Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
A sidebar is that this Superman still can't remember what Earth he is from, and that's one of the things resolved when the event ends.
I was thinking about that, and I have a theory. Apologies if this has already been talked about somewhere, or if it was even explained in Sideways (which I had to read quickly between homework sessions and I missed an issue just as this whole adventure started).

Nuperman and Superdad were merged into one being, right? With the majority of New52 tossed aside, including his t-shirt origin story. So what if Sideways Superman is the stuff that got cast off from the merger? That Nuperman, along with all the ties to his world and history, would be a kind of "broken reality fragment" and broken reality fragments sink back into the dark multiverse to be recycled. So that covers (unless I missed something) all the bases for how Nuperman ended up in the dark multiverse, why he doesn't remember large chunks of his past, why he doesn't have the armor and why he's (seemingly?) back to Golden Age-ish power levels.

But again, I didn't pay a lot of attention when reading it and that lost issue (I swear its in a box around here somewhere) might have already explained some of this.