Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Recently a Brazilian SUV commercial starring the characters from the show was released.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    From what I hear the sales sank a bit too low for it to continue as an ongoing. There were plans to have Rogers continue with some miniseries, but schedules didn't really work out. After a while there were enough internal changes within WOTC, and IDW that the comics were passed onto other creators. Current Jim Zub pens the main line of DnD comics featuring a recurring party in the Forgotten Realms. Every now, and then there's a separate mini as well.
    That party including Minsc, a character from the Baldur's Gate PC game mentioned earlier. Zub must love that guy, he shaved his head last week to cosplay him at the official D&D con, where he announced a couple of new minis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That party including Minsc, a character from the Baldur's Gate PC game mentioned earlier. Zub must love that guy, he shaved his head last week to cosplay him at the official D&D con, where he announced a couple of new minis.
    And not only that, but when Chris Perkins introduced the concept of Double Disadvantage, he went ahead and succeeded anyway. Zub as Minsc was a delight. Matt Mercer as Boo was awesome as well.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Recently a Brazilian SUV commercial starring the characters from the show was released.

Okay, that was pretty awesome. With the on again, off again talk of a new live-action D&D, I've always thought the best route for a film about the Realms of DnD was a live action adaptation of the series. With Venger, the show's Big Bad, being played by Jason Issacs.

An adaptation of the series could work, a few updates might be needed but that's only if they don't want to have the real world set in the '80s. But I think the core concept of normal people being transported into one of D&D's many settings in general is the right way to go. Personally I would go full Jumanji, and have 4 teenagers find an old copy of the game and have them transported to Greyhawk or the Forgotten Realms. I think a smaller cast than that of the cartoon would lend itself well to a screenplay, and you can have the more classic party make up of: Warrior, Rogue, Spellcaster, and Healer.

Jason Issacs can still play the villain.

That commercial was insane! They actually had pretty good production values for it, and played it straight, and not for satire or camp.
    I wonder who came up with this and how they approached Wizards of the Coast for the licensing rights. Wow. Incredible. Even if nothing else comes of this, it's still astounding.

I'd imagine the legality of it could be resolved by Disney seeing that the cartoon was still incredibly popular in Brazil, and SA in general. Makes for some potentially solid nostalgia sales. It's like a significantly more elaborate version of the anime Ford Fusion ads they ran a few years ago in NA.