View Poll Results: Would you buy a New 52 Superman book if DC published it?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

22 30.99%
  • No.

31 43.66%
  • Depends on the circumstances (explain in post)

18 25.35%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Would you buy a New 52 Superman book if DC brought him back?

With Didio bringing back the New 52 Superman in the pages of Sideways, we might get him back in some form. Given this, if DC decided to publish a New 52 Superman book, would you buy it? If so, what circumstances would you want to see him in? His own universe? Alongside the main Superman? Do you want him to develop flight and get the armor? Do you want him to keep the jeans and shirt? What do you want to see happen to the New 52 Superman?
    Assassinate Putin!

Nope. I only jumped into comics when I heard about Rebirth Superman and Lois.

As with all things it would depend on the circumstances. Who's the creative team? What's the premise?

I am a huge fan of t-shirt Superman and what that version did and said about Superman as a whole. I friggin adored the modern day Golden Age fusion and a big part of me would've been fine if "Bruce Springsteen Superman" had stuck around and been DC's main version of Superman (at least for a while). So any book with him is going to get a first issue no matter what. Past that it would depend entirely on the quality of the title. I won't read a crappy comic just because I like how another person wrote the character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Question

If he's with Wonder Woman (as I found the dynamic between the two intriguing) I would, otherwise no.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-27-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Don't see why not. Much as I grouse about my pull list, I would totally push a title out for a full length Superman of any sort. It'd have to prove unsavory for me to change my mind.

Without a second thought. To at least give it a chance, its really hard to imagine any situation which would prevent me from it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-27-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

If we are getting the early Morrison hero from Action Comics #1-18, I'm there. This was an almost perfect Superman story, in my opinion. If we skip the 5 year jump and see this guy evolve into his own Superman, I couldn't ask for a better story to follow.

If it is the guy from Truth, I'm gone unless it is simply a follow-up from that with a new creative team and direction. The character took a nose dive for me with this arc and I'd never submit myself to that type of story again. I'd be willing to give them a chance if it was a series by different people but picking up where "Last Days" began with Superman's identity revealed and his relationship with Diana in question (as to whether it continued or not).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I firmly believe that Truth was designed to sabotage the New 52 Superman and turn people against him to pave the way for Superdad to take over. Didio seems to be trying to start from scratch with the T-shirt and jeans Superman. Now, whether or not they plan to do anything with him after that, I don't know. I'm assuming that if he does do anything with him, it will start from there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I firmly believe that Truth was designed to sabotage the New 52 Superman and turn people against him to pave the way for Superdad to take over....
    You could be right. The Truth was not a good storyline in any way, shape or form. I especially hated how that version of Lois was the one who outed Nuperman. I don't believe Lois, Jimmy, Perry or any member of Superman's traditional supporting cast would do such a thing to him no matter the reality (assuming their bond with him as well as their celebrated character traits remain intact).
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-27-2018 at 09:23 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It would completely depend on the creative team. I think the T-shirt and jeans social crusader Superman is something with a lot of potential. However, only TWO creators were able to do anything worthwhile with the concept.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Like others said, I need to know the creative team. as much as I liked new 52 supes, he had a lot of mediocre writers that made it hard to care for reading his books at times.

Going to continue what others have said, it depends on the creative team. Morrison writing? Day 1 baby. I’d also read it if Yang was writing, since Superman editorial has changed and I’m convinced editorial was the reason his previous run flopped. Pak writing? Eh maybe, I wasn’t too impressed with his first run but I’d give him another chance. Lobdell writing? **** no and I love his RHatO run.

BANNED

Keep him in the t-shirt and jeans, though I don't think the social crusader thing is a good long-term fit....give it maybe two years tops and move him more into a different role, and keep him away from Diana...put him with Lana or something, and make him earn his relationship with Lois over time.

Yes, no matter what, but I would vastly prefer that the whole New 52 history be acknowledged for this Superman, outed identity and all.

And please D.C., don't pair him with his world's Lois. Rehasing again, and again, and again, the same story beats is why Superman is so stale.

New 52 Superman best friend is Lana Lang, and the woman he loves is Diana Prince.

We’ll see.

We’ll see.
    Pull List: Currently Empty