View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)

9 3.23%
  • Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)

72 25.81%
  • young Bruce Wayne (Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)

32 11.47%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)

2 0.72%
  • Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)

77 27.60%
  • robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)

0 0%
  • Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)

11 3.94%
  • Damian Wayne (2006 +)

70 25.09%
  • Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)

1 0.36%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)

1 0.36%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)

1 0.36%
  • We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko, Dre, Isabella, Daxton, Troy, etc. / 2015-2016)

3 1.08%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Dick and Tim as Robin are clear winners. Just the sheer volume of work and stories that those two have as Robin's to generations of readers is something no other Robin has going for them.

They've had time in the role that other's haven't. Damian given time and the chance might get enough stories as Robin for a generation to take him to heart as their definitive robin but Jason and Steph will always be better loved as Red Hood and Spoiler.

I like Damian as Robin along with Dick and Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    I find it hard to chose between Earth 2 and Earth 1 Dick Graysons.
    I tend to view Earth-2 Dick as the pre-1960s "New Look" Robin (even though the change from Golden to Silver Age was in the 1950s) and also as the adult crime-fighter who kept the "Robin" identity.
    The Earth-1 Dick Grayson (Silver & Bronze Age) to me is represented better by the guy who was part of the Teen Titans and then chose to replace the Robin identity with Nightwing.

Fantastic Member

I meant both are my fav.

Yeah Dick Grayson has Nostalgia that prevents him from being updated & most modern day depiction bend his will to that Of Batman. The character of Robin at his most “realistic” and believable would be in Dick’s feature in Star Spangled Comics # 65-130 where he was more a community superhero who’s greatest achievement is discovering an Island that Batman named after him. The shift of Robin back to working directly under Batman during the night does not really work in modern as a believable thing a kid would do but everything focuses on Batman so a Community Robin would likely be forced out of grim dark Gotham

*gasp*

I cannot believe Damian is winning this poll. That's a surprise.

Tim as Robin, Dick as Nightwing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    *gasp*

I cannot believe Damian is winning this poll. That's a surprise.
    Damian is a popular character. Similar to Harley Quinn. Damian is a character that people are very vocal about disliking or make jabs at because but the online chatter doesn't reflect the silent majority who vote with their wallets.

He is 3rd in sales after Bruce and Dick.Has been for years.

I'm not surprised that he is sharing 2nd place with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian is a popular character. Similar to Harley Quinn. Damian is a character that people are very vocal about disliking or make jabs at because but the online chatter doesn't reflect the silent majority who vote with their wallets.

He is 3rd in sales after Bruce and Dick. Has been for years.

I'm not surprised that he is sharing 2nd place with Tim.
    By the way, here are the current numbers::
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 22 votes (+ 4 since yesterday)
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 22 votes (+ 5 since yesterday)
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 20 votes (+ 2)
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 12 votes (+ 1)

Next highest is a tie between Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA) and Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004) with three votes for each.

I'm more surprised Dick is not in the lead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah. I was pretty sure he would be. Also, sales don't say a lot when old readers just stop buying but still hold their favorites from old runs. That's why I was counting on Tim and Dick being, well, the leading choices. Tim was the Robin and the favorite for a lot of people from the 90's until middle to late 00's; and Dick is always a sound bet.

Or not. What do I know.

Dick, despite being the first Robin, hasn't been said Robin in the comics since the early 80s. Outside of say, animated series like Young Justice. He's still recognizable as the first Robin, but becoming moreso as the "older brother" of the group. And in the comics, he's been out of the role almost as long as he was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Technically if you combined both Dick's together he would be. But it's only a 2 vote difference. (at the time of posting)
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Technically if you combined both Dick's together he would be. But it's only a 2 vote difference. (at the time of posting)
    That's why I didn't like splitting him for the poll. Dick is Dick is Dick. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Exactly. Dick's votes are split.

I would not have been surprised if Tim was no 1 because they crafted him to be the perfect Robin that works with everyone based on lesson learned from the 1st two.

There was no gamble. No way he wasn't going to take. He should always come out no 1 just based on that fact. there was nothing working against him.

Dick as much as i like him as Robin and even factoring in nostalgia as the 1st Robin I enjoyed his stories are dated so I gel more with Damian as Robin.

Also Dick evolved into more popular adult persona. Dick as Nightwing is on another level compared to Dick as Robin.

Dick as Iconic as he is as Robin it's not his best showing. Saying all that though I expected Dick to sweep the board.
    Last edited by dietrich; 11-03-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Exactly. Dick's votes are split.

I would not have been surprised if Tim was no 1 because they crafted him to be the perfect Robin that works with everyone based on lesson learned from the 1st two.

There was no gamble. No way he wasn't going to take. He should always come out no 1 just based on that fact. there was nothing working against him.

Dick as much as i like him as Robin and even factoring in nostalgia as the 1st Robin I enjoyed his stories are dated so I gel more with Damian as Robin.

Also Dick evolved into more popular adult persona. Dick as Nightwing is on another level compared to Dick as Robin.

Dick as Iconic as he is as Robin it's not his best showing. Saying all that though I expected Dick to sweep the board.
    Being a fanfave has little to do with how good and perfect as a Robin archetype one happen to be. It has way more to do with who you grow up reading and who you enjoy their stories the most. Or even who you sympathize most because they're either relatable or just sympathetic because their circumstances and struggles (the underdog effect is an example).

That being said, in Dick's case, he's a charming character, and the average reader, the one who reads a few books here and there, probably has him as a fave because he's the classic Robin. Or so I would expect.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-03-2018 at 11:31 AM.