View Poll Results: When Scott returns, who should he get back together with?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

53 39.26%
  • Emma

32 23.70%
  • Neither

50 37.04%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

I voted for Scott & Jean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    My main takeaway from this poll is that there's a split among Jott fans--perhaps between hardcore Jott shippers and more casual Jott fans--between those who want Scott and Jean to get back together ASAP and those who want to see them take the long way around. I suspect that may correspond to a deeper split between those who think Scott and Jean are more interesting once they're already together and those who think they're more interesting in the process of getting together.

I'm also curious how many of the "Neither" and perhaps even "Emma" votes are from people who don't really have anything against Jott itself, but they're just tired of hearing about it. It's overexposed to them, and so they have "Jott fatigue." Might make for an interesting poll in the future.
    Scott/Jean is my 2nd favorite Marvel couple.
    Scott is my favorite X-Men character, and Jean is my 2nd favorite X-Men character.
    I would like for them to get back together in a slow-burn way.
    They need to have a long talk about what went wrong in their marriage and work on resolving the issues.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm definitely in that last set, FUBs. I liked Jott when it was interesting and even a little over dramatic. But it grew thin over the intervening years. I personally never liked his hooking up with Emma (whom I loved prior to her being with Scott), not out of any respect/love for Jean but I just hated Frahacktion's take on the relationship and the characters.

It's not Jott fatigue...it's that I feel the characters are much more than that now. That, realistically they are in a far different place now and moving forward...Jean and Emma are, at least. And to go back to how things were/have been is just boring retread storytelling that I cannot abide or even want.
    good take. at least let tje characters breathe new airs.

BANNED

My main takeaway from this poll is that there's a split among Jott fans--perhaps between hardcore Jott shippers and more casual Jott fans--between those who want Scott and Jean to get back together ASAP and those who want to see them take the long way around. I suspect that may correspond to a deeper split between those who think Scott and Jean are more interesting once they're already together and those who think they're more interesting in the process of getting together.
    I try to be reasonable in most of my choices and opinions. So, while I do WANT them together ASAP, I don't think it would be the best choice. It might not resonate well with a bunch of readers, so I'm more favorable to a slow burn until we can get them back together again. And then never, ever, splitting them anymore, for God's sake.

I'm also curious how many of the "Neither" and perhaps even "Emma" votes are from people who don't really have anything against Jott itself, but they're just tired of hearing about it. It's overexposed to them, and so they have "Jott fatigue." Might make for an interesting poll in the future.
    There are those who think putting Scott with Emma would let Jean free, as if that ever stopped Marvel. See my comment about Captain Freaking America being a double-timer and Marvel never mentioning it.

I think they can be interesting in both states - but there's nothing in Marvel's recent history that makes me think that they can pull off either one.

I picked neither because I'm more concerned for Scott and his character narrative - I don't think either Jott or Scemma happening ASAP would be a good idea.

Mighty Member

I find it very amusing that as soon as the vote for Jean or Neither ticks up one or two, the other follows suit soon thereafter.

Maybe ExodusCloak wasn't just being paranoid with his "sockpuppet accounts" conspiracy theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think they can be interesting in both states - but there's nothing in Marvel's recent history that makes me think that they can pull off either one.

I picked neither because I'm more concerned for Scott and his character narrative - I don't think either Jott or Scemma happening ASAP would be a good idea.
    I agree with this. I voted Neither because a relationship right now would not be healthy for Scott, Emma, or Jean IMO.

I find it very amusing that as soon as the vote for Jean or Neither ticks up one or two, the other follows suit soon thereafter.

Maybe ExodusCloak wasn't just being paranoid with his "sockpuppet accounts" conspiracy theory...
    I don't really believe that people are creating accounts to vote on a poll that doesn't has any power to decide what will really happen on the books.

I'm surprised that Neither is winning, I thought Jean would have a bigger majority

BANNED

I'm definitely in that last set, FUBs. I liked Jott when it was interesting and even a little over dramatic. But it grew thin over the intervening years. I personally never liked his hooking up with Emma (whom I loved prior to her being with Scott), not out of any respect/love for Jean but I just hated Frahacktion's take on the relationship and the characters.

It's not Jott fatigue...it's that I feel the characters are much more than that now. That, realistically they are in a far different place now and moving forward...Jean and Emma are, at least. And to go back to how things were/have been is just boring retread storytelling that I cannot abide or even want.
    This. On top of Jott being boring and ultimately only serving Cyclops, it's already been done.

We've already read that story and a pretty unforgettable ending to it. Not sure why things would need to revert to that when there are scores (but really an infinite number) of unexplored ideas out there, many with potential to be much more interesting and much more character-driven.

Mighty Member

I see where u comin from but I never understood the complaint of the relationship interfering with the character. As a Scott fan, I get it cuz I don’t want a BOYSCOTT ... n many Cykes fans think Jean emasculates Scott. But I’m willing to give it a try, cuz we didn’t even get closure to their romance n it needs a proper closure. If it’s well written it won’t be boring n it shouldn’t effect the characters.

I also disagree about them moving forward. I’m not sure about Emma, but Jean seems to be mentioning Scott on every occasion ... so she’s still hung up n He was hung up on her before he dies. So? I’m not sure if they’ve moved on. Plus, The Current Scott is different than the Scott Jean knew, so we r getting a new romance story in a way.