View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)

9 3.23%
  • Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)

72 25.81%
  • young Bruce Wayne (Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)

32 11.47%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)

2 0.72%
  • Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)

77 27.60%
  • robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)

0 0%
  • Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)

11 3.94%
  • Damian Wayne (2006 +)

70 25.09%
  • Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)

1 0.36%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)

1 0.36%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)

1 0.36%
  • We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko, Dre, Isabella, Daxton, Troy, etc. / 2015-2016)

3 1.08%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

If I can update the count without upsetting anyone,
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 48 votes (+2)
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 47 votes (+3)
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 43 votes (+2)
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 23 votes (no change)
    * Stephanie Brown (orig. Spoiler/became Robin in 2004) = 5 votes (no change)
    * Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2/adult Robin) = 5 votes (+1)

Fantastic Member

well after going through Golden Age comics, Golden Age Robin takes the cake for me. he has the spunk that no one else has, not even later versions of Dick. the only one who comes close to him is NTT Dick Grayson, just as the only one to hold a candle for Golden Age Batman is 70s Batman, and the 80s is not even my favorite historical era of writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Tim Drake; I'm a child of the 90's who got into comics through the ones that made it to some antique stores at lightning speed, and Tim's snarky humor, down-to-earth perspective, clever writing, and most importantly, highly successful solo series as Robin basically defined how I view the role and judge other Robins.
    Right there with you, though I was a young adult in the 90s, but that's when I first got into comics, when Tim was Robin. So my intro to the Bat-books included Chuck Dixon's Robin comics of that decade, and he'll always be my favorite for that reason.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Looking back at this old thread / poll,
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 53 votes
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 52 votes
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 47 votes
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 24 votes

All others have less than 20 votes.

BANNED

Dick Grayson for me. The original Robin, 1st leader of Teen Titans, the heart of Batfam.

I voted for Jason, though it just as easily could have gone to Dick. Ultimately I think he's got just enough of an edge to be a little cooler to me, but without all the gun-toting bad boy stuff he'd pick up later. Also, by becoming Robin when Batman's career was well underway, he was a good way to introduce new readers to old villains by having Jason find out about super-villains as the readers did. Plus, you can still have Dick around. I suppose you can definitely say the same about Tim, and I do genuinely like Tim, but as Jay's less cerebral and doesn't live with his dad and stuff, I just think he's more streamlined.

Incidentally, rather than saying that the Golden Age Robin grew up to be the adult Robin from the Crisis crossovers and All-Stars, etc. I think it's more accurate to say that the Golden Age Robin became the Silver and Bronze Age Robin, while the Earth Two Robin was more like a thought experiment to explore what it would be like if the Golden Age Robin had aged in closer to real-time - something that became a weird anachronism as Earth 1's mainstream Dick did get older and grow up, with more nuance than Dick-2's occasional appearances in crossovers could provide.

As with most Earth Two characters, he's less like the Golden Age version, and more of a mixture of folk memory of that era, mixed with aggressively different elements in attempt to make him distinct from the mainstream one. But... maybe that's too nitty-gritty of a claim to make? haha!
    Last edited by Adekis; 01-19-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Voted for Tim because I like the idea of having him as Robin and Dick as Nightwing.
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

With 213 people having voted,
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 60 votes
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 56 votes
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 51 votes
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 25 votes

All others still have less than 20 votes so far.

We are Robin for me, then maybe Damian, otherwise Robin as a character concept wasn't that interesting for me. We are Robin was the first time the Robin concept has ever felt interesting in contemporary times from what I've seen. of the Robin characters themselves, Jason Todd is my favorite easily.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Nothing wrong with it, but I'm really surprised to see Tim pull ahead here recently since there's really nothing in the card for him coming up that I really think would drum up interest in the character.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Older guys used to mock me for preferring Tim back in school.
    Who's laughing now, bullies?
    the extra skater
    Download Ferda Boys #1, a 36-page hockey webcomic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Nothing wrong with it, but I'm really surprised to see Tim pull ahead here recently since there's really nothing in the card for him coming up that I really think would drum up interest in the character.
    Gotham Knights?

I voted for him but it's strange that Dick is winning by a huge margin in the poll about favorite Batfamily characters but not winning this one. You'd think he'd be winning this poll by an even bigger margin with less characters to compete with. As Shane "Hurricane" Helms would say: what's up wit dat?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I voted for him but it's strange that Dick is winning by a huge margin in the poll about favorite Batfamily characters but not winning this one. You'd think he'd be winning this poll by an even bigger margin with less characters to compete with. As Shane "Hurricane" Helms would say: what's up wit dat?
    I think it's because, while Dick might be the most popular overall aside from Bruce, most fans prefer him as Nightwing. So their favorite Robin is Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Well, he is the only one with two options to vote.