Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, I think this pretty much proves that Marvel doesn't want Logan to be in any long-term relationship. Or writers can't make him be in one. Pick any of the two.
    Is probably both Marvel Editorial and the writers not wanting him in a long term romance. Is very weird that for anti-heroes to have that honestly, usually writers prefer giving then one-time hook ups, Gambit is the only execption that i can think of at the moment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

How many times has Jean and Logan gotten together in some alternate reality?

Jean and Logan is the best example of what could have been in another lifetime. Only make sense the main continuity kept on flirting with the idea while she was married and committed to Cyclops.

In my opinion, Logan and Jean never had much potential imo. Mariko and Logan is much better.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    In my opinion, Logan and Jean never had much potential IMO. Mariko and Logan is much better.
    100% with you on this one. Now that Mariko is back, I hope that's the route that Soule (or whoever's writing Logan next) takes.

Ultimate Member

Imho Jean and Logan have always had a lot of potential, Marvel just had Scott in the way...but now he's gone so...

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is probably both Marvel Editorial and the writers not wanting him in a long term romance. Is very weird that for anti-heroes to have that honestly, usually writers prefer giving then one-time hook ups, Gambit is the only exception that i can think of at the moment.
    Marvel is just hard on relationships in general. Least in the X-Office.

You have the current writer saying that stable couples don't make for entertainment.

So we have casual hookups or long-term abusive / toxic relationships. And if not one of those, the ship will have someone getting killed at some point. Though there's exceptions now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    How many times has Jean and Logan gotten together in some alternate reality?

Jean and Logan is the best example of what could have been in another lifetime. Only make sense the main continuity kept on flirting with the idea while she was married and committed to Cyclops.
    Two times, RYV (wicth almost everyone agrees that it sucked) and Age of Apcalypse (wicth i like, but is an entirely different situation, plus it ended in tragedy).

Also a what if that ends with Jean destroying earth as Phoenix, ouch....

Not really the best trackrecord.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    In my opinion, Logan and Jean never had much potential imo. Mariko and Logan is much better.
    This

10 char.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Two times, RYV (wicth almost everyone agrees that it sucked) and Age of Apcalypse (wicth i like, but is an entirely different situation, plus it ended in tragedy).

Also a what if that ends with Jean destroying earth as Phoenix, ouch....

Not really the best trackrecord.
    There was that What If? AvX.

There was that What If? AvX.
    Shhhh... we don't speak about that one.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Shhhh... we don't speak about that one.
    Hey, it's not my fault that the three AU's where Jogan was a thing, one was a steaming pile of garbage What If? somehow worse than the steaming pile of garbage original story, one was 'where Jean left Scott because Scott believed in her' level of stupidity, and the last one is where Jean leaves Logan and was a pretty F-ed up AU world to begin with.

If writers can't do Jogan properly even in AU, why does anyone think they can do it well in 616?

Hey, it's not my fault that the three AU's where Jogan was a thing, one was a steaming pile of garbage What If? somehow worse than the steaming pile of garbage original story, one was 'where Jean left Scott because Scott believed in her' level of stupidity, and the last one is where Jean leaves Logan and was a pretty F-ed up AU world to begin with.

If writers can't do Jogan properly even in AU, why does anyone think they can do it well in 616?
    I know but i almost erased it from my memory dude, why you were so cruel?!!!!.

As for Au, i mantain my stance with AoA Jean and Weapon X, but nothing more, i think that Logan and Jean are better as friend/teamates or whatever platonic/non-romantic/sexual label you want to put then.

Honestly, most Wolverine fans don't care and althougth don't dislike Logan as much as other fanbases, is pretty clear that most of then aren't into it either. So, i think that is just not worth the time to explore it.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Look most writers screw up couples.

i would ask the same for Jott, it got screwed up badly, there is no reason to see it again

why what if avx is so awful?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Look most writers screw up couples.

i would ask the same for Jott, it got screwed up badly, there is no reason to see it again
    Except that Jott has tons of good and great stories. Even in AUs. While Jogan has none.
    why what if avx is so awful?
    It's badly written nonsense. Magneto takes Phoenix instead of Scott, everything goes to shit. Logan is in the right because reasons. It ends with Jean/Phoenix reviving Logan and they become the new Adam and Eve or something. That ending comes out of absolutely nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Imho Jean and Logan have always had a lot of potential, Marvel just had Scott in the way...but now he's gone so...
    Jean loved Scott dearly. she was attracted to Logan's bad boy persona but it wasn't love. I liked their friendship (Jean/Logan).