View Poll Results: Who's your favorite Robin? (Robins?)

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Golden Age Dick Grayson (pre-CoIE Earth-2 / became adult Robin with JSA)

9 3.23%
  • Dick Grayson (later Nightwing / Silver Age +)

72 25.81%
  • young Bruce Wayne (Detective Comics #226, December 1955)

0 0%
  • Bruce Wayne, Jr. (Batman #131 and others, 1960-1964)

0 0%
  • Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +)

32 11.47%
  • Carrie Kelley (Frank Miller's future Robin, 1986 +)

2 0.72%
  • Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +)

77 27.60%
  • robotic "Toy Wonder" (from DC One Million / 1998)

0 0%
  • Stephanie Brown (originally Spoiler, also Batgirl / became Robin in 2004)

11 3.94%
  • Damian Wayne (2006 +)

70 25.09%
  • Helena Wayne (New52 Earth 2 version, later Huntress / 2012 +)

1 0.36%
  • Duke Thomas (Robin from Futures End / 2014)

1 0.36%
  • Matt McGinnis (younger brother of Terry McGinnis in Batman Beyond / 2018 +)

1 0.36%
  • We Are Robin gang (Duke Thomas, Riko, Dre, Isabella, Daxton, Troy, etc. / 2015-2016)

3 1.08%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Tim Drake is the Robin who was around when I got into comics...so I guess nostalgia simply won out in my case!

What makes Tim unique is that, as a character, he has come to be defined by the mantle and the legacy of Robin. Dick Grayson has now become an icon in his own right, without the Robin mantle, because of the Titans and Nightwing. Jason Todd has developed his own neat little brand as Red Hood and as the 'Robin who died'. Damian, being Batman's biological son AND basically a child-assassin, is radically divergent from the classic archetype of Robin (intentionally so). But Tim is a character who's really all about being Robin.

Unfortunately, that has worked to his detriment in a scenario where he's no longer the incumbent Robin, and the 'Red Robin' mantle really makes him a Nightwing-clone who doesn't fully want to commit to the path of breaking away from the Robin position the way Dick once did.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Tim Drake is the Robin who was around when I got into comics...so I guess nostalgia simply won out in my case!

What makes Tim unique is that, as a character, he has come to be defined by the mantle and the legacy of Robin. Dick Grayson has now become an icon in his own right, without the Robin mantle, because of the Titans and Nightwing. Jason Todd has developed his own neat little brand as Red Hood and as the 'Robin who died'. Damian, being Batman's biological son AND basically a child-assassin, is radically divergent from the classic archetype of Robin (intentionally so). But Tim is a character who's really all about being Robin.

Unfortunately, that has worked to his detriment in a scenario where he's no longer the incumbent Robin, and the 'Red Robin' mantle really makes him a Nightwing-clone who doesn't fully want to commit to the path of breaking away from the Robin position the way Dick once did.
    Dick is still the most Iconic Robin. Dick Grayson as a character is most Iconic as Robin not Nightwing [GA not just Comics]
    Tim is all about being Robin because that is what he was created to be. Tim was created to suit the role Perfectly following research and lesson from Dick and Jason's time in the role.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Dick is still the most Iconic Robin. Dick Grayson as a character is most Iconic as Robin not Nightwing [GA not just Comics]
    Tim is all about being Robin because that is what he was created to be. Tim was created to suit the role Perfectly following research and lesson from Dick and Jason's time in the role.
    All the lessons were from DC Editorial's Department of Mary Sues.

Damian is the most unique without a doubt. His relationship to Bruce and his upbringing, his personality and his hero journey they all make him different from the others.

He is also the Robin who doesn't seem so wrong.Kids shouldn't fight crime and I don't care how much they want to they shouldn't. Damian because of his background is tolerable.

I know that there was a Bruce Wayne Jr but the way fans reacted and still react to a bio child as robin means that they don't count him or Helena as truly Robin. Or they've forgotten that that was a thing years before Damian.

Surprised how well Damian is doing. I am a fan but I thought for sure Dick or Tim would have an easy win. Give the kid a few more years in the role and lord knows? I'm impressed and I'm happy that so many enjoy him in the role.
    I feel a bit different. I thought for sure Dick and Damian would be the two running away handily with the poll, Tim hasn't exactly been written all that well for like the past six to seven years since the start of the New-52. Much tighter race than expected, at least for me.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I feel a bit different. I thought for sure Dick and Damian would be the two running away handily with the poll, Tim hasn't exactly been written all that well for like the past six to seven years since the start of the New-52. Much tighter race than expected, at least for me.
    That's why in other poll he isn't doing so well and Jason does better.

This poll is asking their tie as Robin. Your 1st answer on this thread where you break down how Tim hasn't been so hot but you still voted for him because this was about their time as Robin. So you like everyone else can read and know what they are voting for.

Tim was Robin for decades. He means a lot to lots of fans as Robin. Some even claim [correctly to an extent] that he revolutionised the role.

He was the Robin that held a solo for over 100 issues That's how much people loved him as robin and that is what they are voting on.

This is about that their time as Robin. Unless you are saying Tim wasn't super popular when he was Robin?
    I'm sure a lot of people feel like you do that Tim hasn't been written well for some time but just like you they read the tread and voted based on when he was Robin not Red Robin as the thread asked.

You didn't vote for the time when he was no longer Robin and was written badly why do you think others would? CBR users are not that dumb. I think.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-19-2018 at 08:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    All the lessons were from DC Editorial's Department of Mary Sues.
    Not a mary sue, if anything its the robing that struggled the most. But not like you ever listen to reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    We have a tie for leader in the polls at last check:
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 32 votes (+ 2)
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 32 votes (+ 5)
    And now Tim's taken the lead!:
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 36 votes (+ 4)
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 33 votes (+ 1)
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 30 votes (no change)
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 16 votes (+ 1)

Astonishing Member

And now Tim's taken the lead!:
    * Tim Drake (later Red Robin / 1989 +) = 36 votes (+ 4)
    * Damian Wayne (2006 +) = 33 votes (+ 1)
    * Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Silver Age +) = 30 votes (no change)
    * Jason Todd (later Red Hood / 1983 +) = 16 votes (+ 1)
    Not surprised that Tim is in the lead, since a LOT of people on this forum are Post-COIE/Pre-Flashpoint fans, including me.

It makes sense that Damian is in second place because he's the 'current' Robin and the one who newer fans are most exposed to, and he's definitely got a MASSIVE fan-following.

Dick naturally has to be close to the top of the poll, since he's the classic Robin that even non-fans know all about.

Jason as Robin is, unfortunately, distinguished mainly as the Robin who died...

BANNED

These things go in cycles.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 11-20-2018 at 09:09 AM.

That's why in other poll he isn't doing so well and Jason does better.

This poll is asking their tie as Robin. Your 1st answer on this thread where you break down how Tim hasn't been so hot but you still voted for him because this was about their time as Robin. So you like everyone else can read and know what they are voting for.

Tim was Robin for decades. He means a lot to lots of fans as Robin. Some even claim [correctly to an extent] that he revolutionised the role.

He was the Robin that held a solo for over 100 issues That's how much people loved him as robin and that is what they are voting on.

This is about that their time as Robin. Unless you are saying Tim wasn't super popular when he was Robin?
    I'm sure a lot of people feel like you do that Tim hasn't been written well for some time but just like you they read the tread and voted based on when he was Robin not Red Robin as the thread asked.

You didn't vote for the time when he was no longer Robin and was written badly why do you think others would? CBR users are not that dumb. I think.
    Even so, a bad run for a character(especially one as long as we have seen from Tim) can turn people away from a character, even if they had a good period before. I see it happen all the time. I was half expecting that is what these poll results would show.

I love both Dick and Tim as Robin, but went for Tim on this poll because it was his Robin that brought the role away from being a kid sidekick. Obviously Dick also stepped away from that, but did it by leaving behind the "Robin" title.

''I shall become a bat.'' masahikotahara's Avatar

I remember being confused when reading Batman comics at the end of the 80s and the beginning of the 90s. Being a little kid in The Netherlands at the time I didn't read a lot of the comics, but I was crazy about Batman (due in part to the Batman '66 show that was still on re-runs). I knew Robin's real name was Dick Grayson, so I did not understand why he was being called ''Jason'' and, later on, ''Tim'' in the comics. I found it hard to accept that there were multiple persons to carry the Robin identity, but I grew to love Tim Drake and liked seeing how Dick Grayson found his own way as Nightwing.
    Visit my website: http://ultimatebatmancomicswebsite.weebly.com for a timeline of Batman comics from Batman: Year One to Flashpoint,
    The New 52 and Rebirth!

CANON! CHRONOLOGY! READING ORDER!

...AND MORE...

People don’t really know but Dick Grayson did have a feature from 1,947 To 1,952 Star Spangled Comics # 65 To 130. He spent Most Of his time solo & Discovered Two Island, fought Nazi, solves cases, set up a boys & Girls Club, trained a Indian robin, helped out numerous delinquent children, worked with Roberta the Girl Wonder, traveled in time, attended Gotham City High School, Acted In School Plays & films, was a DJ, worked with community programs as Mr. Mystery giving out money to contestants winners, and had his own super villain in The Clock. All of these things are tossed to the side and not updated because In doesn’t fit with the Absolute Control/Cold Personality Batman, Titans & His Time as Robin being significantly trimmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    People don’t really know but Dick Grayson did have a feature from 1947 To 1952 Star Spangled Comics # 65 To 130.
    Technically, that would have been during the Golden Age, so those stories would probably have been credited to the pre-CoIE Earth-2 Dick Grayson.

BANNED

Technically, that would have been during the Golden Age, so those stories would probably have been credited to the pre-CoIE Earth-2 Dick Grayson.

That CHIN . . . . . looks a lot like Bruce Campbell (that's Ash from "Evil Dead").