Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    What is Emma wearing?!
    Something she stole from a little kid.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Her outfit looks like an all white version of the Punisher outfit she wore back in Bendis' Uncanny #14, with a fur trimmed cape.

At least Emma isn't wearing her Astonishing outfit for the 8th time. Plus no one seems too mad that she's wearing an X.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't not wait for this. Bachalo art is looking better than ever. One of my absolute favorite artists.
    Bachalo always gives the X-Men some style.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    That's actually Kurt, I believe.
    Ja. You are correct.

This makes me so happy. I missed the caustic humour. This is glorious

Yeah, not a fan of Emma’s clothes. Bachalo was also the one who had her with the Punisher shirt too.

Emma channeling her inner Becky. Does she have on Tuesday knickers with that trashfit or nah?(sorry, not sorry)

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Definitely picking this up. I love Bachalo on X-Men and this looks like a fun team-up
    Make Good Art

This sounds much better than the solicit that was written for it. I'm pretty vocal about my dislike of Emma being portrayed as a victim of the Hellfire Club, like please.

The art looks off unless Bachelo is changing again. Remember the good ole days aka the first 3 issues of Generation X when he was at his best? I still enjoyed him after but this is taking a slight turn for the worse. Also, his designs are awful. That outfit looks like the Punisher outfit from his Bendis Uncanny run but colored all white. Still out of character and bad.

This was all exposition but I'm hoping for the best.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The art looks off unless Bachelo is changing again. Remember the good ole days aka the first 3 issues of Generation X when he was at his best? I still enjoyed him after but this is taking a slight turn for the worse.
    I agree. Bachelo peaked with those earliest Gen X/Next issues. He's been on a downward trajectory since, and this most recent work is the worst I've seen of his.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is Cyclops back from the dead or is Remy flirting with a flatscan girl in front of his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I HATE it when they split the two-page spreads like this. It makes the previews a lot harder to read than they need to be.
    It totally killed the Spider-Force preview too.

Is X-23 looking at a toaster maybe she thinks it's another relative

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Looking forward to this. Although, I hope it doesn't end up being Emma using the X-Men to seize control of the Hellfire Club.
    I'm dreading what seems like a transparent heal turn. If the writers want to "subvert expectations" I hope Emma honors her part of the agreement and doesn't just use this as a stepping stone to controlling the HFC. So far I have enjoyed the preview though.

I'm also quite enjoying Rogue as "X-Men team leader" here (Jean, Storm and Kitty seemed like the obvious choices for leader and drama) and her interactions with Emma.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'm dreading what seems like a transparent heal turn. If the writers want to "subvert expectations" I hope Emma honors her part of the agreement and doesn't just use this as a stepping stone to controlling the HFC. So far I have enjoyed the preview though.

I'm also quite enjoying Rogue as "X-Men team leader" here (Jean, Storm and Kitty seemed like the obvious choices for leader and drama) and her interactions with Emma.
    Same here. I would totally read a book with her leading this team
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I suppose it was the intelligent thing to do, and is precisely why Emma herself states she asked for those people specifically. They really are holding out the drama, and that may be the best course of action.

I... am not sure why Emma looks like a 90s/80s fashion Rosemary's Baby. I actually thought it was Dazzler going for a Baby Spice homage for a split second.

The other X-Men in casual was on point, though. You work that shal, Rogue!

I do hope they don't just handwave away everything that's happened with Emma recently, even if most of it deserves to go away, and actually come up with something better.