Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boba Fett film definitely not happening

I wouldn't call it canceled really, as there was never any major confirmation of it being made in the first place. (Ditto with Obi-Wan) Plus with Solo flopping the story/anthology films are pretty much on hold regardless.

We're getting the Mandalorian TV show of course, which is pretty much built on Fett's mystique anyway, so there's that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Thus.... it is saved.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

Good, Boba Fett sucks.

Ultimate Member

That's good to hear.

I never really had any interest in Boba Fett to be honest.

Maybe they are starting to learn that releasing a film per year is unproductive.

iMan 42s

It's both relieving and disappointing to me because the interest is there, but with the way Star Wars fans currently are and what happened leading up to Solo's release, I'm not surprised Disney killed it.

Also worth mentioning is the landscape for a Fett movie is not there. A lot of the problem Solo faced around it's release besides the JO from people who hated TLJ weirdly enough was that it went up against several other big names. It was a big year for summer films and even this winter has some big releases. So waiting until these franchises die down a little and the Sequel JO stops a bit is probably for the best. It also allows Disney time to refine tastes for any potential film seeing as it's going to be about 2 years or so following 9 that we know anything definitive.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fett is moved to television given the current TV push, but I guess we'll see where the landscape is going post-Mando. Although if The Mandolorian is popular it might land itself a TV show and if it can't get Morrison to voice Fett, Baker is still the clone voice they use.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Are we sure that people did not mistake the Mandalorian TV show for the Fett movie and it was never going to happen in the first place?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just do Boba Fett vs Maul as a Disney Play mini series. That’ll work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Are we sure that people did not mistake the Mandalorian TV show for the Fett movie and it was never going to happen in the first place?
    Yeah, there were never any serious plans to make such a movie; it was just a rumor that people latched onto.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

There's a rumor that it also would have involved the other EMPIRE bounty hunters, which isn't that surprising as they used to show up in pretty much everything Boba Fett related-Shadows of the Empire, Bounty Hunter Wars, Dark Empire, Fett's arc on Clone Wars etc.

Dengar and Bossk also appear in JEDI in Jabba's palace and sail barge as well (although the Aftermath novels make it clear that at least Dengar survived)....and Bossk is name dropped in Solo as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's a rumor that it also would have involved the other EMPIRE bounty hunters, which isn't that surprising as they used to show up in pretty much everything Boba Fett related-Shadows of the Empire, Bounty Hunter Wars, Dark Empire, Fett's arc on Clone Wars etc.

Dengar and Bossk also appear in JEDI in Jabba's palace and sail barge as well (although the Aftermath novels make it clear that at least Dengar survived)....and Bossk is name dropped in Solo as well.
    I've never been able to find the two in that movie.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I've never been able to find the two in that movie.
    Dengar can be seen in the background when Luke is speaking with Jabba, and Bossk can be seen in the background aboard the sail barge. Amusingly enough we can also see somebody in the Greedo suit messing with a panel when R2 and 3PO come into the palace.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Dengar can be seen in the background when Luke is speaking with Jabba, and Bossk can be seen in the background aboard the sail barge. Amusingly enough we can also see somebody in the Greedo suit messing with a panel when R2 and 3PO come into the palace.
    Interesting. Funny that the Legends tie-in never did anything with that; to the best of my knowledge, Legends Bossk was never at Jabba's Palace in it's iteration of ROTJ and while Dengar was there in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters anthology, it was an important plot point that he was gone by the time Luke arrived.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, there were never any serious plans to make such a movie; it was just a rumor that people latched onto.
    Kathleen Kennedy herself said the movie was dead.
    http://collider.com/boba-fett-movie-cancelled/

That wouldn't happen if it's existence was just a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy herself said the movie was dead.
    http://collider.com/boba-fett-movie-cancelled/

That wouldn't happen if it's existence was just a rumor.
    Okay then.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)