Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a fun book and it ultimately got Madrox back to a usable status quo. I'm not sure what people were expecting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    It was a fun book and it ultimately got Madrox back to a usable status quo. I'm not sure what people were expecting.
    Probably not some loony indecipherable time travel romp.

I have no idea what I just read. So is this Madrix Prime with the M? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I don't think any of us do.

Reading a Rosenberg mini:

1st issue - "this is so funny, creative, and groundbreaking"

Mid issues - "Fillerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Final issue - "....what?"

Yeah, I don't understand how the final Madrox got the M on his face. I remembered that the dupe sent to the beach vacation time period from last issue was unaccounted for, but he didn't have the M back then.

Anyway, long story short, the only Madrox left is a dupe of the dupe that was left in a bunker by the original Madrox Prime. Beast's serum will make him the new Prime.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Well a Jaime is back. I'm wondering how this will affect the timestream. Also wondering will he seek out Layla? This series made Time travel as confusing as it probably should be without a easy solution. Surprised that the other Jaime was so willing to sacrifice himself, the guy was starting to grow on me a little.

The mini started out strong but there was a real difference in quality with the last two issues I think. It was still fun to read, I was just expecting something better after reading the first two issues. And the two Maddrox primes fighting each other (while making Reservoir Dogs references?) felt really silly.

The biggest let down is that they advertised this as a prequel to Uncanny. I was expecting something big like Emperor Maddrox being one of the bad guys in Uncanny. Instead we got the Maddrox from the beach...I'm not really seeing how he is different from the Maddrox we had before?

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand how the final Madrox got the M on his face. I remembered that the dupe sent to the beach vacation time period from last issue was unaccounted for, but he didn't have the M back then.

Anyway, long story short, the only Madrox left is a dupe of the dupe that was left in a bunker by the original Madrox Prime. Beast's serum will make him the new Prime.
    He said the world took a turn when Bishop asked him so I guess some stuff happened since the last time we saw him. But I feel like he might not be honest about where he is from. It's like he knew what the serum was when he picked it up.

Ultimate Member

Sign me up for 'WTF' and What a waste of time' for this mini.

BANNED

I'm pretty disappointed. I was waiting for some big revelation at the end of the mini-series, and all it pretty much did was bring back Multiple Man. They could've done that in a one-shot finding a dupe down in the bunker ffs. Instead, we got five issues with essentially the same outcome- the return of (a) Jamie Madrox.

It's obvious that the dupe at the end is going to use the serum to become the new Madrox Prime. How that connects to Uncanny X-Men and the army of Multiple Men displaying other powers remains to be seen.

As a whole, I feel like the series was a letdown, and I'm hoping that in bothering to bring back Multiple Man he actually has an important role moving forward, otherwise it was just a colossal waste of time.

What a whole bunch of nothing this was... Anyway at least he brought Madrox back from the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    He will be after he injects himself with that serum Beast did.... i think

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

He said about Bishop, "This guy know what I'm talking about," and points to the M on his face. So, the time he was in (and enjoying himself in) obviously changed for the worse regarding the treatment of mutants -- hence, the addition of the M scar.

Anyway, this was certainly a convoluted story, but I thought it was fun. I think that's all Rosernberg was trying to do: bring back Madrox, and have some fun doing it.

I'm not bothered that we basically end with getting a "normal" Jamie back (and basically reset, considering his comment regarding Layla), and I'm not bothered that it took five issues. Why not enjoy five issues of Madrox weirdness?

It's not PAD's first year of XF Investigations, but it's way better than no Madrox comics.

-Pav, who wonders what's next...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'm pretty disappointed. I was waiting for some big revelation at the end of the mini-series, and all it pretty much did was bring back Multiple Man. They could've done that in a one-shot finding a dupe down in the bunker ffs.
    That part. Jamie's one of my favorite characters in the Marvel U and this was one of the most nauseating minis I've read in years.

BANNED

The lamest thing is that we're now stuck with a dupe of a dupe who has no memories of all the development he went through over the last 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Reading a Rosenberg mini:

1st issue - "this is so funny, creative, and groundbreaking"

Mid issues - "Fillerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Final issue - "....what?"
    LOL - no lies detected.