View Poll Results: When Scott returns, who should he get back together with?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

53 39.26%
  • Emma

32 23.70%
  • Neither

50 37.04%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman2018 View Post
    Jean’ll pursue Scott once he returns. If Phoenix resurrection, red annual, the all new x-men almost moments, x-men blue 10-36, and the the current extermination storyline indicate anything is that she wants him around. Hell she couldn’t keep her hands off Tyke in extermination 3 even when he’s on the recovery table.
    Blue were their younger versions so they don't count, and the Phoenix resurrection bit could also be seen as Jean saying goodbye to Scott, and Scott got to live after her death so there's nothing wrong with her doing the same now that he's gone and she's not, and Logan makes the most sense for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman2018 View Post
    Jean’ll pursue Scott once he returns. If Phoenix resurrection, red annual, the all new x-men almost moments, x-men blue 10-36, and the the current extermination storyline indicate anything is that she wants him around. Hell she couldn’t keep her hands off Tyke in extermination 3 even when he’s on the recovery table.
    Jean needs Therapy

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, I agree with much of what you've said here. Scott certainly went through plenty and I don't think it would be fair to his character to rush him to Jean.
    Not fair to him? I think i snot fair to Jean
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-29-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Jemma.

Nuff said

Voted for neither.

Both relationships were wrecked pretty badly in my opinion. I think Scott, Jean, and Emma should all just go their separate ways. We could get some new stories instead of reading about the same old failed and tired relationships. They should just interact as ex's. No Jean/Scott/Emma love triangle drams needed.
    And I don't want Jean with Logan either.

But I'm afraid that Scott and Jean will eventually get back togather. Jean is currently being written as wanting Scott back pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Jemma.

Nuff said
    The hate sex would be hilarious beyond words.

But no.

Neither, give him someone new I say.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

I voted Jott, duh.

Jean knows she f**ed up in her marriage by not attending to her husbands needs when he needed it. She tried pursuing an affair with Logan. But, she apologised in PR.

Scott also f**ed up in his marriage for not confronting Jean and taking his martial problems to Emma Frost ... even tho he had good intentions. He knew it didn’t feel right ... Emma did take advantage of him, but he is responsible. A tiny bit. But, he also apologised to Jean in PR and showed regrets with his monologue in Death Of Wolverine: Life after Logan.

Jean has been missing Scott ever since her resurrection and there’s nothing wrong with that. I’d miss my man too. Scott confessed on missing her everyday when she was dead. So they both r somehow on good terms.

Honestly, we have no reason to believe that Jott ain’t happening if Scott is back. Unless Marvel will pull sth irrational.

I want them together but also by addressing the past, and a sweet romantic build up.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean needs Therapy
    How many Marvel heroes/heroines don't need therapy?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Not fair to him? I think i snot fair to Jean
    I thought that went without saying - I'm clearly more a fan of Scott specifically, and I didn't mean to imply that it would be fair for Jean. As far as Scott is concerned, putting him back with Jean because of nostalgia or it's easier than coming up with something else wouldn't be fair - and vice versa. Fair enough?

I think she certainly deserves new opportunities and that's why I picked up X-Men Red; unfortunately, that book has been a disappointment. They should just give her a solo, I'm sure it would do better than Jeen Grey: Prelude to the Return of Jean Grey.

All of this isn't to say that I think Jott is bad or guaranteed to hurt the characters - but I think they were both in unique circumstances when they died, and I want to see follow-up on that.

Mighty Member

Biased poll! There's no 'Both' option!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Biased poll! There's no 'Both' option!
    If Marvel did that, everything would burn, but it would be fun on the way down.

Mighty Member

If Marvel did that, everything would burn, but it would be fun on the way down.
    My mind salivates at the amount of salty tears that's sure to come if Marvel decides to make Cyclops the first superhero to achieve OT3 status. Not Wolvie, not Spidey, not even Jean-- but Cyke. Author's heads would roll, buildings would burn, and this forum will explode, and it'd be glorious to watch!

Which does beg the question: if Marvel does make an OT3-- and not a drama-filled triangle-- which would be easier for readers (and by that, I mean you CBR whiners ) to stomach? Wolvie/Jean/Cyke or Jean/Cyke/Emma?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

My mind salivates at the amount of salty tears that's sure to come if Marvel decides to make Cyclops the first superhero to achieve OT3 status. Not Wolvie, not Spidey, not even Jean-- but Cyke. Author's heads would roll, buildings would burn, and this forum will explode, and it'd be glorious to watch!

Which does beg the question: if Marvel does make an OT3-- and not a drama-filled triangle-- which would be easier for readers (and by that, I mean you CBR whiners ) to stomach? Wolvie/Jean/Cyke or Jean/Cyke/Emma?
    I’m here for some Wolvy/Jean/Cyclops

i would go for logan/jean/scott. but I dont think it would be popular here, because people think Logan emasculates Scott

How many Marvel heroes/heroines don't need therapy?
    sure. But I am talking about Jean, she needs to move on from her romantic dependency on Scott

I thought that went without saying - I'm clearly more a fan of Scott specifically, and I didn't mean to imply that it would be fair for Jean. As far as Scott is concerned, putting him back with Jean because of nostalgia or it's easier than coming up with something else wouldn't be fair - and vice versa. Fair enough?
    ok.
    I think she certainly deserves new opportunities and that's why I picked up X-Men Red; unfortunately, that book has been a disappointment. They should just give her a solo, I'm sure it would do better than Jeen Grey: Prelude to the Return of Jean Grey.
    I really like the xmen Red, Taylor could had choosen a smaller cast, but the premise is pretty good and too real.

All of this isn't to say that I think Jott is bad or guaranteed to hurt the characters - but I think they were both in unique circumstances when they died, and I want to see follow-up on that.
    I think that Jott may hurt Jean, it hurt the character before. Writers dont give me confidence they gonna do it different now
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-30-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    I believe the vows are "Till Death do us part."

Which, Death did.
    To the point where Scott engaged in another relationship, but more significantly, grew as a person.
    I'm not meaning to suggest that marriage is over, but their vows have technically been fulfilled.
    No, saying their vows are technically fulfilled is saying their marriage is over. For my part, I don't find that particular technicality all that relevant in a universe where death is a temporary condition.

Everyone in a committed relationship has to constantly build that bridge towards that other person, having faith that they're doing the same, and that it'll be worth it.
    That you align in what matters most, that you'll help each other achieve it, that you love who they are on that day. You have to ensure that you were not wrong when you chose to tie your happiness to that person - because we only have one life.
    Let's just say you and I have very different ideas about what marriage is about and how it works. IMO, "ensuring that you didn't choose wrong" is something one does long, long before the wedding. The considerations and decisions you're describing properly belong in the pre-engagement phase. Those are the things one decides before proposing (or accepting a proposal). If one's answer to any of those questions is no or maybe, they're not ready for marriage.

Scott and Jean crossed that bridge a long time ago, and they did quite the opposite of rush in to their marriage.

Jean and Scott went through quite a bit without each other, and it would be highly unrealistic for them not pause and get their bearings.
    They're not automatons, and you can't use their past to justify a forcing a connection now.
    Or, Jean can do what she should've done in Morrison's run (and rather inexplicably didn't do) and reactivate their telepathic rapport. Given that rapport and their history, Scott and Jean can and do know each other better than any real world couple ever has or ever will.

That's much of why, IMO, realism isn't a relevant metric when it comes to Jott. Scott and Jean aren't realistic people, and their relationship has never been realistic, either. If they were and it was realistic, they'd both be in mental institutions due to PTSD so severe they couldn't function much less sustain a marriage.

Ultimately, they have to decide for themselves what kind of people they want to be, if they're still aligned, if they still believe in each other as people and as a team, and how they're going to spend their second chances. Just because you love each other, doesn't mean you have to be together, or that you're good for each other.

----
    I'm saying all of this as someone who is rooting for them.
    Who thinks they're soul mates. Who thinks they can overcome all of these hardships.

But I'm also just being real about how people work.

(BTW, I maybe okay with Jean dating someone else, but that doesn't mean I prefer it. )
    What it comes down to is you, like Hizashi and Ulfhammer, want to see a long, thorough reconciliation arc. You want to see them work things out in a way that would be plausible in the real world for a normal human couple. Which is fine. Tastes differ.

From my perspective, I've already read a version of that story (in Louise Simonson's X-Factor), and so it doesn't interest me. I don't see Scott and Jean as a young, 20-something couple who rushed into a marriage they weren't ready for and now need to re-evaluate whether they want to build a future together. Rather, I see them as a middle-aged couple who built a life together that got derailed by trauma and forces beyond their control. What they need now is a homecoming: to come back to each other and, in so doing, themselves. To get back on track.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 10-30-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Mighty Member

As for Phoenix Resurrection, we've discussed it before but I've been thinking - is it at all possible that we have misread their interaction? Why should we think it's a reconciliation of their marriage? Yeah, they kissed, but couldn't that have been acknowledgment that they would soon be separated again?
    Re-read their dialogue.

Those aren't things one says to an ex.