Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A villian miniseries

What villan deserves their own miniseries? Or should it just be the start of villainy inc?

Ah, this old yarn.
    Honestly the idea of deserve isn't really the right choice of words with a villain series and it really just comes down to what idea a writer has and what they can do. Many a past series has shown that forcing a villain book out with a writer pushed on it with no real interest just leads to something lackluster. So its enitrely dependent on what ideas a writer can bring to the table in terms of toying with Wondys villains.

Putting all of that aside and just playing what if though.....
    A Circe series would offer some possibility. Shes been around roughly as long as Hippolyta and heavens knows that alot of potential is there to tell a story related to her stories history. A magic centric story from the perspective of someone who isn't a straight up hero like Zatanna or some low brow hobo like Constantine or a kid new to the magic scene like that Tim kid, would make for a unique read.

Doubt it would ever actually happen but personally id like to see a series focused on Angle man. Back in the silver age this dude was supposed to be the leader of all the worlds organized crime and was supposed to be some sort of criminal mastermind. Id love to see a series explore this. Establishing a straight forward criminal with a desire for money and power simply trying to consolidate and build up an empire.

Villainy Inc of course is an obvious one. Be it something made by Cale, or Eviless, or Clea. A team like that has alot of possibilities.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like the idea of a Villainy Inc. mini-series in which the team gives various hero teams(JL, JLD, Titans, etc.) a run for their money. My ideal line-up:

Aegeus
    Dr. Cyber
    Dr. Poison
    Dr. Psycho
    Giganta
    Kung
    Queen Clea
    Silver Swan
    White Magician
    Zara
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Giganta. It could be hilarious and awesome and intriguing.

Part of my six-part plan of "If I Ran DC Comics" and to make Wonder Woman the greatest superhero the world has ever known is to give some of Diana's adversaries a four to six issues miniseries to help focus on their characterization and concepts within the world of Wonder. Apply the effort Johns put into Flash's Rogues to the Amazing Amazon's adversaries.

Those getting a miniseries include:
    - Doctor Poison
    - Doctor Psycho
    - Doctor Cyber
    - Giganta
    - Queen Clea
    - Angle Man
    - Zara
    - The Mask
    - Eviless

Eviless's miniseries might culminate in the formation of a modern age Villainy Inc., but I haven't completely decided yet. Each of the miniseries might also include some teasers and appearances of other Wonder villains - Mouse Man, Crimson Centipede, Inversion, The Gentlemen Killer, Anton Unreal, etc. What I like about the characters listed above is that they can take Diana and her allies into decidedly different territories than myth and divine squabbles and sparring. And I think Diana's world has the pieces and foundational concepts to be ever bit as broad as Batman's.

DC is never going to go for nine miniseries, but hey, as long as I'm dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Part of my six-part plan of "If I Ran DC Comics" and to make Wonder Woman the greatest superhero the world has ever known is to give some of Diana's adversaries a four to six issues miniseries to help focus on their characterization and concepts within the world of Wonder. Apply the effort Johns put into Flash's Rogues to the Amazing Amazon's adversaries.

Those getting a miniseries include:
    - Doctor Poison
    - Doctor Psycho
    - Doctor Cyber
    - Giganta
    - Queen Clea
    - Angle Man
    - Zara
    - The Mask
    - Eviless

Eviless's miniseries might culminate in the formation of a modern age Villainy Inc., but I haven't completely decided yet. Each of the miniseries might also include some teasers and appearances of other Wonder villains - Mouse Man, Crimson Centipede, Inversion, The Gentlemen Killer, Anton Unreal, etc. What I like about the characters listed above is that they can take Diana and her allies into decidedly different territories than myth and divine squabbles and sparring. And I think Diana's world has the pieces and foundational concepts to be ever bit as broad as Batman's.

DC is never going to go for nine miniseries, but hey, as long as I'm dreaming...

I would read all of those mini-series! If we're dreaming here, let's get Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, Terry Dodson, Amanda Conner, Jason Fabok, and Renae de Liz on interior art with covers by George Perez!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I would read all of those mini-series! If we're dreaming here, let's get Phil Jimenez, Nicola Scott, Terry Dodson, Amanda Conner, Jason Fabok, and Renae de Liz on interior art with covers by George Perez!
    Great news, Lyta talked to Daniel and I've confirmed them all, while we're all hanging out in the Dreaming.

I like the idea of a Villainy Inc. mini-series in which the team gives various hero teams(JL, JLD, Titans, etc.) a run for their money. My ideal line-up:

Aegeus
    Dr. Cyber
    Dr. Poison
    Dr. Psycho
    Giganta
    Kung
    Queen Clea
    Silver Swan
    White Magician
    Zara
    I like that you listed Kung. I've been working on him a bit lately in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. I *think* I've developed some ideas and character arcs for him.

A lot of these are characters I'm not really familiar with. but I do like Deva. A mini covering what Deva is up to now might be neat.

Great news, Lyta talked to Daniel and I've confirmed them all, while we're all hanging out in the Dreaming.

Hahahahaha......perfect! I can finally count on good Wonder Woman stories for quite a while then!

I like that you listed Kung. I've been working on him a bit lately in my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee. I *think* I've developed some ideas and character arcs for him.

I've always loved Kung although I first met him as an All-Star Squadron villain when he, Sumo the Samurai, and Tsunami when they tried to steal Starman's Gravity Rod. I then learned that he first debuted as a World War II Wonder Woman villain and sought out other stories featuring him. I'm surprised no-one has used him since the 2006 WW relaunch.

I've always loved Kung although I first met him as an All-Star Squadron villain when he, Sumo the Samurai, and Tsunami when they tried to steal Starman's Gravity Rod. I then learned that he first debuted as a World War II Wonder Woman villain and sought out other stories featuring him. I'm surprised no-one has used him since the 2006 WW relaunch.
    To be fair, the two things that made Kung so central were world war 2 and Japan. And we have not really had a strong focus on WW2 stories in quite a while, and few ongoings have featured countries aside from the united states, much less Japan

Something in the vein of Azz’s Luthor and Joker minis? I’d pick Circe, she’s got a lot of blank space to work with in terms of background and motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    To be fair, the two things that made Kung so central were world war 2 and Japan. And we have not really had a strong focus on WW2 stories in quite a while, and few ongoings have featured countries aside from the united states, much less Japan

That's true which is why it's long overdue for DC to cement a Wonder Woman that was alive and active during World War II. I'd be fine with Diana(preferred) or Hippolyta. Wonder Woman needs to be around in WWII and have connections to Axis villains like Kung, Sumo, Dr. Poison I, Paula Von Gunther, Baron Blitzkreig, Red Panzer, Armageddon, and Gundra the Valkyrie.

That's true which is why it's long overdue for DC to cement a Wonder Woman that was alive and active during World War II. I'd be fine with Diana(preferred) or Hippolyta. Wonder Woman needs to be around in WWII and have connections to Axis villains like Kung, Sumo, Dr. Poison I, Paula Von Gunther, Baron Blitzkreig, Red Panzer, Armageddon, and Gundra the Valkyrie.
    Very much agreed. If one was to take Wonder Womans long and storied history of legacy villains and ties to specific events, it would have some nice story potential. Though personally I think it would be better to make it Diana instead of Hippolyta. With trying to make Hippolyta Wonder Woman your not really building up Diana, your simply establishing more to her legacy. If its Diana, it instantly gives Diana this element of being a hero whose been doing everything in her power for decades