Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Gifted #6 'iMprint' Discussion (Spoilers)

Summary: In “iMprint,” the Inner Circle prepares for a secret ambush, but Polaris is reluctant to join and Reeva tasks Esme with getting Polaris on board. Esme confides in Polaris, revealing her and her sisters’ troublesome past. Meanwhile, Thunderbird trains Reed on controlling his powers and The Purifiers attack The Mutant Underground as they attempt to rescue a group of homeless mutants.

It’s Election Day and a new episode of The Gifted tonight. This week the origin of the Frost's is reveled.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2018 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

I heard today's episode will be even more satisfying if you go out and vote beforehand.

The Gifted's Skyler Samuels Teases the Frosts' 'Incredibly Traumatic' Backstory

This Tuesday, while you’re waiting for Election Night results to trickle in, The Gifted (Fox, 8/7c) not only serves up a new episode but one that promises to shed much light on the Frosts’ chilling backstory. “It was a big episode,” avows series regular Skyler Samuels, who with the help of stand-ins Amber Erwin and Rebecca Ray brings the Frosts to life. “It was like our biggest triplet challenge yet.”

Here, Samuels elaborates on the “awkward situation” that a headstrong Lorna puts Esme in this week, and the big reveals that come out of the pair’s gradual bonding. Plus, a handy guide to telling Esme apart from Sophie and Phoebe

https://tvline.com/2018/11/06/gifted...-origin-story/
    Interview with Skyler Samuels at the link.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks Juan. Looks interesting.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the Cuckoos flashbacks FOR SURE

Curious about the nature of the clash betwixt Polaris and Reeva Payge

Want to find out how the Underground deals with their first Purifier assault

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I heard today's episode will be even more satisfying if you go out and vote beforehand.
    This!!!!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lots of clips and stuff floating around out there. Seems like it'll be a pretty big episode for the Stepfords.

I might actually have to start rooting against Lorna in this show guys, sorry. If she ends up being against the cool people and their plans and is chickening out or "rats" to Marcos etc... I'm kind of done with her. Hope it doesn't happen

So far she has been very firm on the side that in my mind is more bold and heroic and if she remains there even with disagreements on TACTICS with Reeva... I'll continue to love her.

OBEY

And, here we go.

Esme needs to lie better and Lorna seriously over-reacted.

Three in one explained!
    Last edited by MaddieGrey; 11-06-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Whew this episode. Some highs and lows

Stepfords were great, and Skyler knocked it out of the park with her scenes. Poor Celeste and Mindee.

Polaris' reaction felt in character for me, but the way it was brought about was clunky.

Twist isn't well adjusted, and is in fact batshit crazy.

Nice seeing Lauren with some edge.

Was so excited for Shatter, but them killing him off was stupid. Now THIS was an unnecessary death. Couldn't they have just killed a made up Mutant? A real low point for me. IDK if he's really dead. The actor said we'd have to wait and see, but I still didn't care too much for it, and don't think the character will survive.

I wonder if we will see Graydon Creed on this show? That company has his last name.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 11-06-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    Esme needs to lie better and Lorna seriously over-reacted.

Three in one explained!
    Yeah Lorna went absolutely nuts on her for like... wanting to calm her baby down some? kind of ridiculous. But it did show how fierce Lorna can be I guess so it was pretty cool as a scene regardless.

Maybe the thing Marcos said "they're in your head" was getting to her? And now she is paranoid. Damn you Marcos!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Whew this episode. Some highs and lows

Stepfords were great, and Skyler knocked it out of the park with her scenes. Poor Celeste and Mindee.

Polaris' reaction felt in character for me, but the way it was brought about was clunky.

Twist isn't well adjusted, and is in fact batshit crazy.

Nice seeing Lauren with some edge.

Was so excited for Shatter, but them killing him off was stupid. Now THIS was an unnecessary death. Couldn't they have just killed a made up Mutant? A real low point for me. IDK if he's really dead. The actor said we'd have to wait and see, but I still didn't care too much for it, and don't think the character will survive.

I wonder if we will see Graydon Creed on this show? That company has his last name.
    Yeah Esme got huge development this episode and even Sophie and Phoebe seemed recalcitrant and contrite somewhat, interestingly.

Very disturbing flashbacks for them , glad the show acknowledged they used to be five. And it showed the kind of trauma they've been through, finally stating they are clones and not biological. Helps give some moral justification to their current brutal approach vs humans.

I liked Lorna seemed like a badass but I agree it was an extreme over reaction on her part and I'm glad she calmed down by the end of the episode and gets it more. Thank goodness. And it was nice her and Esme hanging out and doing surveillance together.

And yeah tons of people were speculating whether Twist would use her power on people... well that did not take long did it? I'm sad about this actually it makes Twist WAY too "loco". We'll have to find out what that ends up meaning for everyone around her, whether she can legitimately love Andy or is she "using" him and "playing a game" for herself somehow. I'm still unsure if Twist wants to fck up the INner Circle themselves or just humans, or just literally anyone at random like a mutant Joker.

And YES. LAUREN was the star of this episode even more than Esme or Lorna! YES Lauren go off girl. Finally you're starting to really get it. OMG I'm so happy for Lauren.

And yeah WTF they bring Shatter back to kill him the exact same episode. Sighs. At least he got to go out in a blaze of glory and crystallized a Purifier first, and gave his backstory to Reed

And yes Creed International, *very* interesting. Could just remain as a name or could become something more than a name.

Overall I think this episode was GREAT. Like a 9/10 or so. God I hope the ratings are decent... episode 5's ratings went UP over episode 4's (although not by much) maybe that continues... it pretty much has to....

It would be a shame for the fact this season started off with such slow boring episodes but is now really getting into some GOOD stuff for it to not get another season. Damn Matt Nix or whoever decided to make those first episodes so meandering and underwhelming

OBEY

BANNED

They're wasting a great Polaris. Excellent actress, has so much potential, and this season doesn't seem to recognize that.

Am I the only one disappointed that they used Mindee instead of Irma?

RIP S.P.I.C.E.

This was overall a strong episode. Better paced and balanced with an uptick of action then the past several. The focus on the Frost's certainly made the episode. Esme's moments with Lorna and the Frost's and the flashbacks were the highlight of the episode.

The actor that played Shatter really put his heart into that role last season from interviews, he is a really good guy and he wanted badly to have the character to show off what he could do powerwise at least once. Most of the Underground scenes were so so. The Purifiers grow closer to their comic depiction and merge Christian fundamentalists with the KKK.

In the end the strongest part of this episode was the Inner Circle having more to do and redirecting the prospective which has hard been on Andy to the Frost's, Lorna and Reeva.

In comes the rhinestones next week.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-06-2018 at 10:26 PM.