Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    They're something alright, as are deer. But I left the rectangles ages ago for the land of two seasons: cold and dark or warm and light, give or take a couple dozen degrees or more. Although I still have cows in my neighborhood, I also have sled dogs, reindeer, and the second most formidable of ruminates, the mighty moose. To me, moose are the samurai or lords of old because everyone yields to them and averts their gaze in order to avoid the moose's wrath. That's especially true if they decide to stroll into residences or stores and start grazing the on the salad and other products.

They're scary yet delicious when young and tender or shot properly before they get really rutty.

So I'm not the best judge of pronghorns anymore. However, I can say that reindeer and caribou are incapable of stealth. They click when they walk. Since Christmas is coming, I am obligated to remind everyone that Sven from Frozen along with all of Santa's reindeer are female. You can tell by the antlers and the fact that none of them have tried to gore or trample anyone.

That Damian doesn't have a reindeer isn't a surprise, Gotham is too hot for reindeer. They start suffering from heat stress at +60F and die when the temperature gets much higher. Conversely, they don't start shivering until -70F.
    Wouldn't it be cool enough down in the Bat-Cave?

Batcow pg 5

Considering that red breeds of cattle tend to be as long lived as horses and cats, it's worrisome that all the ten years from now futures shown have her missing. Very worrisome.

Duke lived with Bruce for over a year and didn't realize there was a cow until Dick and Jason mentioned her. Considering that, there's a very good chance that Selina almost married Bruce without ever being told he had a cow or being introduced to said cow. Unless canon shows otherwise, previously established canon supports that Bruce failed to mention his crime fighting bovine.

Like her boy, she is prone to randomly taking off to do her own thing and neglecting to tell people about it.

Outside of King's Batman, it has been shown that Batcow makes Bruce happy.

And why wouldn't she? Batcow is sheer delight. She makes everyone happy. Unless they're criminals.

Alfred the Cat and Titus have Damian's back regardless of if he's being a jerk. Batcow? She's a "Talk sh*t you deserve to get h*t" sort of animal.

Goliath and she have come to an agreement. Despite his predilection for eating cows, he appears to have a great deal of respect for her.

Let us appreciate the fact that both Goliath and the dragon, two massive predators who are known for eating cattle, appear to respect Batcow and enjoy her company.

She appears to have lived in California during the period that Bruce lost the manor.

Wayne Industries has a dairy division. It didn't appear to do well when the Powers were in charge. Needed new signs and fences at the very least.
    I'm pretty sure Goliath eats fish and Ramen not cows.

Bat-Cow is a Master of Stealth that's the only explanation for Duke and Selina not seeing or smelling Bat-Cow in the cave.

Enjoyed your write ups.
    Damian has the best pets.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-12-2018 at 01:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Bat-Cow is a Master of Stealth that's the only explanation for Duke and Selina not seeing or smelling Bat-Cow in the cave.

Enjoyed your write ups.
    Bat cow can even use her telekinesis to silence her cowbell as she glides in upon her hapless prey. With zillions of bats living in the Cave, it’s got to be mighty stinky unless Bruce has designed the worlds best air filtration system.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Enjoyed your write ups.
    Goliath being a ravenous omnivore was one of the running background jokes of Robin: Son of Batman. The very first page has Abush complaining that Goliath ate almost an entire herd of cows and was caught because of his food coma. Then he ate a bird two pages later.

He'll eat anything. He's like several species of bats that way: if they can figure out how to eat it and still fly, they're going to eat it. I suspect Damian's threats to let Goliath eat people aren't entirely hyperbole. Given how humans are one of the most common species of mammals on the planet, I would be shocked if Ra's and Talia hadn't fed Goliath people. It's cheap and easy protein, if not exactly very nutritious or calorie efficient.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool enough down in the Bat-Cave?
    Yes and no. Reindeer are semi domesticated at best. We've bred out the instinct to be in constant motion that caribou have, however, if a reindeer meets a caribou it ceases to be a reindeer and becomes a fat and tasty caribou. This was a massive problem during the 90s up in Alaska on the Seaward peninsula for the reindeer herders.

Even for the indigenous Arctic peoples in Europe and Asia who've been herding reindeer for thousands of years, they aren't like cows, goats, horses, llamas, alpacas, or even yaks. They don't do well inside, and as Arctic animals, their endocrine systems are driven by light conditions. Males start growing antlers based on dominance, nutrition, and hours of daylight as do the yearling and non pregnant females. (Pregnant females drop their antlers three days after calving. The new buds appear that same week. Any animal who isn't pregnant will drop antlers by or before winter solstice based on dominance.) They don't do very well in lower latitudes even when provided with air conditioning, and they really don't do well in enclosed spaces. Reindeer tend to freak out over being in barns and trailers, you have to start handling them within days of birth and conditioning them to those if they are to every travel safely.

They also think -10 to -20F are the best temperatures, but for foraging and fat production, between 10-50F are best. Temperant bats select caves for hibernation that hover around 40F, much colder than 30F and they die of hypothermia. So the cave would not be ideal at all for a reindeer climate wise, and even the calmest, most docile of reindeer would find the regular smell of blood, the other animals including the bats, and the regular influx of people stressful. Damian's many things, but he's explicitly not a sadist. He wouldn't torture an animal like that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just color me surprised to see someone else that's from Wyoming on here, even if you did move.
    Actually I'm from SD. I just was shook down for my lunch but an unexpected herd of cows in Wyoming. Western SD has all those hills and valleys that cows suddenly appear out of, but I wasn't expecting it outside of Gillete. I suspect my brother-in-law's friends had something to do with the magical appearance of twenty cows during my practicing for a range survey competition. That and all bovines are ninjas in the very traditional sense of you don't notice them until it's too late and there's a nose in your back.

Actually I'm from SD. I just was shook down for my lunch but an unexpected herd of cows in Wyoming. Western SD has all those hills and valleys that cows suddenly appear out of, but I wasn't expecting it outside of Gillete. I suspect my brother-in-law's friends had something to do with the magical appearance of twenty cows during my practicing for a range survey competition. That and all bovines are ninjas in the very traditional sense of you don't notice them until it's too late and there's a nose in your back.
    Ah. Close enough.

But them cow ninjas, well, there's a reason why BatCow can even avoid Batman in his own cave.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ah. Close enough.

But them cow ninjas, well, there's a reason why BatCow can even avoid Batman in his own cave.
    I don't blame her. Compared to BarCow, Bruce's conversation is plodding and he's just plain boring. No wonder she does moon laps.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I don't blame her. Compared to BarCow, Bruce's conversation is plodding and he's just plain boring. No wonder she does moon laps.
    Sad but true. Batcow has more emotional depth than Bruce, and a healthier approach to relationships. It's no wonder all the pets, the Robins, Batgirls current and potential, Alfred, Superman, and Cyborg would rather spend time with her than Bruce. She has a greater range as a conversationalist and a person. Batcow never asks if she is good enough, she knows she's better than good enough.

I also feel no shame in the fact that a Robin thread has been hijacked by Batcow.

I do feel immense disappointment that she's not out there in Appletown with Jason. Or off hanging out with Tim and Stephanie, watching sunrises and eating waffles. Trolling Dick... I mean Ric. Working behind the scenes to stop Bane.

It won't happen, but King's Batman needs the twist of Batman finding Bane. Broken. Batcow standing atop him. Glaring at him, then at the Batbuger takeout bag, then him. A flock of robins on her shoulder tweeting at him. It's the twist we deserve, the twist we need.

BANNED

Sad but true. Batcow has more emotional depth than Bruce, and a healthier approach to relationships. It's no wonder all the pets, the Robins, Batgirls current and potential, Alfred, Superman, and Cyborg would rather spend time with her than Bruce. She has a greater range as a conversationalist and a person. Batcow never asks if she is good enough, she knows she's better than good enough.

I also feel no shame in the fact that a Robin thread has been hijacked by Batcow.

I do feel immense disappointment that she's not out there in Appletown with Jason. Or off hanging out with Tim and Stephanie, watching sunrises and eating waffles. Trolling Dick... I mean Ric. Working behind the scenes to stop Bane.

It won't happen, but King's Batman needs the twist of Batman finding Bane. Broken. Batcow standing atop him. Glaring at him, then at the Batbuger takeout bag, then him. A flock of robins on her shoulder tweeting at him. It's the twist we deserve, the twist we need.
    I would rather hang out with Bat-Cow than Bruce. He is emotionally stunted and mentally wacky. He doesn't appreciate his family. He'd rather go whomp on bad guys than form a serious relationship with a woman. Other men don't like being around him because he can't just "be a guy" and watch football and play poker on Saturday nights. Frankly, he's a drip. Bat-Cow is smart, sassy, and fun to be around. She's not hung up on past baggage and you can cry on her shoulder without being called a wimp or worse, "chum." She faces down bad dudes like Kalibak and has no fear. Bat-Cow Gets It Done without Bruce's histrionics. She is far more worthy of The Cowl than he is.

Fantastic Member

Man i could talk about Dick and Jason and their relationship with Bruce all day. I cant say these are accurate but i can see from Bruce's perspective more than either of them. Will add more when i have time.

Now with Dick. Because he has been there the longest and in the time when Bruce was still figuring out the missions of Batman, so his relationship is a bit more special. Dick is a superhero fanboy, he loves the kinds who does good, and HE loves doing good too and much more willing to sacrfiicing himself without pay than Idealistic but still rich spoiled boy Bruce back then. At the same time he can be emotional, reckless and very impressionable so he needs guidance. So i can see young Bruce trying to be a good hero and good dad to teach him and one part sort of impress him, and THAT made Batman the hero. And Dick admired him but some times doesnt see things his way and doesn't understand his effort ("the boy wasn't even listening! Dont ignore me Dick!" "EXcuse you Dick, I took care of that!" and that one time he dreams and dream!Dick says he sucks and he was like "the unconscious is dangerous" lol and all three of these was Post crisis)

Anytime Dick would always give him a motivation, push him to be a better Batman. One of the scenes i remember is Dick thinking AU baby Bruce who never lost parents is a spoiled rotten brat when the world needs Batman and Bruce thinking more for the boy's feelings. Being Batman though, made him alienate Dick and it took years for Dick to come to understand that Bruce needs the distance. In short i think since Dick is so different from Bruce in personality and in loss to (he lost not only parents but his culture and his name) it was "difficult for me to be around Dick" . They have problems communicating because Dick clicks with more emotional awareness than Bruce can have. Also there's a certain guilt and fear when he look at Dick, that he always pushes him away, and failed him somehow ("Were the early years good for you?") and jealousy too because Dick is better than him . He boxed all these up into Batman, made Batman more effective. That's how Dick is Robin. On the flipped side, Dick is not someone Bruce would have liked if he was not Batman, and same to Dick, in life choices, personality and attiude. Their relationship is built on time, trust and competence, and last but not least, disregard of personal selfish needs from both sides. (Bruce has to put up with chattering and try to do good things for people who dont need it, Dick has to try to smile always)

Fantastic Member

Now Jason. Since he's born Gothamite he looks at Bruce different than Dick who has no resemblance to Bruce and who's closer to Batman. He's Gothamite and also doesn't give a **** about Batman's code, he's 1. Can teach Bruce plenty ("This boy is more mature than both of us." ) 2. closer to Bruce the man, the man who lost his family and sense of comfort. He brings Bruce that and Bruce actually get along with him better than Dick. While Bruce HAS TO try to be a hero and all macho for Dick and others by not talking to them at all, Jason is the one he can laugh with and say things like "Why do you think there's something cool about me? I dress up as a bat!" to. This 1. made Dick and others took a step back because Jason is THE son, but at the same time 2. Is counteractive to the ideals of Batman, because Bruce allowed himself to be Bruce and nornal and selfish. This is why when Bruce says Jason is the "bad Robin" or "failure" i don't think hes supposed to mean Jason is a bad person, but rather the mantle itself. Jason's existence and Bruce's connection with him is as Bruce, not Batman. Robin helps Batman and his ideals, Jason doesn't ; he shouldnt have been dragged into Batman's missions, he's not Robin, he is his SON, Bruce Wayne's son, and not only Bruce feels that but Jason wanted him only to be his dad too, so he's like ????? when Bruce is too into Batman and this ideal of Robin and neglect him from time to time.

Fast forward to UTRH event. Now Bruce is already lost himself to Batman, his son come back and no longer that hopeful boy he loved and learned from and wanted to help, but killed people. Now Bruce is feeling torn because he cant explain to jason that "Lol son i love you but if i allow myself to be selfish i'm not batman, also you have gone off the deep end and a criminal k bye"

How does Dick fit into this ? Because jason becomes a part of him, a selfish part that isnt batman that he doesnt even dare to let Dick know, he lashed out at Dick when Dick accused him and showed jealousy towards Jason. Post Jason death, Bruce feel not only failure but accused by Dick too, that he failed to be a hero and father. And being Bruce, he hold everything inside and get defensive instead admiting his mistakes and this caused further rift between him and Dick and everyone. And since Dick basically raised Bruce and formed his no kill no gun rule, his presence, or Bruce's IDEA about him is too big for Jason (not in the "he wanted me to dye my hair to be you" creepy Morrison way but in a "Robin is so good you should have seen he help me kick ass because youre right i kinda suck" way) So this feeds into Jason's perception that Dick can do no wrong and Bruce loved Dick and Tim more than him, which is wrong. Dick is Robin to Batman. Jason is THE son. In my mind, giving up to Jason aka himself would betray Dick and everything Batman stands for. In a way, he can't have both Dick and Jason, that's why the loss is too painful for him to even face.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 11-22-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Now Jason. Since he's born Gothamite he looks at Bruce different than Dick who has no resemblance to Bruce and who's closer to Batman. He's Gothamite and also doesn't give a **** about Batman's code, he's 1. Can teach Bruce plenty ("This boy is more mature than both of us." ) 2. closer to Bruce the man, the man who lost his family and sense of comfort. He brings Bruce that and Bruce actually get along with him better than Dick. While Bruce HAS TO try to be a hero and all macho for Dick and others by not talking to them at all, Jason is the one he can laugh with and say things like "Why do you think there's something cool about me? I dress up as a bat!" to. This 1. made Dick and others took a step back because Jason is THE son, but at the same time 2. Is counteractive to the ideals of Batman, because Bruce allowed himself to be Bruce and nornal and selfish. This is why when Bruce says Jason is the "bad Robin" or "failure" i don't think hes supposed to mean Jason is a bad person, but rather the mantle itself. Jason's existence and Bruce's connection with him is as Bruce, not Batman. Robin helps Batman and his ideals, Jason doesn't ; he shouldnt have been dragged into Batman's missions, he's not Robin, he is his SON, Bruce Wayne's son, and not only Bruce feels that but Jason's too, so he's like ????? when Bruce is too into Batman and this ideal of Robin and neglect him from time to time.

Fast forward to UTRH event. Now Bruce is already lost himself to Batman, his son come back and no longer that hopeful boy he loved and learned from and wanted to help, but killed people. Now Bruce is feeling torn because he cant explain to jason that "Lol son i love you but if i allow myself to be selfish i'm not batman, also you have gone off the deep end and a criminal and doesn't understand **** about me k bye"

How does Dick fit into this ? Because jason becomes a part of him, a selfish part that isnt batman that he doesnt even dare to let Dick know, he lashed out at Dick when Dick accused him and showed jealousy towards Jason. Post Jason death, Bruce feel not only failure but accused by Dick too, that he failed to be a hero and father. And being Bruce, he hold everything inside and get defensive instead admiting his mistakes and this caused further rift between him and Dick and everyone. And since Dick basically raised Bruce and formed his no kill no gun rule, his presence, or Bruce's IDEA about him is too big for Jason (not in the "he wanted me to dye my hair to be you" creepy Morrison way but in a "Robin is so good you should have seen he help me kick ass because youre right i kinda suck" way) So this feeds into Jason's perception that Dick can do no wrong and Bruce loved Dick and Tim more than him, which is wrong. Dick is Robin to Batman. Jason is THE son. In my mind, giving up to Jason aka himself would betray Dick and everything Batman stands for. In a way, he can't have both Dick and Jason, that's why the loss is too painful for him to even face.
    Bruce outrightly admitted to Dick he took Jason in because he missed him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onthetrapeze View Post
    Bruce outrightly admitted to Dick he took Jason in because he missed him.

Yes he's lonely but i think saying "Bruce missed the idea of Dick so he formed Jason to be Dick" is creepy. I just understand that as "he missed having a son, a family" In all honestly , Bruce didn't NEED to bring Jason home. Jason the street rat is like any poor kid he helped and praised for bravery in Gotham, and he's lonely so he brings him home. At that time he's didn't even consider Jason being Robin just his son. But then he started to see how he needed Robin and talked too much about Robin in front of eager and full of egge jason. So the idea come from that, not because Jason is like Dick

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Yes he's lonely but i think saying "Bruce missed the idea of Dick so he formed Jason to be Dick" is creepy. I just understand that as "he missed having a son, a family" In all honestly , Bruce didn't NEED to bring Jason home. Jason the street rat is like any poor kid he helped and praised for bravery in Gotham, and he's lonely so he brings him home. At that time he's didn't even consider Jason being Robin just his son. But then he started to see how he needed Robin and talked too much about Robin in front of eager and full of egge jason. So the idea come from that, not because Jason is like Dick
    There are a lot of comics suggest that he casted Dick's shadow on Jason. But since you've refused to admit it because it's “creepy”,never mind.