Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I'd be all for a New Avengers led by Wasp and/or Spectrum. Pick a couple mainstream characters to pull readers in (Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver perhaps), and from there build the remainder of the roster with some unexpected picks. Imagine Silk, Spider-Man 2099, Venom, Rocket Raccoon, Moonstone, Colossus, Shocker and/or Lightning on the Avengers. Despite a large portion of the MU having been one of the Avengers at some point, there are still many who haven't. It depends on the creative team of course, but even the most eclectic combination of characters could work.

Base them in Avengers Mansion now that the A-listers are living in a renovated Celestial corpse. Tackle some of the smaller scale threats (Count Nefaria, the Maggia, Squadron Sinister etc.) while Jason Aaron's Avengers take on the bigger threats.

Pepe Larraz and/or Russell Dauterman on art. Jonathan Hickman or Jim Zub on writing duties. It'd be a godsend
    I remember when count nefaria was a team buster of a team that contained thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I’m not sure it’s viable now, and I gave up on the Ultimate universe with Ultimatum, but bringing Millar’s Ultimates to the 616 could have been a big thing at one point.
    Well Guardians are also having a team with alternate realities characters like Moondragon and Phyla-vell that were dead in 616 universe then they could also do the same for Avengers as well .
    For the record IIRC they already brought the Maker in Venom series ,then i am pretty much sure they could bring some heroic characters from UU but it would be weird if they brought doppelgangers of UU LOL ...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I remember when Count Nefaria was a team buster of a team that contained Thor
    Yeah but the current Avengers are some of the biggest powerhouses, so even foes like Count Nefaria don't stand a chance. I'd be more interested in a ragtag team of heroes taking him on, and showcasing their abilities in some unique ways

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well Guardians are also having a team with alternate realities characters like Moondragon and Phyla-vell that were dead in 616 universe then they could also do the same for Avengers as well .
    For the record IIRC they already brought the Maker in Venom series ,then i am pretty much sure they could bring some heroic characters from UU but it would be weird if they brought doppelgangers of UU LOL ...
    Oh yeah, I’m sure they could bring them over, I just don’t think it’d make an impact now. During Millar’s first run, it was (for me) the best book Marvel we’re putting out but it was kinda destroyed and faded away. Don’t think it would generate the same hype/rage now that it would have back then?

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Maker was actually brought to 616 by Al Ewing, who used him in New Avengers and Ultimates. In Ultimates' finale, Maker brought back the original Ultimates (it was the 100th issue overall of that title). Cap got killed, but Hulk, Wasp, Giant-Man and Iron Man are now touring the multiverse dealing with the Maker in other realities (he was in them all, not just 616).

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think it would take some serious X-characters to really have that 'I can't believe this is happening!!!' kind of shakeup again. They even tried it with Uncanny Avengers... but Havok isn't that big a name and Rogue was the only real surprise. Wolverine and Scarlet Witch were already avengers...

But if you had a team shakeup with Colossus and Nightcrawler and maybe Storm or Cyclops mixed in with Captain America, Iron Man and Thor... that would be something.Not C-listers who have trouble getting a spot on a team... but actual legitimate fan draws, ala Wolverine back when. Everyone else either is, was, or is assumed to have been an avenger already.
    Storm was an Avenger briefly already, but left due to AVX.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-27-2018 at 02:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think thr only thing that could top Bendis NA in the shake up department is if marvel and dc had a crossover, and the Trinity for a story arc joined the Avengers.

That team was awesome. Bring them back! Especially Jessica Drew!

(Spider-Man was a reservist but had never actually been on the roster)
    Spidey was a FULL avenger for three issues before that. Cap asked him to join and he said yes. He was a full avenger.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

It's not the lineup. It's the writer. The last story arc was a shotgun blast of scenes that were poorly tied together. I think one of the things the writer should do is make sure the point of a scene is established sometime in its telling, I am not sure that Aaron achieved that. Now all he is left with is this Prehistoric Avengers idea that would make a great mini series, but really isn't a Avengers story in my mind.

The art has been good, but the writers need to remember that there is a necessity for a strong narrative voice to link things together. Someone needs to take a look at the combination of what is being written and what is being displayed in the art and check to see if it balances. Mark Waid on Doctor Strange is excellent at this, Al Ewing isn't bad at all(although some of his ideas are a little off...the direction he pushed Galactus didn't work for me but, Ultimates was still a well written book.). I think Jeff Lemuire would be great at writing Avengers, but he would need an artist that understood his approach. The penciller on Black Hammer, Dean Ormston, is a little too loose for Avengers (again, my opinion) but I would love to see them get a crack at the book.

When the writing and the art is balanced, its like magic.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That team was awesome. Bring them back! Especially Jessica Drew!
    You mean Bendis's NA first vol ? I wouldn't deny that was one of my favorite comic series but i think the plot of the superhero status made that team roster look really cool , especially after Civil War ......
    Not sure this team will look good now and like OP said it will really hard to shake things up for now

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maker was actually brought to 616 by Al Ewing, who used him in New Avengers and Ultimates. In Ultimates' finale, Maker brought back the original Ultimates (it was the 100th issue overall of that title). Cap got killed, but Hulk, Wasp, Giant-Man and Iron Man are now touring the multiverse dealing with the Maker in other realities (he was in them all, not just 616).
    Hmm i didn't knw that he was being already involved with Al Ewing's NA or Ultimates, since i haven't read any Avenger comic after ANAD started except for Avengers No Surrender , ANADA and UA titles but thanks for the info btw

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I was ecstatic about the return of the trinity. It's just gone absolutely NOWHERE.
    I had high hopes for them returning to the team together (given my dislike of Aaron's writing of thor I accept )

But I'm still waiting to be impressed by the book, so far ok but if I missed an issue I would not care a dot

I don't find the handling of the team engaging me yet, can't stand carol and tony here, Thors a joke character, cap and robbie are good, strange and T'challa have been ok but I find T'challa sone what arrogant and strange a pale version of the sorcerer supreme, this She-Hulk I find very dull, a pale copy of the hulk

ok but not close to a book I would miss

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    ok but not close to a book I would miss
    Yeah I dropped it after 3. Just wasn't feeling it. Books like Captain America and Punisher are on fire. Those are can't misses for me. I don't feel that with AVENGERS, which is a shame because it is THE Avengers book at the moment and I love Cap, Thor, and Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    It's not the lineup. It's the writer.
    That’s fair. Let’s assume Marvel gets [writer] to whip up a year of Avengers, and they get to drop or keep whatever heroes they want. Who do you, and they, pick?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I remember when count nefaria was a team buster of a team that contained thor
    first time I really thought they might lose

reread it recently and was happy as a Thor fan that he was coming back to the fight after a shaky first round but it was amazing to see someone really be at his level

till then I had only see Hulk do that