Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I learned so much about cows today. Like, for instance, how most cows are ninja, which explains so much in my life, personally.

Fantastic Member

Batcow pg 4

Fandom swears it's Damian who trained Alfred Purryworth and Batcow. It was Alfred the Human. Damian only had Batcow a few days and Purryworth a few hours before he died. However, that short time had to have been amazing considering how devoted they were to him and how intensely they grieved him.

She has a tendency to graze Batsignals into fields.

After Damian's return from the dead she, along with Titus and Alfred, no longer wears clothes.

She judges Batman. To his face. He's told her to shut up and been ignored.

Fun fact: poison ivy does not affect cows. They can graze it. Its presence does not decrease the value of rangeland as it decreases under grazing pressure, and provides food and shelter to grouse and other upland game birds.

Not that Pamela Iseley is a real botanist or has literally any grasp of ecology and plant science (she's maybe an agronomist or agrochemist, but seriously doesn't seem to have any grasp of plant science developments from the last twenty years) but it would be interesting to see their interactions. Batcow is also a natural fit for a Harley Quinn story.

Considering how happy Bruce was to keep her and hang out with her, it is safe to assume he's been wanting a cow for years but didn't know how to justify having one.

We have never seen her behave aggressively. She's always calm and in control.

As mentioned previously, she was an heifer when Damian rescued her. So why was she in that slaughterhouse? No one butchers a heifer, and cows are only sent to the butcher after she's had calves and started slowing down, if she's a bad mother, or she's aggressive. So why was Batcow, a valuable young animal with years of production ahead of her and mild temperament, sent to a slaughterhouse?

She does have a bat on her face. Damian has been established as being a fan of bats since he was an infant, and Talia knows that. Talia was shown as being completely in control of everything including manipulating that chase into the slaughterhouse. Considering her long history of giving people well thought out gifts without being obvious about it (with varying success, looking at you Jason and Damian), a trait Damian clearly inherited, Batcow was probably an elaborate gift. But for who? I mentioned that it's heavily implied that Damian died on his birthday, she may have been his birthday present for that year if had survived. Otherwise Batcow was for Bruce or Alfred along the lines of "Sorry about all the deaths. Here's the cow you always wanted." Both are oddly within her classic silver, bronze, and dark age characterization as well as her Inc characterization when she's dialed down her bipolar/PTSD/other assorted mental illness to functional levels.

Or could be because Batcow is an escape artist. Cows are known to teach others how to open gates, doors, and deactivate electric fences. She might have been a bad influence on her herd and subverting the cow/human relationship.

Fantastic Member

Batcow pg 5

Considering that red breeds of cattle tend to be as long lived as horses and cats, it's worrisome that all the ten years from now futures shown have her missing. Very worrisome.

Duke lived with Bruce for over a year and didn't realize there was a cow until Dick and Jason mentioned her. Considering that, there's a very good chance that Selina almost married Bruce without ever being told he had a cow or being introduced to said cow. Unless canon shows otherwise, previously established canon supports that Bruce failed to mention his crime fighting bovine.

Like her boy, she is prone to randomly taking off to do her own thing and neglecting to tell people about it.

Outside of King's Batman, it has been shown that Batcow makes Bruce happy.

And why wouldn't she? Batcow is sheer delight. She makes everyone happy. Unless they're criminals.

Alfred the Cat and Titus have Damian's back regardless of if he's being a jerk. Batcow? She's a "Talk sh*t you deserve to get h*t" sort of animal.

Goliath and she have come to an agreement. Despite his predilection for eating cows, he appears to have a great deal of respect for her.

Let us appreciate the fact that both Goliath and the dragon, two massive predators who are known for eating cattle, appear to respect Batcow and enjoy her company.

She appears to have lived in California during the period that Bruce lost the manor.

Wayne Industries has a dairy division. It didn't appear to do well when the Powers were in charge. Needed new signs and fences at the very least.

Fantastic Member

Batcow pg 6

If Duke still hasn't met Batcow, and he's currently the most trusted side kick, it's safe to assume anyone who hasn't been explicitly shown as a member of Batman Inc has not met her. So Tim's entire team probably worked out of the cave for months without knowing there was a cow there.

Jason suggested eating her once. He's also been shown scratching her ears. But even he wouldn't eat her missing calf. Not knowingly. Jason is not a monster.

Barbara has been shown scratching her ears. In all fairness, cow ears are delightful to scratch. Their entire heads are wonderful to rub and scratch.

If she were a Batperson, she would be Barbara Gordon.

As a social animal, she is a demonstrated team player. Any team with her on it wins.

Barbara Gordon is her spirit animal. I'm not sure it goes both ways, but given that they are both ridiculously competent and intelligent with gifts for communication and technology, it might.

She's a free range cow.

Honestly, is there a fence that can stop her? Batman Inc showed her completely disregarding them.

She may not have jumped over the moon, but given that Damian is weird, has a sense of irony and humor, as well as took his dog to the moon, it is safe to bet that she's been to the moon and probably to the other side. If Damian didn't do it, most versions of Bruce would have, especially Snyder's or Tomasi's.

She lives in the cave. She lives in the stables. She lives wherever she feels like living. Except maybe in the house. Alfred has to set some boundaries.

Nothing sees her until she wants to be seen.

She causes car accidents. For the sake of crime fighting.

Among Damian's established in canon chores is cleaning up after her and ensuring that no one is aware that there's a cow living with Batman.

No wonder Dynomutt, Ra's, Talia, and that one dude who tried to adopt Damian and lost his teeth all think he needs a bath. That boy smells like bats, dogs, cows, and cats. It's a good thing he wasn't allowed to keep the goat and Jerry and his many fellows haven't jumped to main continuity yet. That child smells like a farm already.

She has not been polled. Depending on the artist, she either has a nice, neat set of small horns or she's got a massive set capable of gutting a bear.

Fantastic Member

Batcow pg 7

Either way, in fight with a bear, I'm betting on Batcow. She appears to be as rugged as bison, and bison do just fine in bear and wolf country. Thrive actually.

I'm betting on Batcow in a fight with Killer Croc as well. Cows have been known to attack and kill crocodiles and alligators out of water, and he's mostly human. In a fight with a cow, unless that human has been specially trained, the cow usually wins. Even against well trained humans like bullfighters and rodeo clowns, cows still have been known to win, and that's in spite of thousands of years of breeding for docility.

She can talk sense to Streaky. She might be the only thing capable of that.

Alfred Purryworth is her adopted kitten. Based the artwork, it's implied she and Titus raised him into the cat we know and love today.

That's actually pretty normal cow behavior. They tend to form close bonds with dogs and cats. Cats especially. Ask anyone who raises cows.

She seems to feel the same way about Purryworth sleeping on her as Goliath does Damian and the dragon does Goliath: loves it, encourages it, gets a little grumpy when he leaves.

Although the Tiny Titans Batcow had a Robin as a side kick, we have yet to see him in main continuity. That doesn't mean he doesn't exist. With Batcow, anything appears to be possible.

She has a star brand.

At one point she was laced with mind control chemicals and therefore not recommend for eating.

She was evidence. She has not been returned. Batman is terrible about returning evidence when it's cute and already has his symbol on it.

Just as there are no licensed stuffed baby Goliaths available for purchase, there are no stuffed Batcows. This is because DC hates happiness and doesn't like making money.

Undisputed member of Team Sanity. Also Capitan of Team Makes People Question Their Sanity.

Fantastic Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    BatCow obviously comes from the Forever Cows. Who, like the Endless, make up the fabric of the multiverse.
    That's quite likely. None of Damian's pets are normal animals. After all, Titus, whose breeder we've met, has killed Hunger Dogs, Parademons, and Justifiers all of whom are considered major challenges for any hero the isn't part of the Trinity. More than that, he's made Golrious Godfrey and Kalibak bleed, and in the Darkseid War, Kalibak has a scar from where Titus bit him.

If you consider that DC established that gods constantly transfer their essences to new hosts, there's a good chance that Batcow is one of the famous pet cows from mythology as are Damian's other pets.

This is the most intensive character analysis yet. And it's amazing. Thank you for your good, good work.

Outside of King's Batman, it has been shown that Batcow makes Bruce happy.
    Damian: Father, are you happy?

Bruce: *glances at Batcow*

Bruce: I...I'm getting there.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I learned so much about cows today. Like, for instance, how most cows are ninja, which explains so much in my life, personally.
    So you too have been in alone in an empty field and turned around to find a cow at your back, then realized that in less than a minute you were surrounded by cows? You're not alone. They are fast and silent when they feel like it. And fully capable of becoming invisible in a short grass field in a flat part of Wyoming...yeah. Cows. If you suspect they are messing with you, you're right. Especially free range beef cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    Thank you. I'm somewhat new to this forum and tbh I came here because I was sick of character bashing in other places, so to see it every day in every other thread is so off-putting.

I think general desired traits for a Robin would be:

-a close relationship to Batman
    -provide an element of contrast to Batman
    -be a catalyst for change in Batman/be changed by Batman in some way

I was going to add more, but I realized that everything else is superficial. Robin's main role is as Batman's sidekick, and a good Batman and Robin story has to have all these elements. Other characteristics (personality, motivation, backstory, physical traits and abilities) can vary from person to person because imo the concept of Robin should be fluid to keep it interesting. Carrie and Damian for example, are as different as you can be, but I think what matters is that they both brought something new to the story.
    All great points

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    That's quite likely. None of Damian's pets are normal animals. After all, Titus, whose breeder we've met, has killed Hunger Dogs, Parademons, and Justifiers all of whom are considered major challenges for any hero the isn't part of the Trinity. More than that, he's made Golrious Godfrey and Kalibak bleed, and in the Darkseid War, Kalibak has a scar from where Titus bit him.

If you consider that DC established that gods constantly transfer their essences to new hosts, there's a good chance that Batcow is one of the famous pet cows from mythology as are Damian's other pets.
    Batcow- Minotaur
    Alfred (cat)- Nymean Lion
    Titus- Cerberus
    Dragon- Its a dragon. What more do you need?
    Jerry- Thunderbird

BANNED

So you too have been in alone in an empty field and turned around to find a cow at your back, then realized that in less than a minute you were surrounded by cows? You're not alone. They are fast and silent when they feel like it. And fully capable of becoming invisible in a short grass field in a flat part of Wyoming...yeah. Cows. If you suspect they are messing with you, you're right. Especially free range beef cattle.
    Arctic Cyclist, you made my whole day!!!!!!!! I love Bat-Cow even more than I ever did before!!!!! You're the BEST!!!!

Which makes the Antelope samurai! For they openly walk through the towns!

Fantastic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Which makes the Antelope samurai! For they openly walk through the towns!
    They're something alright, as are deer. But I left the rectangles ages ago for the land of two seasons: cold and dark or warm and light, give or take a couple dozen degrees or more. Although I still have cows in my neighborhood, I also have sled dogs, reindeer, and the second most formidable of ruminates, the mighty moose. To me, moose are the samurai or lords of old because everyone yields to them and averts their gaze in order to avoid the moose's wrath. That's especially true if they decide to stroll into residences or stores and start grazing the on the salad and other products.

They're scary yet delicious when young and tender or shot properly before they get really rutty.

So I'm not the best judge of pronghorns anymore. However, I can say that reindeer and caribou are incapable of stealth. They click when they walk. Since Christmas is coming, I am obligated to remind everyone that Sven from Frozen along with all of Santa's reindeer are female. You can tell by the antlers and the fact that none of them have tried to gore or trample anyone.

That Damian doesn't have a reindeer isn't a surprise, Gotham is too hot for reindeer. They start suffering from heat stress at +60F and die when the temperature gets much higher. Conversely, they don't start shivering until -70F.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Thanks you so much for all the awesome posts Arctic Cyclist. So much great reading. Great work.

They're something alright, as are deer. But I left the rectangles ages ago for the land of two seasons: cold and dark or warm and light, give or take a couple dozen degrees or more. Although I still have cows in my neighborhood, I also have sled dogs, reindeer, and the second most formidable of ruminates, the mighty moose. To me, moose are the samurai or lords of old because everyone yields to them and averts their gaze in order to avoid the moose's wrath. That's especially true if they decide to stroll into residences or stores and start grazing the on the salad and other products.

They're scary yet delicious when young and tender or shot properly before they get really rutty.

So I'm not the best judge of pronghorns anymore. However, I can say that reindeer and caribou are incapable of stealth. They click when they walk. Since Christmas is coming, I am obligated to remind everyone that Sven from Frozen along with all of Santa's reindeer are female. You can tell by the antlers and the fact that none of them have tried to gore or trample anyone.

That Damian doesn't have a reindeer isn't a surprise, Gotham is too hot for reindeer. They start suffering from heat stress at +60F and die when the temperature gets much higher. Conversely, they don't start shivering until -70F.
    Just color me surprised to see someone else that's from Wyoming on here, even if you did move.