Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member

Actually in the current seasons Raj can talk to women without being drunk and I always viewed Apu as not being an accurate representation of all Indians, all of the characters are portrayed as going overboard in one way or another...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    IMO comparing film representation of Indians with Blacks and I'm using the word blacks simply because I'm counting all people worldwide who would be categorized as Black not just African Americans isn't a fair comparison because Blacks don't have the equivalent of Bollywood. While there are film industries in countries where blacks are the majority there is nothing with the international reach as Hollywood so blacks are forced to look to Hollywood for representation. Hispanics, Indians, French, UK Members, Italians, Scandinavians, Russians, Germans, Middle East, and Asians all have massive film industries from Various countries which Hollywood takes notes from even and offers worldwide representation. Which is why I feel that's a different situation.
    This is partially correct.

However, Nollywood (Nigeria’s film industry) is the third largest in the world and it’s growing fast.

Nigerian movies make more money than American movies in that country and are massive on the continent (with the obvious exceptions of movies like Black Panther). Nigerians (and Africans) don’t really have a problem with seeing themselves represented right now.
    Last edited by Username taken; 10-30-2018 at 02:00 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    And let's get rid of them all.
    Why? They are funny. Comedy can be mean sometimes. So what? This snow flake stuff where no one can be offended or have their feelings hurt is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    But do you agree this show is a product of it's time and has no place/business being in this century when we have Bojack Horseman, Bob's Burgers etc. being the true successors of the Simpsons while The Simpsons is like an old pet you love, but needs to be put down.
    It doesn't need to be put down, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should cease to exist. While I agree that it's way past its prime, a bad episode of The Simpsons is still better than a lot of TV out there. There isn't a finite amount of cartoons that are allowed to co-exist at any one time, it has just as much business still being on the air as anything else.

Enough derail. Unless you have something to add about the Apu issue, please move along.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)