View Poll Results: When Scott returns, who should he get back together with?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

53 39.26%
  • Emma

32 23.70%
  • Neither

50 37.04%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Rectangle Poll Fall 2018: when Scott returns, Jott, Scemma, or neither?

Over the last couple of weeks, Jott vs. Scemma discussion has flared up again, both in The Rectangle thread and on the character appreciation threads, as people speculate on what will happen when Marvel brings Scott back. While my opinion and those of the usual suspects on both sides are well known and haven't changed, I'm curious as to how the broader forum headcount stacks up. We have more than few lurkers around here, and it's been a while since one of these polls.

When Scott comes back, should he get back together with Jean, Emma, or neither? If neither, is there someone else you want to see him with? Or, do you want to see him single for a while?

For those of you who've been around this forum a while, has your position changed over time? If so, how? Why?

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

You should have an "I don't know, but definitely one of those two" option. I honestly can't decide.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It's really complicated.
    Marvel pushed Jott pretty hard this year, so i would like to think they still have a chance but we also know Jean will date someone else the next six months so it's difficult to know what will happen.
    Pr5.jpg
    Marvel also seems to want emma to be a villain or at least in antagonistic role, which also complicates things for her and scott.

I honestly prefer not to think much about this stuff and let things flow.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-28-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Should have made it a public poll. Anytime there's a closed poll you'd notice the numbers increase dramatically. Meaning sock puppets. But when you have an open polll the max votes you'll get is 100 total and you can see they're all users who are here forever and post as opposed to users who registered today
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-28-2018 at 07:55 AM.

I'll take a front seat and see how this thread goes...
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Astonishing Member

Scott and Jean mainly because I dont want to see Jean and Logan.

I voted neither. The thread has become a little too preoccupied with ships, and I think it would do Scott good to be properly single and away from the X-Men. There is so much that happened during Jean's absence and there's so much that the X-Men have to work through with Scott and Jean shouldn't be able to wave it all away. It wouldn't be a healthy foundation for a relationship or healthy for Scott.

Emma? I think if he went back to her it would have to be because he refuses to work with the X-Men - but I don't think he would actively pursue a relationship with her. And maybe that doesn't sit right with Jean but it's not her decision.

Ultimately it all depends on when they're bringing Scott back and what exactly they want his character to be - but I don't want him involved in cheap love drama.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

This is tough. I chose Emma but I really want to see Jott too
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

BANNED

I chose neither. Scott was single during 4 or 5 years after AvX and, as much as I support Jott, I'd rather let him be that way a bit longer. We already had years of Tyke orbiting around Jeen like a lovesick puppy and Cyclops would get the same treatment, probably, since Jean has been dead for more than a decade and they're trying to compensate.

Have him want to get back together with Jean but have her reject him in favor of being single and/or exploring other options

As far as Emma

Fantastic Member

My stance is really complicated as my view on the characters has shifted a great deal.

Reading X-Men Red and re-reading past storylines with the Jean character has shown me that she really is a layered character. For all her power, she still has a pretty naive view of the world and a pretty guileless approach to life, this is unusual considering her line of work. She tends to think things are going to work out. Even after all that happened, the sordid and (for her) humiliating manner in which her marriage ended, she's still in love with Scott Summers. I will be interested in seeing how she reacts when she realizes he is no longer in love with her (and in hind sight, never really was).

The Cyclops - Emma Frost half of the equation doesn't really interest me. She'll take whatever he's willing to give. If he wanted her to wear a red wig and let him call her Jean, she would (oh wait, lol, that's their norm).

I think ultimately, I might want Cyclops with someone new.

BANNED

Any character, except Jean. No matter who: Medusa, Wanda, Mystique, Selene, Cassandra Nova, Morgana Le Fay, Hela or the devil himself.
    Because we know well that Jean will always carry Logan in her luggage. She always did and always will.

Neither.

Jott already ended 14 years ago. Scott screwed badly the relationship with Jean. He doesnt deserves her

Scemma started pretty bad, reads as a middle aged men fantasy.

if i had to choose, i would go with scemma. priority is jean free of Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have him want to get back together with Jean but have her reject him in favor of being single and/or exploring other options
    I'm going to disagree with you here for a few, hopefully legitimate, reasons:

1. If Jean wants to be single, that's fine, but all signs point to her pursuing him not the other way around. He has ample reasons not to pursue her - I'm not saying that this dynamic is right or fair, just that it's there.
    2. If Jean is in favor of exploring other options, she can do so immediately - she doesn't need for Scott to return to say it to his face.
    3. If Scott wants to be with Jean but she rejects him, any good that he experiences while away from her before their inevitable re-coupling wouldn't have been his choice. I want him to rehabilitate from the mess that was his life when he died, and a failed pursuit of Jean would diminish that.

Basically, if they are to remain apart, I would rather it be mutual and respectful - enough with the "building up one character at the expense of another" tactics.

I also think it's interesting that there's this notion that Jean is always used to bolster Scott and his narrative, but she is as inescapable to him as he is to her it seems. The second that Jean was on her way back, Marvel began to disparage Scemma and paint Scott as unable to move on - even before that, Jean's shadow loomed over him. Phoenix Resurrection gave us a bargain-bin reconciliation and all signs point to Jott being endgame - but whether we get there neatly or not is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As far as Emma

Any particular reason you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you here for a few, hopefully legitimate, reasons:

1. If Jean wants to be single, that's fine, but all signs point to her pursuing him not the other way around. He has ample reasons not to pursue her - I'm not saying that this dynamic is right or fair, just that it's there.
    2. If Jean is in favor of exploring other options, she can do so immediately - she doesn't need for Scott to return to say it to his face.
    3. If Scott wants to be with Jean but she rejects him, any good that he experiences while away from her before their inevitable re-coupling wouldn't have been his choice. I want him to rehabilitate from the mess that was his life when he died, and a failed pursuit of Jean would diminish that.

Basically, if they are to remain apart, I would rather it be mutual and respectful - enough with the "building up one character at the expense of another" tactics.

I also think it's interesting that there's this notion that Jean is always used to bolster Scott and his narrative, but she is as inescapable to him as he is to her it seems. The second that Jean was on her way back, Marvel began to disparage Scemma and paint Scott as unable to move on - even before that, Jean's shadow loomed over him. Phoenix Resurrection gave us a bargain-bin reconciliation and all signs point to Jott being endgame - but whether we get there neatly or not is still up in the air.
    I posted what I want, not necesarily what I think will happen. Theres too much baggage to pursue anything upon his return. They need to mutually coexist as exes before a reunion happens but if and when that happens, I would rather he pursue her, not the other way around.

Any particular reason you think so?
    I think she brought out the worst in him and their relationship was so specific to a certain era of X-men which doesnt exist anymore. It made sense for then, less so now. Like he and Jean, theres too much baggage here and I dont think it would be best for Emma either as clinging onto Scott even after he dumped her has been unhealthy and stunted her growth. Dare I say it was toxic? Scott seemed over her before he died.