Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You know, an error that I noticed when reading the issue. At the end when the group gets attacked, 3 of them make the call of “Spider Sense”, and given that Jessica doesn’t have a Spider Sense, it’s obviously meant to be Ashley, Charlie and Kaine making the call. Problem is, Kaine hasn’t had a Spider Sense since he was cured of his mutation back at Spider-Island.

Incredible Member

I noticed the same thing but hope is not an error and they give it back to Kaine. His Spider Sense was cool and a little different. He actually had flashes of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, an error that I noticed when reading the issue. At the end when the group gets attacked, 3 of them make the call of “Spider Sense”, and given that Jessica doesn’t have a Spider Sense, it’s obviously meant to be Ashley, Charlie and Kaine making the call. Problem is, Kaine hasn’t had a Spider Sense since he was cured of his mutation back at Spider-Island.
    well, I hope that people don't start bashing Priest as a "fraud" because of a minor issue like this... but you never know..

Maybe his spider-sense just sort of fixed itself and it’s more like Pete’s than what it was before?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Some minor continuity oversights aside i thought this was a pretty good and interesting issue. I can also see Spider Kid making it out of this alive and being utilized in the future as he's fairly interesting and would fill a role that nobody currently does in the Spider family.

Really my only real complaint about the issue was that Kaine is still sporting his man bun.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, is she still Spider-***** or back to Spider-Girl... Woman?

Pretty rude of Kaine not to tell them that it was a one way trip, only Jessica will survive past 15 minutes without better suits.

On another note, really like Spider-B... Girl. I'll call her girl since Jessica is using woman. Anyway, still live her design.

Glad she is still around as another version of her was killed in Venomverse.

Seems pretty cold to pick up Spider-Kid, who has no idea whats going on, and Jessica, who doesn't want to be there, and send them on a suicide mission without telling them first.

Agreed. Jess knew it would be dangerous, she's no fool, but Kaine never told her she would loose her one to get back to her son. I really can't wait to see how this plays out.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

You know?, if he was still alive, I believe the Assassin Spider-Man would be a good member for this "Spider-Force".

He would. I think Spider-Man Noir would've been a good pick as well had they not killed him.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know?, if he was still alive, I believe the Assassin Spider-Man would be a good member for this "Spider-Force".
    And funny enough, Assassin Spider-Man came from the What If? for the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine special . . . which was also written by Christopher Priest, shortly before Peter and Mary Jane tied the knot. In the canonical version of Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, the one written by Priest, Spider-Man ultimately chose to go back to New York and let Wolverine do what he had to do. In the What If? version by Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin, Spider-Man instead chose to follow Wolverine, leaving behind the life of a superhero for the more morally gray life of an assassin, honing his abilities to the point that he was near-literally untouchable and incapable of being ambushed by anyone intent on attacking or harming him. Shame that somehow didn't keep him alive against the Inheritors, but given divergent continuities and timelines and such . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And funny enough, Assassin Spider-Man came from the What If? for the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine special . . . which was also written by Christopher Priest, shortly before Peter and Mary Jane tied the knot. In the canonical version of Spider-Man vs. Wolverine, the one written by Priest, Spider-Man ultimately chose to go back to New York and let Wolverine do what he had to do. In the What If? version by Jeff Parker and Paul Tobin, Spider-Man instead chose to follow Wolverine, leaving behind the life of a superhero for the more morally gray life of an assassin, honing his abilities to the point that he was near-literally untouchable and incapable of being ambushed by anyone intent on attacking or harming him. Shame that somehow didn't keep him alive against the Inheritors, but given divergent continuities and timelines and such . . .
    Like it was said in DC, each decission we make, we create two worlds: One where we make the choice, and another one where we don't. Conclussion?: Infinite decissions create infinite worlds. Curiously though, I believe the life of the Assassin Spider-Man could have suited perfectly for 616's Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    He would. I think Spider-Man Noir would've been a good pick as well had they not killed him.
    Noir really got the short end of the stick both events. First he was injured in Jessica’s solo tie-in and had to be removed from the war and this time he’s just outright killed off at the beginning. It just doesn’t pay to be Noir.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, he was pretty out gunned power wise.

UK dying off so easily is bitter, however.

They better have Anya react to this as ge was like a mentor and big brother figure to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Noir really got the short end of the stick both events. First he was injured in Jessica’s solo tie-in and had to be removed from the war and this time he’s just outright killed off at the beginning. It just doesn’t pay to be Noir.
    He got to star in a video game and is appearing in a movie where he's voiced by Nicolas Cage, so at least some versions of him are getting their due