Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really liked that one! Art and writing. I didn't like the followup, though, where the kid gets all dark and sad.
    I don't even remember the follow up. I assume that was in later issues of Sensational right before OMD?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I don't even remember the follow up. I assume that was in later issues of Sensational right before OMD?
    Neither do I. Liked the original.

I have seen that USM #13 tends to do well on Spidey-centric lists and among USM fans (I think it probably was the best issue of the main series myself). Interesting to see that it did well on a comics in general list (wish that Pizza Dog issue from the Hawkeye series had been higher; that run was something special).

Outside of that number 13, my favorite single issue story I've read in the franchise was probably that first Spider Slayer back in Lee/Ditko classic ASM era; really fun premise down to the sheer lunacy of Spidey being chased by a robot with Jameson's face and the way Peter brings it all on himself with an ill-timed prank. They also revisited it for that great Spider-Girl story where Mayday travels back in time and meets her dad when he was her age.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I have seen that USM #13 tends to do well on Spidey-centric lists and among USM fans (I think it probably was the best issue of the main series myself). Interesting to see that it did well on a comics in general list (wish that Pizza Dog issue from the Hawkeye series had been higher; that run was something special).

Outside of that number 13, my favorite single issue story I've read in the franchise was probably that first Spider Slayer back in Lee/Ditko classic ASM era; really fun premise down to the sheer lunacy of Spidey being chased by a robot with Jameson's face and the way Peter brings it all on himself with an ill-timed prank. They also revisited it for that great Spider-Girl story where Mayday travels back in time and meets her dad when he was her age.
    Fred Hembeck had a great review of that one.

http://www.hembeck.com/Covers/Spiderman25.htm
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I have seen that USM #13 tends to do well on Spidey-centric lists and among USM fans (I think it probably was the best issue of the main series myself). Interesting to see that it did well on a comics in general list
    It's in my top five best Spider-Man stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fred Hembeck had a great review of that one.

http://www.hembeck.com/Covers/Spiderman25.htm
    Thanks for the tip.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)