Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt from Dynamite in 2019

Well, Dynamite is relaunching another past series again.

PETER CANNON: THUNDERBOLT #1
    Price: $3.99
    Rating: Mature
    Cover A: Sean Phillips
    Cover B: Dave McCaig
    Cover C: Butcher Billy
    Cover D: Paulina Ganucheau
    Cover E: Caspar Wijngaard
    Writer: Kieron Gillen
    Art: Caspar Wijingaard
    Page Count: 32 Page
    ON SALE DATE: 1/16/2019
    His level of genius is matched only by his heroics, and in humanity’s darkest hour, he’s the hero they need the most—alas, poor humanity. Peter Cannon—the man known as Thunderbolt—is only too happy to leave civilization to face its end. Kieron Gillen (The Wicked + the Divine) teams up with powerhouse artist Caspar Wijngaard (Doctor Aphra) as he returns to the superhero genre with a dark, humorous and relentless love song to the genre.
    Well, "Love Song" in a Leonard Cohen Love Song kind of way. Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt: saving a world he hates.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42470-dyna...citations.html

Wonder if Dynamite will wind up revealing this is really a mini-/limited-series instead of an on-going series after a few months?

All of Dynamite's titles are limited series. 5-25 issues in length. Seriously most only last one to two arcs. At least Dynamite isn't jumping from license to license and instead are retooling what they have rights to publish.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Peter Cannon is one of those characters I've got a soft spot for.

Really wish Dynamite would take this as an opportunity to reprint a HC or trade collection of the original Charlton run. That's something I'd definitely buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Really wish Dynamite would take this as an opportunity to reprint a HC or trade collection of the original Charlton run. That's something I'd definitely buy.
    I'm not sure if Dynamite has the license to reprint the older material. Those licensing agreements could sometimes allow the usage of a character for new material only, not for previously published work done by other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm not sure if Dynamite has the license to reprint the older material. Those licensing agreements could sometimes allow the usage of a character for new material only, not for previously published work done by other companies.
    That's true. It'd still be good if Dynamite could get permission to reprint that material. I don't think it's ever been collected. A nice HC would be an instant purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    That's true. It'd still be good if Dynamite could get permission to reprint that material. I don't think it's ever been collected. A nice HC would be an instant purchase for me.
    Wouldn't that be something companies like IDW or Hermes Press would be more likely to do? Has Dynamite done many/any hardcover collections?