View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)

9 3.23%
  • Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)

72 25.81%
  • young Bruce Wayne (Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)

32 11.47%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)

2 0.72%
  • Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)

77 27.60%
  • robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)

0 0%
  • Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)

11 3.94%
  • Damian Wayne (2006 +)

70 25.09%
  • Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)

1 0.36%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)

1 0.36%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)

1 0.36%
  • We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko, Dre, Isabella, Daxton, Troy, etc. / 2015-2016)

3 1.08%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

It was interesting to see how much activity there's been since I revived the old "Who's Your Favourite Batgirl?" thread (with poll) that was originally around in 2015, but there's also a thread titled "Who's your favorite Robin?" that was also from 2015 (see: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...favorite-Robin), but that one was without a poll.

So, instead of just bumping the old one up, I've created a new version of that thread which includes a poll. However, some of the choices may be a bit quirky / splitting hairs, so I suggest you read all the choices carefully before casting your vote.

The original poll started with:
    Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    So, who's your favorite Robin and why? All Robins allowed, including those from alternate realities.
    so I did include some alternate versions from past, present, and future.

Poll choices are:
    * Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)
    * Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)
    * young Bruce Wayne (see Detective Comics #226, December 1955)
    * Bruce Wayne, Jr. (see Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)
    * Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)
    * robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)
    * Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +)
    * Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)
    * Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)
    * Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)
    * We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko Sheridan, Dre Cipriani, Isabella Ortiz, Daxton Chill, Troy Walker, etc. / 2015-2016)

Also please vote for the character based on their time as Robin, not just on the overall history of the character.

Includes a poll you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Includes a poll you say?
    Hey, it takes a while to cut-and-paste from what I had typed out separately in Word!
    (Let's see how fast you are basically typing with one hand!)

Dick is my fav character but Damian is my favorite Robin

Jason's run as Robin was really messed with, with the whole COIE thing right in the middle of it (going from Dick clone to his own character). I do like him being the fearless Robin in the costume, but socially awkward bookworm outside of it. But he always wanted to do good.

I went with Damian though. The kid that never got to be one, but with help, particularly from Dick, he's come a LONG way.

Wish I could vote for more than one. Golden Age Grayson, Pre-Flashpoint Tim, and current Damian would be my favs

Wait.. is this for there time only as Robin? I totally missed this includes later identities. Jason goes way up for me then

Golden age, discovered two islands, set up Robins Boys & Girls Club, trained kids worldwide, actor, writer, DJ, detective, a+ student, Lawyer, Ambassador, Worlds Finest etc.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 10-28-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Wait.. is this for there time only as Robin? I totally missed this includes later identities. Jason goes way up for me then
    Well, if you actually read the original post of this thread, at the end I had
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    . . . Also please vote for the character based on their time as Robin, not just on the overall history of the character.
    The additional information regarding later identities was to try and help clarify who we were talking about.

And while I probably could have split Jason into two entries (the pre-CoIE Dick-clone and the post-CoIE anti-Dick), since that was technically suppose to have been the same character (with a major retcon up his . . . you know) I let it be.
    Golden Age Dick Grayson (of Earth-2) and Silver/Bronze Age Dick Grayson (later Nightwing and based on Earth-1) were two separate entities who did meet in a story.

BANNED

I'm confused about two Dick Graysons; this will dilute his numbers in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm confused about two Dick Graysons; this will dilute his numbers in the poll.
    Well, there really were two different versions. Besides, things would get even nuttier if I tried to split up Dick-as-Robin to include the post-Flashpoint version(s) that appeared in various stories.
    To me, the main differences between Golden Age Dick and Silver Age+ Dick are that we never really saw Golden Age Robin as a teenager (he was either the Boy Wonder or an adult as far as I'm aware), and Golden Age Dick never gave up his Robin identity to become Nightwing.
    As for "diluting the numbers in the poll", well, since "Dick" had the longest stretch as Robin (1940-1984 before he became Nightwing), it only seemed right to separate the two versions (and, again, there were two separate Dick Graysons pre-CoIE).

Actually in Star Spangled Comics 65 To 130 Golden Age Robin was a High School Student around 13 To 16.

Extraordinary Member

Tim Drake; I'm a child of the 90's who got into comics through the ones that made it to some antique stores at lightning speed, and Tim's snarky humor, down-to-earth perspective, clever writing, and most importantly, highly successful solo series as Robin basically defined how I view the role and judge other Robins.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

This was a very hard pick, I love Tim and Dick.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I voted Damian. I like Dick and Jason as well but their stories [and costume] are too goofy for me to take them seriously or connect to. Though I found them funny and have fun reading em. Wish we had some modern stories of these two as Robin.
    Tim's isn't as cheesy but t's very 90's and dated s I can't relate. His era was the most difficult to get through
    I haven't read Steph as Robin, Matt is my jam but he's still new,Carrie is okay, Duke is enjoyable and doesn't have as many stories.

Damian was the 1st time Robin I connected with. His story is what got me into comics and into reading other Robins.