Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    At least it's the original Cassaday Astonishing look and not the awful Bianchi redesign.
    Ugh....THOSE designs were just SO out there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Ugh....THOSE designs were just SO out there.
    Who doesn't love Cyclops' full body condom with gauntlets or every X-Man having at least three X-es plastered over their costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Emma, nightcrawler, gambit, rogue, storm, and x23 as a team, give me it now
    THIS.
    But... I would also include Iceman on the team.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    She probably doesn't, I just like to think Ororo would be above such petty rivalries when it comes to shutting down one of the X-Men's most persistent adversaries. At least Emma's recent "villainous" activities (war with the Inhumans, Mothervine) had the best interests of mutantkind at heart, even if you don't agree with the methods. Kind of like how Daredevil can team up with the Punisher.
    its beyond petty rivalries. I mean think about it. how many times have emma betrayed either her trust or degraded ororo over the years? it just seems more realistic that ororo would be guarded and at the very minimum have expressed to her and the team reservations with working with her considering their track record. and the ends don't always justify the means.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Why would Rogue lead this team and not Storm?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Because not everything X revolves or should revolve around Storm. (and I say that as a big fan of the character).

I could definitely see Emma CONTACTING Rogue over Storm. I think she and Rogue are more amicable with one another over she and Storm.

Its interesting -- the perception that because Rogue is the one talking to Emma, and relaying the collective decision to work with Emma -- that she is then viewed AS the leader.

I did not immediately come to any conclusions about leadership in this preview. I mean.... if anything Emma would appear to be the "leader" since she is the one with the plan, no?

well storm has been taking the backseat to leading. so this is just a continuation of that even if it reads silly. but after kitty leading a team can we say we are surprised?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I could definitely see Emma CONTACTING Rogue over Storm. I think she and Rogue are more amicable with one another over she and Storm.
    I agree. I dont think these particular characters would be itching to work with emma (kurt and ororo specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree. I dont think these particular characters would be itching to work with emma (kurt and ororo specifically).
    I can sort of see why ororo wouldn't work with Emma but why Kurt,,, I mean at best when Emma was with the xmen she was somewhat close to him and nothing since has indicated a change in their relationship
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its beyond petty rivalries. I mean think about it. how many times have emma betrayed either her trust or degraded ororo over the years?
    Compared to the shear volume of issues where the two worked together on this same team without any form of betrayal? It's a one issue story, they probably don't have the page count to hash out all of the trust issues of these characters. Obviously, the X-Men don't trust her or they wouldn't be meeting at Malmart, how much more does the "distrustful" aspect really need to be drilled in, before we can get to the main adventure?

I don't know, but it's so different from what we usually see that I am loving it. Something about Rogue and Emma's back and forth is also giving me old school "Gen-X" Sean and Emma vibes. I don't know why.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Married couples get first dibs on leadership.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why the art look like discount Bachalo? Looks lazy than his other drawings.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Why the art look like discount Bachalo?
    Not gonna lie it looks like they didn't ask Bachelo to the art until the last minute.

I'm a big Bachalo fan, but he definitely has peaks and valleys. For me, he was at his best during the Carey run. I'll always get excited to see him on a title, but I find his stuff to have gotten really abstract -- hyper detailed backgrounds and more amorphous figures.