's not as agile or "perky" as Dick. He's not as tech savvy as Tim. And he's not the little snot that Damian can be (not saying its a bad thing, when written properly). But he does have his own niche.
    I would agree wholeheartedly. Dick usually seems overdosed on Prozac, Damian needs more Prozac, and Tim is so far beyond human that he's less relatable than Superman. I believe THAT is Jason's niche. Dick is the child of light, Damian the child of darkness, Jason is the child of darkness who is seeking the light that is constantly denied to him. It's one of the reasons I love Jason so much.