Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Arctic Cyclist, I've really enjoyed your list of personality traits!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for much for doing the work and putting it all together!!!!!! So much fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Carrie Kelley

Full disclosure: I skipped most of the Dark Knight Series. So most of this is from Tomasi's Batman and Robin. Aside from her becoming Batman and being Bruce's daughter, I know nothing about the Master Race and am disinclined to rectify that.

One of Bruce's secret love children.

Has a slingshot. Is disconcertingly effective with it.

Described Damian as prickly and rough on the outside, a marshmallow on the inside. Also referred to Damian as the little brother she's always wanted and never had.

Was paying for college out of pocket by tutoring people and being an acting/theater coach. Now is the Wayne dog walker and pet sitter.

Oddly enough, she filled the plot hole of where Titus and Alfred Purryworth went when Bruce lost the manor and then his memory.

Was Catwoman after being Robin in The Dark Knight Universe. Was creepy when it happened and had large psychosexual over and undertones considering it was borderline established that Bruce had raped Dick and Jason.

Did not get better when it was revealed that she was his bio child. Much worse actually.

Snyder and Tomasi have provided three probable mothers, the most likely two are both princesses, eventual queens of criminal families and utterly ruthless. Bruce. He has a type.

Pretty. Gets hit on a lot. Doesn't like it.

Extremely accurate hand eye coordination.

May have been one of the only people in Gotham who hadn't figured out that Damian Wayne was the Robin who died live on the morning news.

Might be the only person who actually insists on Damian checking in with her once a week.

First concrete example of Alfred's house rule of "If Titus likes you, you're part of the family. Bruce's opinion and wants don't matter. You're opinion doesn't matter. Titus and Damian liked you, you now belong here and can't quit."

Makes Alfred feel old, but in a good way.

Fast learner.

College student, probably in grad school. Studying drama.

Very agile and athletic. Natural fighting instincts.

Damian knows she's his half sister, initiated contact. Apparently hasn't fought her. He's getting better.

Cheerful and outgoing.

In both universes, the first time she met Bruce she was wearing the Robin suit with green panties.

Sarcastic as Wayne a should be.

Charming and witty. Capable of utter ruthlessness. Often underestimated.

Deeply loyal.

Her favorite breed of dogs is Great Danes, just like Bruce and Damian.

Has yet to be fully incorporated into the main universe despite her introduction.

This is because DC hates happiness and doesn't want to let Damian have a healthy familial relationship.

Becomes Batman.

Why no one ship her with Jason? Do they not realize she's in main current continuity and would be perfect for him?

Bruce hasn't figured out she's his child. Once again proving that Detective Chimp, Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter, and Damian are all better detectives than him. Probably all the Batkids are better detectives, including Carrie.
    Did not know that about the Dark Knight series. Yeesh. Why would they ever go with that angle on Bruce and what not? Just so wrong!

But her being a half-sibling to Damian in main continuity, kind of interesting. And not hostile towards her either.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Did the Walmart TT get cancelled after 1 issue? I can only find the first issue online and there are no Wal marts in my state.
    I believe the 2nd is on it's way. They seem to be staggering release between the 3 giants. I believe they are a long term project but I'm not sure when the 2nd issue is out. I had to order online because the Asda/Walmarts here in he UK don't stock them.

Fantastic Member

Helena Wayne (Earth 2) traits pg 1

Full disclosure: Strictly new 52. I quit Worlds' Finest when it became Superman/Batman on Earth 2, so I am probably missing things. I also quit Earth 2 once it became Superman/Batman and didn't even bother with the second series.

Was an only child. Was happy to adopt Karen as her sister and Damian as her brother.

Likes cats more than dogs. Cats like her more than dogs do, but not to the extent they like her mom or Damian.

Her safe houses are very nice. She does not slum.

Heard her dad die. Saw her mom die. Found a alternate universe half brother. He died. Went home. Home died. Is a little sick of things dying.

Bruce had her institutionalized at some point when she was a kid. It was never addressed why.

Got along better with her mom than her dad.

Wore a semi practical pony tail as Robin, refused to confine her hair as an adult.

Had a stalker as a little girl. It was her fake dead grandpa.

No explanation ever given for why her code name was Robin if Dick wasn't taken in by Bruce.

Shocked by how Bruce keeps acquiring people and has a more casual attitude with Alfred if he doesn't marry Catwoman.

Excellent hacker.

Was surprised by Damian as BruTalia never happened on her world.

Surprised that someone was keeping track of every Wayne financial transaction and recognized embezzlement and theft.

Fought Damian. Fight ended in the dumpster. This may be metaphor for how DC treated them for the next several years.

Wanted to go home. Found out that there is no going home. Home must be made.

Her parents often forget she was in the room and started foreplay and sex.

Fantastic Member

Helena Wayne Traits pg 2

Loved her parents, but aware that they had a lot of faults and a tendency to forget about other people. Understood that children of lovers are orphans, made her transition to orphan orphan a little easier. Just a little.

Does not like sex trafficking.

Hunts people who traffic girls. Doesn't care who you are. Will hunt you down, and if you are above the law...Dad's dead. The no kill rule died with him.

Hugs Damian. He hugs back.

She and Damian kept each other's secrets and hung out together. May have been his favorite sibling, possibly ranked higher than Dick.

Karen Starr her favorite sibling.

She and her Super are closer than lovers. No sex. True love needs no sex. Just trust and communication which they have.

Can throw a spoon so hard it implants in a cement wall.

Loves food. Especially dessert. Knows the best place to get pizza in all major cities.

Gorgeous and knows it. Uses sexy as a weapon.

Stole Helena Bertenelli's identity. Other Helena stole hers. Both seem like they're cool with that.

Became Batman.

You might be able to beat her in a fight, you might be able to beat Karen in a fight. You don't stand a chance against both of them working together. Even if you are Batman and Superman.

That's why the new gods promptly separated them.

Granny Goodness met her, cooed, and made her a Female Fury.

She did not like that.

Loves Alfred more than her parents. Therefore a true Robin.

Tactical genius. Amanda Waller once said she's one of the best she's ever seen.

Didn't become Robin until about fourteen. Did so while dad was out of town under mom's supervision. Dad was pissed about it and enforced curfews.

Fantastic Member

Helena Wayne traits pg 3

Was very impulsive. Didn't stop being impulsive until in another universe and realized that impulsive is bad.

Highly resistant to toxins and radioactivity. Says it's from her dad. Appears that Grandpa Wayne was too. Explains much about Bruce.

Fought a guy made out of radioactive waste. It affects Power Girl more than her and both think that's normal...because she's a Wayne.

Accelerated healing. Acknowledged in universe as Wayne trait.

Relationship with Dick no longer incest as Dick didn't know her until adulthood. Yay!

Seriously, 1950s and 60s, what even? Why would anyone think it's okay for adult adopted siblings to flirt and joke about showering together and dating when the older one talks about changing the other's diaper? No wonder people were okay with Helena being wiped from continuity, she was the first inappropriate Dick ship.

In Superman/Batman she once swapped bodies with her dad. He complained about how drafty and cold her Huntress uniform was.

About that uniform: after Damian was introduced and writers started thinking like dads instead of horny dudes, her costumes became practical and modest as did her character. All incesty subtext and text went away. She also became a BAMF.

No room for romance, only JUSTICE!

Does not understand why Dick became Batman in her universe as he is some random guy raised in a circus who married a cop in Chicago. Readers don't either.

Unlike many Bruces, quite capable of being a supportive, nonjudgmental friend as well as trusting people and developing healthy long term relationships without sacrificing her intelligence.

That might be a subtle comment about how Batman only keeps enough blood in his body to operate either his brain or penis, not both. King's and Loeb's Batmans provide evidence to support this suspicion.

Is very good about keeping her blood in her body. She and Carrie are alike in this regard which means it could be genetic...but why do Bruce and Damian feel the need to bleed...oh. Oh.

Excellent fighter, but not on main universe Robin level. Shown to be because Earth 2 Batman put all villains on ice. Fought only thugs not super villains and repeat offenders. No wonder the New Gods won.

Fantastic Member

Helena Wayne traits pg 4

Cried during training when hurt. Was sane and normal child.

Thought the Batsuit was scary when little and baby. Thought the empty cowl was scary when little and a baby. Apparently didn't think it was awesome and become obsessed with wearing it like baby and preschool Damian was, nor require it being dragged away and burnt like Damian.

Had cats as a little girl. Earth 2 is only reality where Bruce does not get a dog and allows cats besides Alfred Purryworth to live in his home.

Does not have cats as adult. 10-20 years is a long term commitment, she's not sure she can do that. Very good, responsible person.

As Robin, questioned why she didn't wear anything to protect her head. Never wore anything to protect her head as Huntress.

Loves people and is social if prone to being aloof because in the wrong universe and doesn't want to create bonds that could compromise her missions, including mission of going home.

Only trusted and bonded with Damian. Karen was both weirded out and a touch jealous. Karen and Kara sort of bonded, not as well.

Ships BatCat. Obviously.

Otherwise not a shipper, unless it is with JUSTICE and GOODNESS! ...but not Granny Goodness. Does not ship Granny Goodness. Has issues with her.

Should have been part of the BAMF Trinity of daughters but DC hates happiness.

May or may not happen in current continuity. As Damian fan am both excited and antsy about that as Tom King stole a major crossover subplot of Damian's for his annual and then excised Damian from it and the future family but kept Jean Paul. So...yeah. Wary. Because DC does not like happiness.

Makes Dick Grayson her Robin because JUSTICE.

Has sads, does not allow them to consume her or interfere with enjoying her life. Must have got that from her mother.

Had begun acquiring trust issues.

Understands normal. Is oddly good at being normal. Acknowledges her weirdness, but relatively speaking is most normal Batfamily member and can interact with regular people with no challenges or confusion.

Fantastic Member

My old post about Dick as Batman:

bruce : my parents are dead!!!!
    tim : my dad is dead and I have to take on a mantle I hate
    clark : BOTH my dads are dead and I have an emo breakdown
    damian : I have no friends w this job and I’m a noob
    dickbats , fumbling with the annoying cape :
    tumblr_inline_p8vv1vJQuJ1ryqahz_540.jpg
    bonus :
    tim : you replaced me w this shit of a “little bro” who tried to kill me and keeps messing with me and he could be wrecking shit up
    dickbats, fighting jason who was wrecking gotham : oh yeah i’m listening tell me more

Fantastic Member

Helena Wayne traits pg 5

Might have been teaching Damian how to human and child off panel, they appeared to have had many meet ups.

Not used to being kidnapped or captured. Still expert escape artist.

Fought the gods. Gods won. Still survived.

Good student. Enjoyed school. Loves learning.

Had a relatively normal childhood. Is disconcertingly mentally stable like her two half siblings despite all the traumas thrown her way. Still dresses up to fight crime.

Batsuit is very practical and has a coat. She does not like being cold.

Does not ask permission to take 10 year old brother to Arctic, partially because it'd be weird, partially because Bruce in any universe is Bruce and doesn't really notice when his tender aged children take off for a few days/weeks/months/years unless school calls to report their absence. Knows this from experience.

Fought a pack of wolves with Damian, thought it was oversized, clearly has never heard about the Delta wolf pack in Alaska that seasonally grows to over 50 animals before dispersing into smaller groups.

Also fought a werewolf. Killed it with an antenna because she was out of weapons.

Can make anything a weapon. Typical Wayne.

Was made into a weapon. Got better.

Hasn't died. Member of Team Sanity and Team Not Dies. Not Dies keeps losing members: Helena, Carrie, and Duke only members in good standing, Tim's reinstatement is under review.

Not a Powerpuff Girl, Brady Bunch, or Malcolm in the Middle character.

Had her Super violently torn from her because DC hates happiness.

Fantastic Member

Excellent lists. So on point and funny.

Damian calls Helena with Multiverse cellphone.
    Tells her about his friend Jon.
    Helena calls Karen over.
    Karen meets Jon and is happily surprised by his happy-go-lucky nature.
    Multiversal Siblings Team-Up commence!

Fantastic Member

Duke Thomas traits pg 1

Full disclosure: Since there aren't many appearances I think I have read them all.

First person to realize being Robin results in death. Stopped wanting to be Robin.

Has an immortal evil relative.

Once would have thought that wasn't normal. Now not so sure.

Beginning to realize association with Bruce makes people crazy.

Sits down and worries if he's crazy. Does not want to be crazy.

Does not want to die.

Has too much common sense to be Robin. Regularly points that out.

Swears he's not Robin and Damian is despite all evidence to the contrary.

Mom was a social worker. Therefore he's aware that Bruce should have lost custody of Damian ages ago.

Went through the foster care system. Understands why Bruce keeps being allowed to have kids but still thinks it's whacked.

Does not babysit or clean bathrooms.

Likes girls. Is part of a love...web? Polygon? Something. Has several love interests.

Gets in fights. Sometimes with people's brothers.

Likes yellow, prefers red, but met the Batboys and realized red gets you dead.

May have told Dick that and that's why, to everyone's relief, Nightwing's blue again.

Captain of Team Sanity.

Rookie on Team Not Dies

Titus adores him.

Damian begrudgingly likes him even if he resents that Bruce has spent significantly more time in canon total with Duke than him.

Watched Damian's death over breakfast like the rest of the We Are Robin kids.

Fantastic Member

Duke Thomas traits pg 2

Due to being a meta human, is as good of fighter as his opponent. Sometimes.

Gets beat up a lot. Keeps getting up.

Can break people by talking. Not as effectively as Damian, but he's also much nicer about it than Damian.

Keeps things real. Points out to Jason that his perception is skewed by his experiences.

Helped Bruce realize that not all punk rockers are like Bruce's abusive ex boyfriend.

Only person besides Dick and Alfred to know Bruce had an abusive ex boyfriend who was a punk rocker.

Introduced first Bruce, then everyone else to their new favorite band, #%^* Batman, which is comprised entirely of people they sent to Arkham and were successfully treated.

Suspects Damian's pets are capable of reading, operating machinery, and doing complex calculus.

Isn't sure if that makes him crazy or observant.

Has tried to count all the rooms in Wayne Manor. Failed.

Genre savvy enough to move out of a house that keeps changing its layout. Wonders why no one else notices.

Lived in Wayne Manor for a year. Never found the barn, stables, or met Batcow despite regular outdoor training and runs around the grounds.

Does not know about the dragon. Probably because he's already freaked out by Goliath and Batcow.

Used to be scared of Talons. Now not scared of Talons.

Used to be scared of heights. A little peeved that Dick left him alone on the rooftop of Gotham's highest building after he confessed that.

Shipper.

Has a smart mouth. Is good at sarcasm and backhanded compliments.

Thinks that listening to Batman will keep him alive...he might be right.

Has realized that Bruce tends to have really horrible ideas that don't consider the consequences and how they negatively impact other people.

Fantastic Member

Duke Thomas traits pg 3

Has realized that Bruce generally doesn't consider the emotional well being of others, particularly of his children. Realizes it's because Bruce is not self aware and doesn't understand that hurting others only hurts him. Duke's doubtful that can be resolved.

Understands why all the other Robins (except Carrie and Helena) have died. It's why he's moved out and controls his interactions with Bruce.

Enjoys hanging out with Jason. The feeling is mutual.

Doesn't have a real Super, but that's okay because he's not a real Robin.

Might end up marrying her.

Tim, Bruce, and Dick all have Jason's memorial case standing in judgment over them. He's got Damian's. Not as weird as it ought to be.

Commissioner Gordon likes him and assigned him a personal liaison.

Despite being a meta is the most normal, regular person in the family.

In alternate universes, is a vocal critic of Batman and Bruce Wayne.

Might become one anyway.

Understands that forgetting your children is considered an extreme form of child abuse.

Knows and likes both beard and beardless Bruce.

Is very self aware.

Still ships Bruce/Julie. Understands Bruce doesn't date good girls. A hopeless shipper.

Gets along with Batwoman.

Actually gets along with everyone in the family. This is an unspoken part of his meta ability.

Out in daylight as his skin does not go from ghostly to red or deep brown. The sun neither hurts him nor loves him. Therefore they have a healthy relationship and can interact.

Ironically, despite not being the first or only black member of the Batfamily, he's the only one who doesn't fear sunlight.

Has an actual job at the youth center. Which is good because his secret base is there.

Fantastic Member

Duke Thomas traits pg 4

Isn't in school anymore. Another high school drop out like Tim who's either home schooled or has a GED.

If Damian stayed dead, he would have been Robin and Bruce would have an army of clones he keeps transferring his conscious into. Duke would have grown an awesome ponytail/man bun.

Figured out on his own everyone's identity, including the less obvious family members.

Thought it was impressive because that was Tim's claim to fame. Was shot down by Alfred who explained it's not hard. Proving that is hard, except with Damian, and most people are too polite to talk about it.

Bruce has explained to him that he's color coded his family. Duke was not surprised by that, but was surprised that they weren't all red.

Isn't being trained to follow orders. Might be why he follows orders.

Isn't a Powerpuff girl. Or a Brady Bunch kid.

Thinks it's both mean and inaccurate to consider Damian Cousin Oliver. Though he can't argue about Damian being Mojo Jojo.

Realizes that the Family is Malcolm in the Middle, Damian's Dewey, and he's Jamie. He's cool with that.

Takes Damian to the movies. Understands Damian better than most people. Part of Team Teach Damian to Child.

Might become Batman. Really, who doesn't?

Knows that Alfred has a clone.

Has been kidnapped by Ra's, hasn't met him.

Good at riddled and puzzles. Does the crossword every day, and sudoku.

Went on a road trip with Batman and Two Face. Parts of it were enjoyable. Met Harold.

Thinks Bruce calls all his dogs Ace and children Robin because his head injuries have screwed up his memory.

Suspects he's the chick. Is secure enough in his masculinity and sexuality to not mind.