Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Imma keep it buck: I don't think I'd want to read about another Clark Kent on either another world or sharing Earth-0.

Morrison drew us a whole multiverse map, put up a number of Supermen, and even wrote a whole issue on one. I'd much rather read about President Superman, Chris Kent of Earth 16, or the resurrected Optiman. I'd even check out a Val-Zod joint. Their own stories in the freshest and newest ways possible.
    I dunno man, I think there's enough differences in a t-shirt Superman (potentially, I mean) to make him stand out against a "regular flavor" main canon Superman.

The t-shirt is definitely a different visual, the Golden Age powers are different, and if you run with a Truth thing where Clark's identity is out, that's a pretty big departure too. I think it's got legs to stand on, as a alt-reality version of Superman. Give him an earth of his own and go nuts.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

What you could do is have two of them sharing an apartment together. One's messy and the other one's clean. Why hasn't anyone ever made a TV show about this before?
    Assassinate Putin!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dunno man, I think there's enough differences in a t-shirt Superman (potentially, I mean) to make him stand out against a "regular flavor" main canon Superman.

The t-shirt is definitely a different visual, the Golden Age powers are different, and if you run with a Truth thing where Clark's identity is out, that's a pretty big departure too. I think it's got legs to stand on, as a alt-reality version of Superman. Give him an earth of his own and go nuts.
    I'm not saying there aren't distinctions between the two, no. I'm saying that I've already had a fairly honest go at the New 52 Superman, and I dug it, I dug it a lot, but if someone asked me what alternate Superman I'd like to read about alongside the current Earth-0 one now? I'm picking the one where he's the president of the United States, the one where he's the socialite son of the original guy, even and honest go at Val-Zod, hell, I could really go for a comic about the straight up pacifist Sunshine Superman, or even an honest continuation of the Hugo Danner-like Hernan Guerra.

Or, like JAK suggested, I want an anthology about all of them and more. A Straight up Supermen of the Multiverse book played like the old digital Adventure of Superman book from a few years back. Just drop us into a world from the Multiverse map (or even somewhere new) and go ham. Visit a old as often or as little as you like.

It's really either or for me. While I really dig the idea of the T shirt and jeans Superman and thought that past could've held its own book just fine--great even--alongside his 5 years later self in the New 52, I'm not as hungry for it now when the real possibility really different (in race, name, background, social standing) alt Supermen holding a book is now more prevalent. Like, I can't just go for Clark Kent but with a chip on his shoulder, anti-establishment, dressed down, and maybe dating a version of Wonder Woman now. I can't do that when there's a possibility for a black president Superman who struggles with the shady ethics of his work, the screwed up son of Superman ill prepared to following in his dad's footsteps, the pacifist hippy Superman how would that look like today's climate?!), or the Superman born of migrant works trying not to lose his soul to his Ian Rand-like instincts.

That's where I'm coming at this from.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-30-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I agreed with the OP completely until it got to the "same earth" part. Yeah, they COULD have played around with the idea of two Supermen being active between Convergence and Rebirth, but they chose not to, even though that was the perfect time to do it. Now? After all this time spent establishing one definitive Superman on Earth 0? It would be pretty pointless.

I'd love to see the New 52 T-shirt Superman on his own earth. Maybe they could take him in directions they could never take him when he was 'destined' to become the more tempered and slightly "closer to Classic" present-day New 52 Superman. This Superman could maybe truly be the anti-establishment hero who shakes up the status quo. This Clark could maybe truly become a blogger or some kind of grass-roots activist. And with his relatively limited powers, he could spend most of his time dealing with credible human threats.

I'm not saying there aren't distinctions between the two, no. I'm saying that I've already had a fairly honest go at the New 52 Superman, and I dug it, I dug it a lot, but if someone asked me what alternate Superman I'd like to read about alongside the current Earth-0 one now? I'm picking the one where he's the president of the United States, the one where he's the socialite son of the original guy, even and honest go at Val-Zod, hell, I could really go for a comic about the straight up pacifist Sunshine Superman, or even an honest continuation of the Hugo Danner-like Hernan Guerra.

Or, like JAK suggested, I want an anthology about all of them and more. A Straight up Supermen of the Multiverse book played like the old digital Adventure of Superman book from a few years back. Just drop us into a world from the Multiverse map (or even somewhere new) and go ham. Visit a old as often or as little as you like.

It's really either or for me. While I really dig the idea of the T shirt and jeans Superman and thought that past could've held its own book just fine--great even--alongside his 5 years later self in the New 52, I'm not as hungry for it now when the real possibility really different (in race, name, background, social standing) alt Supermen holding a book is now more prevalent. Like, I can't just go for Clark Kent but with a chip on his shoulder, anti-establishment, dressed down, and maybe dating a version of Wonder Woman now. I can't do that when there's a possibility for a black president Superman who struggles with the shady ethics of his work, the screwed up son of Superman ill prepared to follow and to following in his dad's footsteps, the pacifist hippy Superman (would would that look like today?!), or the Superman born of migrant works trying not to lose his soul to his Ian Rand-like instincts.

I'm in the same camp as Superlad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’d be more interesting in reading about earth 2 golden age Batman. Kal-El and Kal L are different but not different enough. With a earth 2 golden age Batman, maybe he was raised by his uncle instead of Alfred, who’s fat wannabe detective Alfred Beagle, is more willing to kill like in golden age, married to Catwoman (might have demand now after this whole Tom King thing), Dick as an adult Robin instead of Nightwing and has Helena instead of Damian.
    I'd totally be down for a mini-series or something set on some version of classic Earth 2!

Hell, I wouldn't mind some kind of crossover either...

Us Superman fans. Even divided on the type of alternate Superman we want.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I do have one caveat to this idea that makes it different from the "Adventures of Superman" book: they need to name their universes/era's and stick with their various framework, with maybe New52 being a slight exception since many feel it was sabotaged. That way, you KNOW that you're getting different Supermen, and which one they are, so you know what "the score" is in that universe and how things work. Kinda like an ongoing "Retroactive" line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    HA!! That's perfectly said. Yep... WB is the gift that keeps on giving. lol
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I do have one caveat to this idea that makes it different from the "Adventures of Superman" book: they need to name their universes/era's and stick with their various framework, with maybe New52 being a slight exception since many feel it was sabotaged. That way, you KNOW that you're getting different Supermen, and which one they are, so you know what "the score" is in that universe and how things work. Kinda like an ongoing "Retroactive" line.
    Ya'll know I'd be down for something like this, but if I had my way? I'd bring back the Supermen of the multiverse. Anyone remember the Superman Squadron from Grounded or Final Crisis? Yeah, I'd like to see the Supermen we're all talking about.....on a team together. Because hell yeah.

I mean, the only person who could write that would be Morrison, and he'd probably have to get back on drugs to dream up ideas wild enough for this group, but......well, sacrifices must be made for the glory of the House of El, ammirite?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I got ya now. No worries.

Sunshine Superman sure would make for a great mini.......and you guys know I love me some Calvin Ellis!

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This whole "sharing one character" thing isn't quite panning out.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ya'll know I'd be down for something like this, but if I had my way? I'd bring back the Supermen of the multiverse. Anyone remember the Superman Squadron from Grounded or Final Crisis? Yeah, I'd like to see the Supermen we're all talking about.....on a team together. Because hell yeah.

I mean, the only person who could write that would be Morrison, and he'd probably have to get back on drugs to dream up ideas wild enough for this group, but......well, sacrifices must be made for the glory of the House of El, ammirite?
    LOL! Right!

As for Supermen of the Multiverse - I love that idea, too! Actually, you could have that be part of the concept I'd mentioned (maybe an annual each year?)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/