Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have thought for a while the govt should be the ones to really shake things up. First thing is the city of New York bars all heroes from having a headquaters in the city itself because of the years of property damage and being a target for attacks. This would mean the Avengers have to move out (along with the FF, and the X-Men). The second is the govt would come back in like they did in the 70's and 80's and basically say if the Avengers want to keep operating as a team they have to have more govt oversight. This would me having their identities on file and being somewhat trained. This would cause some members to quite. This wold also put the team under a little bit tighter leash.

Astonishing Member

I don´t even know if i want that the Avengers have another New Avengers type of shake up as they had with the first stories of Bendis.
    I like more when there are several popular type of comic books (As Spider-Man,Fantastic Four,X-Men...) that the comics having mostly one very strong brand as the Avengers and leaving the other comic books in lack of the best creators of comics.
    Plus with the way the Avengers line of comics have been recently developed,i was missing the Avengers stories being focused in just one comic book and having West Coast Avengers as well.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    ThatÂ’s fair. LetÂ’s assume Marvel gets [writer] to whip up a year of Avengers, and they get to drop or keep whatever heroes they want. Who do you, and they, pick?
    Hawkeye, Black Knight, Sersi, Photon, Finesse, Wasp(Janet Van Dyne), Blue Marvel and in some arcs, Thor and Dr. Strange.

I would try to keep the story lines down to three issues arcs.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    I would try to keep the story lines down to three issues arcs.
    But who would write?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    I think it would take something that would take at least the big 3 (Cap, Thor, Iron Man), if not the whole current team, off the field for at least a semi-permanent basis if not actually kill them off. I'm thinking something akin to what Jeff Lamire did with the team in Black Hammer over at Dark Horse. That way there is no "leadership" but the remaining superheros of Earth realize an Avengers is needed and have to come together to face a threat that would normally need the team.
    This was more or less the story for Avengers: No Surrender, if you recall? The big guns were all incapacitated by the GrandMaster, while the second-stringers (mostly) had to bond together in a HUGE team to take on a cosmic-level threat.

It was a great story, lots of fun, but it kind of showed how that wouldn't work in the long run...

BANNED

after Avengers 1000000 BC almost all variations of the team have been done. to truly shake up the avengers team on the new avengers level there would have to be a storyline like no more avengers where the memory of avengers banding together itself is erased along with the members throughout the multiiverse and the FF and x men defenders have to step up and take on those threats that avengers would have handled and meanwhile a team consisting of erased avengers who don't understand why they are existing even though no one remembers them after the purge could be recruited by the unseen or the contemplator or somebody to investigate what happened. it could be a nice way to reintroduce them to mu and new readers. if they go the new 52 route they could also make them young and retcon them to meeting for the first time once again all over again with the teams rich history gone!

A world with the Avengers history erased would have a massive butterfly effect:

• Captain America is never unfrozen.
    • Hawkeye, Black Widow, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch remain villains.
    • The Thunderbolts never get outed as being the Masters of Evil.
    • The Champions never form, as they're a splinter group from an Avengers team (and bear in mind, Falcon would not be Cap either, since he never met Steve) and therefore the founding three don't know each other. As a result Nova remains with the New Warriors.
    • The Young Avengers also never assembled.

And that's not even taking into account the villains who have to be handled by other heroes. Some scenarios would probably mean a defeat for a solo hero instead of a victory for the Avengers, and that would have major repercussions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

they of course would have to return but the team history could be rebooted after the crisis passes over and a infinity warps like iteration of reality could be shown to be the new mu where the avengers could begin all over again and changes could be made in who would be the founding members, reason for coming together order of joining for some members, prominence of some members their tenure etc. then a infinity gauntlet or cosmic cube can prepare us for the eventual painful "rebirth" of the true or restored reality however come to think of it this all sounds like a variation of heroes reborn not to mention that Marvel wouldn't make the mistake of following in DC's footsteps in such a manner so never mind.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-30-2018 at 01:02 PM.

I'm trying to think if some version of the team outside of the latest Uncanny Avengers ever operated without any of the original five OR the first three additions. So maybe a new line up without any of Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Hank Pym, Quicksilver, Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch. I know that's probably not that exciting to think about but the way I think about it these are the characters the teams have always centered around, along with some of the later additions from the 60's. I'd like to see some of the newer editions from the "classic" era try to work within a team of their own. I know Black Widow, Black Panther, Spectrum, Vision, She Hulk, Ms/Captain Marvel, Wonder Man, Falcon, Black Knight and Hercules have been mainstays but they've always had more senior members to "core" the team for a lack of a better word. If you really wanted to go further in that line of thought take characters that joined in the mid to late 80's and beyond. A team for consisting of Sersi, Lightening, Firestar, Justice, Quasar, Crystal, Triathalon, and Stingray if Marvel ignores his death. They're all, for all their strengths, junior members. See how they manage to come into their own as Avengers mainstays.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A world with the Avengers history erased would have a massive butterfly effect:

• Captain America is never unfrozen.
    • Hawkeye, Black Widow, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch remain villains.
    • The Thunderbolts never get outed as being the Masters of Evil.
    • The Champions never form, as they're a splinter group from an Avengers team (and bear in mind, Falcon would not be Cap either, since he never met Steve) and therefore the founding three don't know each other. As a result Nova remains with the New Warriors.
    • The Young Avengers also never assembled.

And that's not even taking into account the villains who have to be handled by other heroes. Some scenarios would probably mean a defeat for a solo hero instead of a victory for the Avengers, and that would have major repercussions.
    Avengers didn't play a part in Wanda/ Pietro fleeing from Magneto, they would probably join X-Men or remain as civilians.
    Also there would not be that vacuum T-Bolts got to fill in the first place.

The Avengers would need to settle before you tried to shake them up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The Avengers would need to settle before you tried to shake them up.
    LOL Yeah that's so true , the way Aaron is showing as jobbing dynamism in front Hulk , Sentry and in the end Namor (especailly) , it looks like they are really unsettled.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Also there would not be that vacuum T-Bolts got to fill in the first place.
    Yes there would. The Fantastic Four were gone as well, the T-Bolts took over their headquarters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman