View Poll Results: Which Group Is Your Favorite?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morrison Students

6 9.23%
  • Academy X Students

55 84.62%
  • JG/NCX Students

4 6.15%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who Rules The School?

Three generations of amazing, extraordinary students! All of them, for SOME odd reason, co-exist at the Xavier Institute for Mutant Education and Outreach:

The Morrison Era: Glob, Beak, Imp, Keratin, Basilisk, Angel, Beak, Ernst, No-Girl, Dummy, Spike, Redneck, Cephalophod, Crater, Slick, Phaser, Polymer, Longneck, Forearm, Mentat, Contact, Pako, Forearm, Choir, Stalwart, Tattoo, Radian

Academy X/New X-Men: Prodigy, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Gentle, Loa, Armor, Dust, Elixir, Pixie, Anole, Rockslide, Bling!, Indra, Match, Blindfold, Three-In-One, Wind Dancer, Cipher, Graymalkin, X-23, Trance, Ink

JGS/NCXS Kids: Quentin Quire, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Eye-Boy, Nature Girl, Genesis, Shark Girl, Hijack, Sprite, Rico, Ziggy, Crosta, teen O5, Face, Primal, Velocidad, Transonic, Goldballs, Morph, Triage, Tempus

The poll is simple. Which generation is or has been your favorite?

I had to bring in some dead/depowered characters for some generations because Academy X has a lot of students. Also, I largely decided who should be in what particular group based on who they are largely associated with, which is why Quentin is in the JGS generation or why the Young X-Men & Generation Hope students get spread out with other generations.

It's a tough one! The New X-Men were the most likeable students for me. But I feel like the New Mutants should win because some of them actually graduated

Quentin Quire is a Morrison creation...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Morrison's Special Class, Glob, Dust, QQ, and Cuckoos will probably emerge as the most important students in due time.

Given the chance to clean the fields a bit:

I'd keep Prodigy, Rockslide, Mercury, Bling, Pixie and Anole to any background class roster.

No GenHope?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No GenHope?
    I felt weird having a poll of only five peeps. I put them w/ the JGS swuad but now I'm wondering if I should've had them under Academy X

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Quentin Quire is a Morrison creation...
    Also, I largely decided who should be in what particular group based on who they are largely associated with, which is why Quentin is in the JGS generation

Quentin Quire
    Pixie
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Armor
    X-23
    Stepford Cuckoos
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Academy X is the only group of students I actively dislike, with a few exceptions (Laura, Gentle, Dust, Rockslide). The trend of the time period was snarky=funny, so they came across as the worst of high school for me, and I hated high school anyway.

JGS kids got way too silly, but I liked Evan and his backstory from UXF, thought Broo was cute and didn't mind Quire overly much. I like Oya, even though I don't much care for her origin story.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'll be honest: the only real generational gap is between Academy X and the JGI kids, and I disagree with the idea of putting Quire there. New Mutants and New X-Men ran at the same time, and that was where the majority of the Academy X characters were initially introduced, so that means that Quire and Beak and etc all existed alongside Hellion and Surge and Elixir. And even then the gap between these kids and the JGI kids, in universe, is slim. They've coexisted as the same generation for years due to the sliding timescale, but when it comes down to it (despite some weirdness of QQ dating fourteen year old Idie when he was at least 17) it's more like while they're the same generation, the Morrison/Academy X kids are the upper classmen while the JGI kids are the junior classmen. Either way, the more interesting kids are in the upper class, as opposed to the lower one, and they have largely been a part of the story for much longer and have generally more significant roles.

As a note I'm going to go ahead and consider most of the Gen Hope kids as Academy X, except for Idie, who is JGI. They occupy a space in between both "generations" but largely even though they haven't been used to their fullest extent, and probably never will be, and are literally a part of a different set of mutants than the Academy kids the ideas behind them and their character types mesh more with the Academy kids than the ones that were introduced for JGI (especially because they were introduced mostly in a joke book by Aaron) and Bendis's NXI kids, though the NXI kids are more like the Academy kids than the JGI kids.

Yeah. I hope that made some kind of sense lmfao.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey