Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I'm dreading what seems like a transparent heal turn. If the writers want to "subvert expectations" I hope Emma honors her part of the agreement and doesn't just use this as a stepping stone to controlling the HFC. So far I have enjoyed the preview though.

I'm also quite enjoying Rogue as "X-Men team leader" here (Jean, Storm and Kitty seemed like the obvious choices for leader and drama) and her interactions with Emma.
    If Emma controls the HFC again, then it would open up some cool opportunities. She could lead a new Hellfire Club that works for mutant rights in a more subversive way than what current X-Men are doing.

Think the current X-Men want to run the mutants like it's the DNC and they're stuck in the 90s. Emma would be like Bernie Sanders (or to a more relevant compariso Malcolm X) and go against the polite establishment.

Emma was co-leader when mutants were nearly extinct and they had to take more extreme measures. The current X-Men leaders have the privilege of a full population and can afford to play nice now with the governments and the world. Emma would know that type of system isn't going to work if mutants ever become extinct again. And you could argue that the X-Men's new trust in governments and world leaders isn't sustainable.

I don't think Marvel would want to put Emma in the spotlight like this though nor take the X-Men in this direction with a lot of political nuance, so it's probably best that this book leaves open opportunities for Emma to join the X-Men instead.
    Last edited by ButterRum; 10-25-2018 at 09:55 AM.

That kid picking his nose is great, I'd like him to join the X-Men best new creation in a very long time. Better then most of the crap they've been dishing you out

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Same here. I would totally read a book with her leading this team
    Me too! I absolutely love this group of characters and Rogue makes for good leader.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    If Emma controls the HFC again, then it would open up some cool opportunities. She could lead a new Hellfire Club that works for mutant rights in a more subversive way than what current X-Men are doing.
    It could be cool, and it would be nice to see the HFC used as a force for good, much like what Roberto did with AIM in that Avengers series, but I am just not in the mood for all the X-Men to be screaming about betrayal and "some people never change" bullcrap that I feel we might be getting. Saw enough of that during Marvel NOW with Hitler-clops.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That kid picking his nose is great, I'd like him to join the X-Men best new creation in a very long time. Better then most of the crap they've been dishing you out
    Perhaps that's a post-Mothervine Snot.

Also is it just me or does it look like Nightcrawler shaved between panels? Did Emma (correctly) point out how terrible the beard looks on him?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    What is Emma wearing?!
    Looks likes some cosplay of some Ice princess

lol Rogue didn't invite Kitty to this meet up.

Oh I will definitely be getting this. But I just realized: Rogue's made it quite clear they don't trust Emma as far as they can throw her right now, but they agreed to meet without a backup telepath?

BANNED

I don't like the art. But this is VERY GOOD.

Damn Frost I know you don't like to Eat Crow, but HA eat it all up baby!!. "You all are the most powerful mutants alive," Aww shucks keep going please LOL.

This was a very good review can't wait to read it.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't like the art. But this is VERY GOOD.

Damn Frost I know you don't like to Eat Crow, but HA eat it all up baby!!. "You all are the most powerful mutants alive," Aww shucks keep going please LOL.

This was a very good review can't wait to read it.
    yeah the art's terrible.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I dont understand why some of these xmen are working with her following her treachery in ivx. has all of that been completely ignored?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I dont understand why some of these xmen are working with her following her treachery in ivx. has all of that been completely ignored?
    She helped overthrow a fascist government and tried her best to protect mutants before that. And also got her head in place during the Mothervine debacle.

So I'm pretty sure they're ok with her, at least, as Rogue says, since it's in their best interests to take down the HFC.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Eh. I wouldn't define what IvX Emma did as treachery.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    lol Rogue didn't invite Kitty to this meet up.
    Who's that?

Move along.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 10-25-2018 at 10:39 AM.

Didn't the X-Men reach out to her during that recent Phoenix Resurrection comic?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Yes, because Emma did nothing wrong.

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

I want this team in a main book! With Rogue or Emma leading. It's perfect!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Didn't the X-Men reach out to her during that recent Phoenix Resurrection comic?
    possibly I honestly dont remember

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Yes, because Emma did nothing wrong.
    well that's a matter of opinion which I dont agree. nonetheless I'm just curious as to when they resolved the issues after ivx. it appears they are simply ignoring it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!