Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question Is Avengers: Infinity War(2018 Movie)............???

Is Avengers Infinity War(2018 Movie)........The Empire Strikes Back of Our Generation?!

I have had this Opinion on My Mind for So Long since I saw the movie, twice I might add in the Theaters. But after seeing good breakdowns of it, thinking it over and giving the movie time to impact as many fans around CBR as it can, what do my fellow fans think?!

It does not have to be 100% comparable to The Empire Strikes Back, but its Impact on the Idea of a Dark Yet Very Powerful, Satisfying Ending that shows the Good Guys will not always win and teaches, espically the young, these hard lessons, Like Empire did, Did Infinity War do similarly the same-thing and similarly have a similar impact In Your Opinion?!

I was not around for when Empire Happen originally, so I never saw the full effect on society it had in the day like I have with Infinity War or got Empire's message fully when I saw the movie fully for the 1st time at a very young age, only did when I got much older. But I imagine similar things, besides the twist Luke and Vader plot point.

So I am Curious to Everyone's View on this, Please keeps differing opinions respectful between each other.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

I would say in those terms yes.

It's the spiritual successor where star wars direct successor (TLJ) didn't succeed in terms of fan reception.

No. It's the Avengers: Infinity War of any generation. It's the first of it's kind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No. It's the Avengers: Infinity War of any generation. It's the first of it's kind.
    Agreed.

The best reactions to the movie (for me) came from the non-comic audience.

Some of them were legitimately bummed out at the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

As a comic book fan, I felt what I can only describe as gleeful depression. Sure, I was sad, shocked, and horrified, but also so pumped and ready for what would come next. It was amazing, but felt very close to what I felt at the end of that first issue of Hickman's Secret Wars.

For nonfans, it seems like so many of them didn't know how to process what they were feeling. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, but we as a community sort of get how these things go. We've never really seen it on screen like this, though, but we have a point of reference. Noncomic book fans can sort of point to Empire, but even that doesn't carry the same weight.

Also, please, God, don't let them introduce Ewoks or Ewoks equivalents into this. I know that you tried to warn us of George Lucas's eventual decline and we, we prideful fools, chose not to listen, but we have leanred, Oh Merciful God. We have learned.

Reminds of Transformers the movie with the snap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

IMO IW is quite overrated and this movie was made with context from Infinity Gauntlet .

Myself as a Marvel comic book fan would want this movie to be inch perfect and to be the best cbm for me but that didn't happen for me because Thanos's character script wasn't leaving up to the expectation to it's comic counterpart and there were too many characters to be involved in a single movie but apart from that other important characters were really good . Comic fans should take this things in to account that IW wasn't Nolan's TDK which was created , and not made from context .
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-26-2018 at 03:38 AM.