View Poll Results: Who is the best other Spidey?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Reilly

23 32.39%
  • Miles Morales

29 40.85%
  • Miguel O'Hara

19 26.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Default Who is the best other Spider-Man?

Out of the three most prolific 'other Spider-Men' .....
    Ben Reilly, Miguel O'Hara & Miles Morales who is your fav or the best and why?

For me I think Miguel is the best because he feels much more like his own unique character than the other two, who imo both live in the shadow of Peter.
    Even tho there are definitely cool elements to Ben and Miles, mainly the costumes lol.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 10-29-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Astonishing Member

Ben Reilly. One of the only things I liked from the Clone Saga. I do like Miguel also.

BANNED

Pre-2013 Miguel, for the same reasons as you. More of a standalone character who's world is more associated with picking up the pieces of the Marvel community's place in it's own history.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Pre-2013 Miguel, for the same reasons as you. More of a standalone character who's world is more associated with picking up the pieces of the Marvel community's place in it's own history.
    Yea, the original 1992-96 Spidey2099 series was AMAZING!
    Then when they brought him back and stuck him in the present day the series REALLY lost a lot....
    Rick Leonardi was another factor in what made the 90's comic so great & distinct.

Thumbs up

None of the above is my answer. I'll go with Otto Octavius instead. I simply adore his brilliantly ruthless, anti-hero, take no prisoners version of Spidey. He's such a breath of fresh air in a concept long dominated by goody goody characters
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-29-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    None of the above is my answer. I'll go Otto Octavius instead. I simply adore his brilliantly ruthless, anti-hero, take no prisoners version of Spidey. He's such a breath of fresh air in a concept long dominated by goody goody characters
    Damn, I should have added Superior as an option.....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    None of the above is my answer. I'll go with Otto Octavius instead. I simply adore his brilliantly ruthless, anti-hero, take no prisoners version of Spidey. He's such a breath of fresh air in a concept long dominated by goody goody characters
    I'd have gone for Otto if he was an option.

BANNED

Ben Reilly. Back when he was Spider-man and not this dumb version we have now.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Miguel may have been first, but Miles always felt like the next step for the legacy of Spider-Man. I prefer Miles for having an familiar but unique blend of Spider-Man stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Miguel may have been first, but Miles always felt like the next step for the legacy of Spider-Man. I prefer Miles for having an familiar but unique blend of Spider-Man stories.
    Yes. Peter to retire at ASM#1000 and have Miles take the baton for 70 years till we get to 2099? haha.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Voted for Miguel but each has their moments

Miguel: Found him most unique and thrilling of the three. The other two are shadows of Parker

Ben: I collected the most books in the 90s. The Clone Saga was something I was following closely. Out of the three, Ben is the most good natured

Miles: Out of the three, I feel he's the one that will take the torch of Spider-Man and carry it on to a new generation.

Personal Favorite:

Kaine: Nearly each issue of Yost's Scarlett Spider Series was a 10 out of 10. Definitely a book I wish wouldn't end.

Mighty Member

If Otto were on the list it would have been a tough call. As is, it was a very easy one to vote for Miles. I never really connected with Miguel and the Clone Saga in the nineties made me stop reading Spider-Man for the only time in my life. Of course most of that wasn't the fault of Ben the character but I never claimed my fandom was rational...

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Miguel, and it's not close. Miles is a cheap imitation of the original, and I just couldn't get into Ben due to the abysmal quality (IMO) of the 90's Spider-Man comics. If I had to choose a second, it would be Kaine. Chris Yost's writing is perfection.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Because I can't vote for Otto I'll give Miles the nod as he is my third favorite current "Spider-Man".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Michael Stone
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage