Incredible Member

Default Speculating, a new Batman #1 on the horizon?

Flash and Wonder Woman, both hitting #800 and then re-launching after the Knight Terrors break.
    If I recall correctly, Zdarsky recently said we are close to Batman #900. Another potential Dawn of DC relaunch in the October timeframe? Not based on anything, I know nothing, but everyone else is getting a new #1 for Dawn of DC.

Incredible Member

Ok, it was pointed out to me on another thread that Batman #900 is coming in May. Didn't announce an end/reboot, though. Still seems to make sense it is coming later this year with nearly all the other big names getting a Dawn of DC relaunch at #1.

To my knowledge, we don't have confirmation that Flash and Wonder Woman are getting new #1s. Just speculation of new creative teams, and even that's not confirmed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    To my knowledge, we don't have confirmation that Flash and Wonder Woman are getting new #1s. Just speculation of new creative teams, and even that's not confirmed.
    It was confirmed this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Ah. Did not see that. I stand corrected.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Batman doesn't need a relaunch to sell well.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Ok, it was pointed out to me on another thread that Batman #900 is coming in May. Didn't announce an end/reboot, though. Still seems to make sense it is coming later this year with nearly all the other big names getting a Dawn of DC relaunch at #1.
    I mean for all we know we could get a new #1, there being issue 900 in May doesn’t stop a new series from coming.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Might this be why it feels like Zdarsky is spinning his wheels a little?

I would only support relaunching Batman with a new #1 if they undid all the harm that has been done since the start of Rebirth . . . there is very little from the past nearly seven years that makes me care about the character any more.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I would only support relaunching Batman with a new #1 if they undid all the harm that has been done since the start of Rebirth . . . there is very little from the past nearly seven years that makes me care about the character any more.
    Yeah, it's been pretty dire for a while now just one mediocre writer after another. And then when we finally get good writers like Zdarsky and Ran V they both just tell stories that drag on forever.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 03-10-2023 at 10:47 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is the price you pay for a character that could be written by a CHIMP and that won't stop the book from getting 80-120K in orders.

Writer doesn't matter.

So you get a book that spins it wheels when you finally get decent ones. There is no urgency to improve or really do anything.

I would welcome a big move in all of Batman's editorial.

I don't think Batman is getting a relaunch. #900 is the May issue and if there was a relaunch coming in #901 they would have announced it by now.

Besides, why relaunch Batman with a new #1 when they just give him a new Bat-series with a new #1?